Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

So in one hand I'm holding the shit I've bought, the other, the pile of change handed to me by a fool.

Explain to me again how this works?

Same thing happened to me on Saturday. Went to the co-op bought a drink, some chewy and a chocolate bar, got my wallet out and gave the cashier a £10 note.

Picked up my stuff she said "sorreh I ain't got no fivers" and put a load of change in my hand with the receipt on top. Before I could sort it out the woman behind me was already loading her stuff onto the counter.

So I do the same as you scrunge it up put it in my pocket and sort it out when I'm in my car.

I used to work in the co-op and made a point of putting coins in the customer's hand and then hold the note/receipt out for them to take it once they've finished depositing the coins in their wallet/pocket.

It's the little things :cool:

You were just hoping they'd walk away with just the change so you could keep the notes.

I used to work in the co-op and made a point of putting coins in the customer's hand and then hold the note/receipt out for them to take it once they've finished depositing the coins in their wallet/pocket.

It's the little things :cool:

That's how it should be done, that's how I did it when I worked in the boozer.

You were just hoping they'd walk away with just the change so you could keep the notes.

Happened quite a lot - but I was aware of it and always shouted them back :)

Obviously the odd customer took the coins and then said something along the lines of "I gave you a 20" or something similar but I said yeah here's the rest (the note)

It's easy to be dishonest but I'm not that way inclined.. An example is a lot of elderly customers tell you their pin to put it in for them.. I shan't expand

Edited by DB11

Blokes who walk around with their trousers worn around their thighs. Has there ever been a more ridiculous fashion?

Ones who wear them around the ankles?

Saggy-Pants-_t23b.jpg

Edited by MattP

When you are channel surfing on a Tuesday night and you come across "A casual Christmas", you flick it on hoping for an hour of 80s green street boofheads running into one another and giving it "the big un"

Instead, you turn it on to find some tubby little fvckwit chef like Jamie or Curtis or whoever the current chef god is.. rabbiting on about how to have a christmas barbeque...

its just fvcking food, stop it, enough already!

:nigel:

I watch quite a few pirated films/TV, not to mention live football streams but I wouldn't try to defend the practice. Programmes/films cost money to make so it's only fair that the makers want their money back and more.

If the money was guaranteed to go straight to the maker/artist, I'd agree with you. Sadly the entertainment industry is still dominated by the leeches in the "distribution" industry trying to cling to a business model that has been long outmoded.

In any case, my gear grinding is more at their stupidity in thinking they can corral torrents in this way. They can't.

If cinemas were cheaper, and all shows were available to buy or rent via subscription, or view on tv at the same time as the us for example, people would pirate less. I downloaded sons of anarchy s last season because its not on over here, and I didnt want to wait 24 months for netflix, after all the spoilers are revealed. Nearly all the films I download are already available on dvd for stupid prices, again at least a year away from tv or sky, which dont get all the new releases because love film, netflix and now tv have to split them.

As far as sport goes, why the hell do the us get every damn prem game live on tv when its not even as popular as the other 4 main sports, which btw americans can also subscribe to, and watch all their baseball games etc on dedicated services? Id happily pay 10 pounds a month for a prem football channel, with all the games and so would millions of others. I doubt it would affect attendances too much, and if it did it would just force ticket prices down.

Do these things and not only would pirating be less of an issue ( I think anyway) but in the long run we could all be better off.

When you send your boss a Memorandum of Understanding months ago, he doesn't look at it, but in your discussions he says the IP clause is fine, and then you get a new legal council who does look at it and decides the day before it is due to be signed that the IP clause is not OK. The whole point of the project, which leverages our funding 10x!!, is for the major investor to have ownership of the IP, and for us to be involved so that we can learn about a new system. He's had the information for a while, our old legal council looked at it and OK'd it... 

Annoying way to start my Wednesday.

When you send your boss a Memorandum of Understanding months ago, he doesn't look at it, but in your discussions he says the IP clause is fine, and then you get a new legal council who does look at it and decides the day before it is due to be signed that the IP clause is not OK. The whole point of the project, which leverages our funding 10x!!, is for the major investor to have ownership of the IP, and for us to be involved so that we can learn about a new system. He's had the information for a while, our old legal council looked at it and OK'd it...

Annoying way to start my Wednesday.

Yeah, man, I hate it when that happens.

Love getting a £390 car bill just before xmas. :mad:

Also this talk on getting change. Am i the only person who prefers having the notes then the coins on top. I dont pick up my bags until the change is in my wallet. Wallet in hand. Slide coins in then put notes and receipt in. If somebody is behind me fvck them. They can wait until im finished.

People who comment "where's mine?" on photos of food on facebook, albeit jovialy. That or "save me some!"

No food is exchanging hands and you only have each other on Facebook to be civil, you really both hate each other after her fella noshed off the norris next door and her dog did a big poo on your welcome mat.

"Wheres mine" indeed

• Like 1