Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I read a well known columnist who approached the Beeb about a documentary regarding anti-semitism and they were very interested, the thesis was that the far fight hadn’t gone away, but the driving force behind the modern resurgence of anti-Semitism was a sinister alliance between Islamic fundamentalists and elements the fascist left, who shamefully use their virulent hatred of Israel as a stick to beat Britain’s Jewish community, when the BBC learned of the direction he wanted to take the programme, they ran a mile and didn't want to bother even discussing it.

We had 'Je Suis Charlie' and 'Je Suis Ahmed' in the aftermath of the Paris shootings, the five innocent murdered purely on the basis of their religion barely registered in comparison.

And the far right love the Jews now and have nothing to do with it?

Yeah, I'm sure that's the case.

Agree that Islamic fundamentalism is a danger to the Jewish community though, and the Arab-Israeli conflict tends to draw things very much in black and white even amongst those who have nothing to do with it.

Once again, extremism on all sides is the problem.

Incidentally, I think the rise of far right nationalism in Europe is worrying too. I'm thinking the Jewish community remembers what happened the last time that happened too.

He is right though isn't he I know the far right used to be the cornerstone of being anti Jewish lot but times have changed, werent people like EDL even flying Israel flags on their demos?

Everytime you read the papers these days about an attack on a synagogue or a Jew being beat up ETC in a racist attack it's a muslim who was the attacker virtually every single time.

Edited by The Railway Man

Losing internet connection at half past midnight as I am trying to post a reply in this thread.having to use my mobile dongle.

The full National Television Award winners tonight were: 

Entertainment Programme – I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!

Drama Performance – Sheridan Smith

Skills Challenge Show – Great British Bake Off

Entertainment Presenter – Ant & Dec

Newcomer – Maddy Hill 

Daytime – This Morning

Comedy – Mrs Brown’s Boys

Serial Drama Performance – Danny Dyer

TV Judge – David Walliams

Multichannel – Celebrity Juice

Chat Show Host – Alan Carr

Special Recognition Award – David Tennant

Factual – Gogglebox

Drama – Downton Abbey

Serial Drama – Eastenders

Talent Show – The X Factor 

British television is finished.

Worst Awards Ceremony - The National  TV Awards 

• Like 1

He is right though isn't he I know the far right used to be the cornerstone of being anti Jewish lot but times have changed, werent people like EDL even flying Israel flags on their demos?

Everytime you read the papers these days about an attack on a synagogue or a Jew being beat up ETC in a racist attack it's a muslim who was the attacker virtually every single time.

Agreed. But that doesn't make the far right resurgence any less dangerous. They're still out there, and it seems this time the two groups they hate the most are going at each other with zero provocation needed, which suits them just fine. Edited by leicsmac

The full National Television Award winners tonight were: 

Entertainment Programme – I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!

Drama Performance – Sheridan Smith

Skills Challenge Show – Great British Bake Off

Entertainment Presenter – Ant & Dec

Newcomer – Maddy Hill 

Daytime – This Morning

Comedy – Mrs Brown’s Boys

Serial Drama Performance – Danny Dyer

TV Judge – David Walliams

Multichannel – Celebrity Juice

Chat Show Host – Alan Carr

Special Recognition Award – David Tennant

Factual – Gogglebox

Drama – Downton Abbey

Serial Drama – Eastenders

Talent Show – The X Factor 

British television is finished.

The state of television. Glad I don't depend on watching some of that rubbish.

Frying some pork up, cutting one or two in half just to make sure they're cooked all the way through, seeing they are and beginning to eat a different piece then seeing pinkness in one of the halves of the piece you just ate.

Welcome to Salmonella Roulette! This evening is going to be interesting.

I'd be happy to share some nice, safe vegetarian recipes with you, Mac... ;)

Thanks, but I eat enough vegetarian stuff when I'm with the better half. ;)

Don't think I could ever give up meat entirely unless a doc sat me down and said it was an imminent life or death matter. I know there's some good substitutes around these days but for me the texture always seems different, no matter how good the purport to imitiate meat.

Edited by leicsmac

When you spend money you don't have on a skiing holiday, get to the resort and it's warmer than the UK and chucking it down with rain. Can't see much skiing happening this week. Balls.

Unlucky. Snowed quite a bit last night in Sofia. You got a car? You could drive round the Rodopis, some nice villages and monasteries about if you like that kind of thing.

Unlucky. Snowed quite a bit last night in Sofia. You got a car? You could drive round the Rodopis, some nice villages and monasteries about if you like that kind of thing.

Nope, and just had to spend more money on boots as my shoes are completely sodden. The ski lifts are all off for the day as there has also been lightning. And to top it all off, the hotel WiFi and TV antennas have been knocked out. This is absolute bullshit

Nope, and just had to spend more money on boots as my shoes are completely sodden. The ski lifts are all off for the day as there has also been lightning. And to top it all off, the hotel WiFi and TV antennas have been knocked out. This is absolute bullshit

I hope your partner likes watching football.