Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When you take some money out to put in Christmas cards and the machine gives you a load of fives instead of 20s. I know there shouldn't be a problem and it's the same amount but it just feels wrong.

They are 10 and 13. They're probably going to spend the money on Xbox games not going to a strip club (or at least I hope not).

When you take some money out to put in Christmas cards and the machine gives you a load of fives instead of 20s. I know there shouldn't be a problem and it's the same amount but it just feels wrong.

They are 10 and 13. They're probably going to spend the money on Xbox games not going to a strip club (or at least I hope not).

I'm the opposite. Sometimes I want the fivers for shopping so only want a tenner out and the machine tells me only twenty's are available.

Its becoming more common now, I withdrew £50 from a Santander ATM and got it all in fivers recently. Tesco bank often give out fivers too.

That sounds awful to be honest. Who wants a wallet full of fivers?

They are right pocket loose change notes.

It's for all the povvo people who actually often have less than £10 in their account and don't want to go overdrawn.

Gotta admit I've found it quite handy having more fivers around though, if I want to buy a little something in a shop no longer do I have to deal with the confusing array of possibilities when it comes to receiving back a combination of notes and coins in change. I hate that shit when you receive your coins, notes and receipt in illogical layers and you have to immediately get out of the way of the next customer and so you carry the whole construction to the side of the store where you can spend a minute reorganising.

Similarly related, this happened to me in the coop earlier and I was going to post it here:

When you hold your hand out for the change and the gimp behind the counter lays the reciept and note flat in your hand and drops the coins on top, forcing you to scrunch it all a to a ball.

No one in the history of commerce has ever wanted their change like that.

Similarly related, this happened to me in the coop earlier and I was going to post it here:

When you hold your hand out for the change and the gimp behind the counter lays the reciept and note flat in your hand and drops the coins on top, forcing you to scrunch it all a to a ball.

WHy do you have to scrunch it up? 

Just tell anyone you are buying stuff from to keep the change, problem solved.

I used to work in the co-op and made a point of putting coins in the customer's hand and then hold the note/receipt out for them to take it once they've finished depositing the coins in their wallet/pocket.

It's the little things :cool:

I've never ever heard of a cash machine giving fivers out?

Fairly common in student unions from what I've seen. Can be a right pain - my other half got out £200 to pay the deposit for this years house in April, all in fivers. 

I hate shelving - been trying to put up a load today, it keeps falling apart. At least hitting things with a hammer and shouting at them is wonderfully cathartic.