Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When you go to a gig and the people in front of you never STFU! :angry:

I'm not talking about singing along or between songs turning to each other and giving your opinion on it, I mean talking constantly for 30 mins about general everyday stuff. Seriously, why do these people go? Do they like drinking alcohol at inflated prices? Cos it sure as hell isn't for the music!

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

One Direction, Temporary Traffic Lights, Political Correctness, Ignorant people who believe the rubbish that the media feed them with in 'newspapers'  like The Sun and Daily Mail and those without manners when you've just stood there holding a door open for them...

There is probably more but all of these things really do my head in. Like, I know ladies in their late 30's/early 40s who think the members of 1D are attractive. What is with that? You are probably old enough to be their Mum!

Edited by Robin JD Popley

There is probably more but all of these things really do my head in. Like, I know ladies in their late 30's/early 40s who think the members of 1D are attractive. What is with that? You are probably old enough to be their Mum!

There are women in the chebs/hottest celebs threads that I fancy who are young enough to be my daughters. It tends to work that way. Edited by Webbo

My car's windscreen washer fuse blew when I tried to use it in the cold weather. Annoyingly, the car's handbook doesn't list the fuses.

Rather than check every ruddy fuse in the car, I thought I'd ring the main dealer in Leicester to get the fuse location. The bloody jobsworths wouldn't tell me. Absolute cretins.

They told me that they don't advise I touch the fuse box and that I should bring it in. F UCK OFF!

Subsequently rang the dealer I bought it from in Nottingham, who put me through to a mechanic who told me straight away.

My car's windscreen washer fuse blew when I tried to use it in the cold weather. Annoyingly, the car's handbook doesn't list the fuses.

Rather than check every ruddy fuse in the car, I thought I'd ring the main dealer in Leicester to get the fuse location. The bloody jobsworths wouldn't tell me. Absolute cretins.

They told me that they don't advise I touch the fuse box and that I should bring it in. F UCK OFF!

Subsequently rang the dealer I bought it from in Nottingham, who put me through to a mechanic who told me straight away.

I'm assuming there was a spare in the fuse box and that is how you fixed it, which gives the lie to the main dealer's statement that you shouldn't touch the fuse box yourself. Why would they put spares in if it was something you shouldn't do yourself? Glad you got sorted in the end. Main dealers are pretty much all knobs.

Anti Semitism in the UK in 2015. How pathetically sad.

Something we are going to have to get used too. It's not going away anytime soon, we've got Jews fleeing capital cities in Europe. They say history often is forgotten after two generations.

Its been pretty much open season on the Jews since 9/11 and I'd argue the recent spike we've seen probably shows why Israel needs to exist.

Something we are going to have to get used too. It's not going away anytime soon, we've got Jews fleeing capital cities in Europe. They say history often is forgotten after two generations.

Its been pretty much open season on the Jews since 9/11 and I'd argue the recent spike we've seen probably shows why Israel needs to exist.

I'm still trying to get over that bbc guy in Paris effectively saying Jews deserve because of the Palestinian situation.

The full National Television Award winners tonight were: 

Entertainment Programme – I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!

Drama Performance – Sheridan Smith

Skills Challenge Show – Great British Bake Off

Entertainment Presenter – Ant & Dec

Newcomer – Maddy Hill 

Daytime – This Morning

Comedy – Mrs Brown’s Boys

Serial Drama Performance – Danny Dyer

TV Judge – David Walliams

Multichannel – Celebrity Juice

Chat Show Host – Alan Carr

Special Recognition Award – David Tennant

Factual – Gogglebox

Drama – Downton Abbey

Serial Drama – Eastenders

Talent Show – The X Factor 

British television is finished.

I'm still trying to get over that bbc guy in Paris effectively saying Jews deserve because of the Palestinian situation.

I read a well known columnist who approached the Beeb about a documentary regarding anti-semitism and they were very interested, the thesis was that the far fight hadn’t gone away, but the driving force behind the modern resurgence of anti-Semitism was a sinister alliance between Islamic fundamentalists and elements the fascist left, who shamefully use their virulent hatred of Israel as a stick to beat Britain’s Jewish community, when the BBC learned of the direction he wanted to take the programme, they ran a mile and didn't want to bother even discussing it.

We had 'Je Suis Charlie' and 'Je Suis Ahmed' in the aftermath of the Paris shootings, the five innocent murdered purely on the basis of their religion barely registered in comparison.

Edited by MattP