Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

An old good mate deleted me of FB for thinking I ignored him lol FFS I clicked the notification then forgot to read his message, oops

What a ****. Ive been waiting years to get you off my FB and outta my life, finally a reason, you can do one if you think im re adding you  :)

Think international, mate. Better opportunities and gives you a chance to put some money away while having fun.

I'd love to mate (I did a degree in French and Spanish!), but unfortunately I'm tied down to just searching for grad schemes/roles in and around Yorkshire as the missus has just found a teaching job in Leeds. 

What field?  Do you have any work experience?

Anything really, I'm not fussy after about 8 months job hunting. As mentioned already, I've got a 2.1 in French and Spanish, but I've got bugger all business experience which is what everyone seems to require these days. The rubbish thing is is I'm a pretty quick learner and I'm sure given the right training I'd be fine. I've mainly just worked in bars and restaurants as temp work during Uni. Other than that I did a French translation internship in a marketing department for a company in Hull which taught me sweet FA (I was promised that I would be trained and advised, but in the end I was left to set up the French section of the company on my own with no idea what to do) and 6 months working as a hotel receptionist in southern France (great fun,but not what I'd like to do for a career). 

Possibly so, but there's only so much bashing your head against a brick wall that you can do before you seek other options. Getting turned down that many times doesn't do any one any good.

It's perfectly possible he could get a good grad job next week and it would be a better career long term option no doubt, but in the short term the bills have to be paid when you get out of uni.

As for me...yeah, I took the decision on account of limited time and money. Now I have both, and therefore a better platform to seek work when I return. Oddly enough I didn't fancy the idea of hanging around on benefits while waiting for an offer to come my way.

It's starting to get demoralising, luckily a friend of a friend who works for a recruitment firm in Leeds is desperate for clients so hopefully I'll find a role soon. Other than that I'm starting to run out of options and the bank account is starting to look pretty bad with the lack of income. I keep plugging away on the grad jobs websites so fingers crossed my luck will turn around sooner than later!

• Like 1

Bloody lecturers - going through practise papers for my exam next week and come across a question that seems pretty unsolvable (asking for something that can't be worked out through theory, only through practical methods), check the answers afterwards, and the question in the answer book is an entirely different one (which is possible through theory). I really hope he's proof-read the exam paper better than he has the practise ones.

People who put their full-beam lights on when it's not needed (i.e. cars both ways and ample street-lighting). Utterly blinding as a driver of the car infront when you've got beaming lights in all of your mirrors. Took the imbecile about 15-20 minutes before finally realising. 

People who put their full-beam lights on when it's not needed (i.e. cars both ways and ample street-lighting). Utterly blinding as a driver of the car infront when you've got beaming lights in all of your mirrors. Took the imbecile about 15-20 minutes before finally realising. 

Or the LED ones, they seem like they're on full-beam but they're not, just normal but so bright.

That said they do look good when dimmed down/adjusted correctly i.e - Pointing towards the road, rather that shooting up reflecting in people mirrors.

Edited by Matt

Man I was cursing some mofo for his ridiculously bright headlights last night as he wingmanned me down the motorway. Ended up putting the breaks on just to let him past. Turned out to be a police car. I can't believe there aren't standards relating to headlight brightness so how do they get away with it.

Or the LED ones, they seem like they're on full-beam but they're not, just normal but so bright.

That said they do look good when dimmed down/adjusted correctly i.e - Pointing towards the road, rather that shooting up reflecting in people mirrors.

Yeah those I can tolerate when they're dimmed but today's one's were not LED for sure. Twice in 2 days it's happened now.

Man I was cursing some mofo for his ridiculously bright headlights last night as he wingmanned me down the motorway. Ended up putting the breaks on just to let him past. Turned out to be a police car. I can't believe there aren't standards relating to headlight brightness so how do they get away with it.

There are standards, this is why you can't just put HID systems on any car without getting an MOT fail.

Those headlights that are like a dotted line above the main headlight have freaked me out on occasion because they appear in the mirror to wobble all over the place. I seriously thought I was tripping out the first time it happened. No idea what causes it unless it's a difference in brightness that causes the light to arrive at a different speed to the main headlight or something.

Bloody lecturers - going through practise papers for my exam next week and come across a question that seems pretty unsolvable (asking for something that can't be worked out through theory, only through practical methods), check the answers afterwards, and the question in the answer book is an entirely different one (which is possible through theory). I really hope he's proof-read the exam paper better than he has the practise ones.

Feeling the same way today about one of my lecturers. Got results back today, worse than I'd hoped (though not disastrous and still recoverable in the last term) but I swear she compares everything to a professional standard. When we're in lecture or when I ask for help she's like "oh when I worked on this project we did this and that is not upto standard" and I feel like saying well we aren't professional and I know we're working towards that but we're still at Uni. Pissed me off today though because all my previous results this year have been spot on or better than I thought I'd get. 

Part and parcel I guess, just gotta make sure I boss the other half later in the year.

Being ill.

It's weird got like a cough and cold but it's not a fully blown one (Yet, hopefully it won't become fully blown), but got headache, can't sleep, all my muscle's and bones are aching a I feel really weak, and I can't get warm, abit flu-ish but like I say it's not really a proper cough and cold. Done really well for the last couple of years avoiding coughs and colds aswell!

Being ill.

It's weird got like a cough and cold but it's not a fully blown one (Yet, hopefully it won't become fully blown), but got headache, can't sleep, all my muscle's and bones are aching a I feel really weak, and I can't get warm, abit flu-ish but like I say it's not really a proper cough and cold. Done really well for the last couple of years avoiding coughs and colds aswell!

Had the same just before Christmas and last week. 

Just a normal cold! Vicks in a bowl of steaming water. Lemsip at night for a couple of days :thumbup:

Had the same just before Christmas and last week. 

Just a normal cold! Vicks in a bowl of steaming water. Lemsip at night for a couple of days :thumbup:

I got up this morning and feel pretty good actually, still got the cough, hardly got a cold (bit of a sniffle) and i'm not cold/aching anymore. I think lying in bed was making me feel bad, I needed to get up and get moving.

seeing people too young to have gameboy cases on their iphones

YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN

There's a secondary school on the same campus as my college and although there's only 3 or 4 years between them and my year group there's a massive difference in how they've been brought up. I bet a lot of the kids brought up post 2000 don't know what a VHS is.

My grandfather used to keep a basket of kittens by the toilet when the times were good. Them were the days.

I'm not asking for luxury just not really thin stuff that feels a bit like sandpaper Edited by Wookie