Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Not only Leicester losing and being shit, but people who come up to you and say 'hmmmm well, Leicester aren't doing very well are they?!'

I don't want to ****ing talk about it.

Thing is, over this Christmas period visiting family and friends, parties, e.t.c, i'm gonna get alot of this. I might just snap if people press the right buttons.

Not only Leicester losing and being shit, but people who come up to you and say 'hmmmm well, Leicester aren't doing very well are they?!'

Thing is, over this Christmas period visiting family and friends, parties, e.t.c, i'm gonna get alot of this. I might just snap if people press the right buttons.

It's a ****ing nightmare. 'What about Leicester then?', every Monday morning with that smug look on their faces. All the London glory boys expected us to fail and we are. Edited by z-layrex

I can deal with 'banter' (urgh) especially from Liverpool fans whose team is marginally less shite than ours having spent 100 million quid. Worse than that is pity. My girlfriend says stuff like "I'm so sorry, are you ok?" when I meet her on Saturday evenings. So I tell her it's only a game and I couldn't give a shit. Obviously inside I'm crying.

At least I get to work with Cov fans who are too ashamed of their own team to give it the big 'un, but the shop Liverpool fan with a distinct lack of any Pudlian heritage...

Ah yeah - we have an Arsenal fan who has never been to an Arsenal game. He's probably the most vocal fan in the office.

He asked me what division Leicester were in a couple of weeks ago. Premier League, for now, was the response!

The worst thing about it is it is always people who know nothing about football.

The worst thing about it is it is always people who know nothing about football.

This.  They come over all pleased to talk about your crap team but never actually have anything to add to the conversation beyond "you need to score more goals and defend tighter".  ~Thanks.

• Like 3

Not having started the Christmas shopping yet and realising today is pretty much the only chance I'll have to get everything done and the prospect then of spending Sunday afternoon walking around what is sure to be a packed out town centre with very little idea of what to buy for anyone but safe in the knowledge that whatever I buy will be received with not much more than total indifference by people who neither need nor particularly want anymore crappy Christmas presents in their lives and the knowledge therefore that all my efforts are a complete waste of time and money.

Not having started the Christmas shopping yet and realising today is pretty much the only chance I'll have to get everything done and the prospect then of spending Sunday afternoon walking around what is sure to be a packed out town centre with very little idea of what to buy for anyone but safe in the knowledge that whatever I buy will be received with not much more than total indifference by people who neither need nor particularly want anymore crappy Christmas presents in their lives and the knowledge therefore that all my efforts are a complete waste of time and money.

I'm shocked. :xmasohmy:

I had you down as someone who preferred giving than receiving.

This, apart from my baby cousin I can't really see the point.

1/2 of my family hold the same views, the other half insist on getting caught up in it all and moan when I request them not to buy me anything, then ignore that request. Then you have to go through the charade of pretending to be grateful. And as it transpired last year, I am not a good actor.

Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas, I like seeing my family and friends, spending a lot of time with them eating and drinking too much but now I live in Hampshire and only have the 25th, 26th and 1st January off work. This year is more of a ballache that I could really do without.

I've not done anything in the way of xmas shopping either buying or knowing what I am doing Xmas Day. Looks like i'll be spending it on my own which means a normal dinner. may do shopping and get some slices of turker or beef and some pork pie and ods and ends but won't go overboard. Not worth buying a whole turkey for one is it? I don't mind actually. It means I can do what I want. I normally hear off my brother who will give me a bag of stuff from the rest of the family.

I am the same with presents. not bothered about them. My mother says not to buy anything for her then gives me stuff.It gets too much when you add nieces and nephews on. My youngest niece is about twenty now now so does not expect things from everyone.

I will get some beer in though. I will have to do some shopping tomorrow as I don't fancy doing it Xmas Eve and my day for Tuesday is full.

Well, despite my post this morning people have been quite good about the Leicester situation. They saw my self pity! lol

The only 2 people to say something and try and take the piss, 2 Cov fans! :crylaugh: So obviously wasn't bothered about them as anything the throw at me I can chuck back 10x's worse.

Edited by Matt