Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I'm not asking for luxury just not really thin stuff that feels a bit like sandpaper

My grandpa used to stock stuff that was literally almost like sandpaper. It actually cost more money though and he swore by it saying it was better than the tissue stuff

The Merc's Twitter feed. Looks like it's written by a five-year-old and full of generic clickbait shite not relevant to Leicester.

Still, that's what happens when the paper's parent company decides that's the way to go instead of employing qualified journalists to do it!

What?

which bit didn't you understand haha? 

according to the woman in the shop you need to be over 25 yrs old to buy de-icer to de ice the windows of my car when they're frozen at night. so i can't buy any. so when i go to drive my car home from work at night this week it's going to be fun trying to clear my front and back windows. 

which bit didn't you understand haha? 

according to the woman in the shop you need to be over 25 yrs old to buy de-icer to de ice the windows of my car when they're frozen at night. so i can't buy any. so when i go to drive my car home from work at night this week it's going to be fun trying to clear my front and back windows. 

Who's stupid idea was that?  Jesus, you can drive at 17 but you have to wait 8 years to buy de-icer?  Nuts.

Who's stupid idea was that?  Jesus, you can drive at 17 but you have to wait 8 years to buy de-icer?  Nuts.

yeah i did question the logic in that and got close to being quite angry but before i flipped i realised it probably wasn't the cashier's idea or fault haha. it's been a good few years since i've had to get my mum to sneak me some over aged products from the shop but looks like we'll have to go down that road again :D 

yeah i did question the logic in that and got close to being quite angry but before i flipped i realised it probably wasn't the cashier's idea or fault haha. it's been a good few years since i've had to get my mum to sneak me some over aged products from the shop but looks like we'll have to go down that road again :D

Apparently one can make some kind of drug with it. 

If it was the coop then you have to look older than 25 or you get asked for ID

nah it was in b&m.

i assumed it'd be a "think 25" job, like alcohol or other such products. so showed my id saying i'm 20 and she was just like er yeah so what you have to be 25, then the manager came and was like yeah she's right, you have to be 25 to buy it. madness. 

That can't be right. I'm sure all age based restrictions end at 18 in the UK? Imagine being 24 and living in a society that openly believes you're too not mature enough to own de-icer. Madness.

Unrestricted motorcycles is 21 yrs with a couple of years experience or 24yrs for direct access now I think. Not many other examples spring to mind though.