Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

No water. :@ To be fair, I wasn't planning on drinking much water on NYE but I've just been reminded the cat can't drink beer, wine, spirits or orange juice. 

I do feel sorry for the nice Anglian Water lady who is working this evening and is having to cop the flak, though. >_< 

Can't be much fun for local pubs/restaurants either. :nono: 

When the bin men don't take your bin because the bin is so full the lid is open by about half an inch. Wouldn't really have stopped you being able to chuck the stuff into the lorry would it you absolute pricks? In the week after Xmas too.

Edit. Nothing a quick call to the council can't solve. Back round you come lads.

Edited by Paddy.

When the bin men don't take your bin because the bin is so full the lid is open by about half an inch. Wouldn't really have stopped you being able to chuck the stuff into the lorry would it you absolute pricks? In the week after Xmas too.

Edit. Nothing a quick call to the council can't solve. Back round you come lads.

One summer at Uni I worked on the phones at 'Environmental Services' and the binmen would find absolutely any excuse to miss a collection, sometimes even inventing excuses. Especially if the house was down a side lane. Lazy buggers.

Misleading banks/credit cards.

I've never had a credit card, never wanted one, never had a use for one, but i'm going abroad and read you could get a credit card from the Post Office with no transaction fee for purchases abroad, Phoned up, asked for that specific offer/credit card applied for one, got one, just phoned them up to inform them i'm going abroad and they told me about the charges...A?! Thought there was no charge? Ah well that's a different card, you can cancel this one and apply for the other one 6 months time....well that's no ****ing good to me is it.

Cancelled it. Twats.

Good job I found out now and not later.

Edited by Matt

Misleading banks/credit cards.

I've never had a credit card, never wanted one, never had a use for one, but i'm going abroad and read you could get a credit card from the Post Office with no transaction fee for purchases abroad, Phoned up, asked for that specific offer/credit card applied for one, got one, just phoned them up to inform them i'm going abroad and they told me about the charges...A?! Thought there was no charge? Ah well that's a different card, you can cancel this one and apply for the other one 6 months time....well that's no ****ing good to me is it.

Cancelled it. Twats.

Good job I found out now and not later.

Go on money saving expert, they have a section on the best credit cards for your circumstances.

Just curbed my passenger side alloy >_<

Only saving grace I suppose is that it was fucked anyway, I need them sorting, but it looks even worse now.

I did that to mine the first time I parked it by the kerb, the previous owner having kept them in mint condition for five years. Once you've got it fixed up (assuming you do) you can get these things called Alloygators which protect the alloy. I'm seriously thinking of getting some when I've got some cash spare (Christ knows when that will be)

I did that to mine the first time I parked it by the kerb, the previous owner having kept them in mint condition for five years. Once you've got it fixed up (assuming you do) you can get these things called Alloygators which protect the alloy. I'm seriously thinking of getting some when I've got some cash spare (Christ knows when that will be)

Ah nice. Yeah I keep saying i'm gonna get round to getting them refurbed but never do, but that's definetly something to bare in mind if and when I do get them sorted! Cheers.

Think international, mate. Better opportunities and gives you a chance to put some money away while having fun.

Justifying your own decisions? You could easily have a good grad job in the UK by now but chose to go and teach abroad. Great experience no doubt but not very good career advice imo.

Justifying your own decisions? You could easily have a good grad job in the UK by now but chose to go and teach abroad. Great experience no doubt but not very good career advice imo.

Possibly so, but there's only so much bashing your head against a brick wall that you can do before you seek other options. Getting turned down that many times doesn't do any one any good.

It's perfectly possible he could get a good grad job next week and it would be a better career long term option no doubt, but in the short term the bills have to be paid when you get out of uni.

As for me...yeah, I took the decision on account of limited time and money. Now I have both, and therefore a better platform to seek work when I return. Oddly enough I didn't fancy the idea of hanging around on benefits while waiting for an offer to come my way.

Sky sports news.

And Steven gerrard.

Do you really need 'experts' and ex footballers to continually spew absolute recycled crap about Gerrard leaving for america.

We get it. He's going. He's a good player and was brilliant for liverpool and england. - that's all it needs. Move on for the love of God!