Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Finally got through an initial assessment for a translation job, but I'm on holiday in California and they want to do a Skype interview for Friday lunch (4am in Cali). Great timing!

Still chuffed Ive got an interview though :D

Congrats. We need more people who can understand what people from Hull are saying.

Finally got through an initial assessment for a translation job, but I'm on holiday in California and they want to do a Skype interview for Friday lunch (4am in Cali). Great timing!

Still chuffed Ive got an interview though :D

Did you even ask for it to be re-arranged or did you just say yes? lol

People who get on already packed train and demand you to move down, where do I move to, ****ing Narnia?

lol I liked that one.

I must admit, on the rare occasion I have to go into London for work it's always during rush hour and the tube pulls into the station and in my eyes, it's not physically possible to fit more people on. Oh how wrong was I.

****ing postie. Yet again I have a parcel due, I'm stood 3 foot away from the door, next to the window, when he comes - he doesn't even attempt to deliver it, puts a failed delivery card through and runs away. 4 parcels I've been due this academic year, 3 of them have been failed deliveries to start with from the same scenario. They never actually attempt to deliver it - they have a failed delivery card ready and run away. The other one I'm willing to guess only wasn't because I was stood in the doorway with it open at the time he arrived.

****ing postie. Yet again I have a parcel due, I'm stood 3 foot away from the door, next to the window, when he comes - he doesn't even attempt to deliver it, puts a failed delivery card through and runs away. 4 parcels I've been due this academic year, 3 of them have been failed deliveries to start with from the same scenario. They never actually attempt to deliver it - they have a failed delivery card ready and run away. The other one I'm willing to guess only wasn't because I was stood in the doorway with it open at the time he arrived.

Call up the delivery company and tell them. It's happened on more than one occasion so hopefully they'll take some kind of action as opposed to just 'monitor' it.

If you're 3 feet from the door and next to the window, why didn't you just go to the door and collect it? Or did you prefer to have this rant instead? :D

I went to the collection office at meridian today and the 3 people in front of me all went off about something going wrong with their delivery, the people doing the jobs on the counters need danger pay

If you're 3 feet from the door and next to the window, why didn't you just go to the door and collect it? Or did you prefer to have this rant instead? :D

If he'd given any indication he was there before the failed delivery card had gone through I would have. As it is, the first notice i got was the failed delivery card - no knock on the door - by which point he was back off down the alleyway out onto the main road.

Call up the delivery company and tell them. It's happened on more than one occasion so hopefully they'll take some kind of action as opposed to just 'monitor' it.

I've complained before and it's changed nothing. 

I went to the collection office at meridian today and the 3 people in front of me all went off about something going wrong with their delivery, the people doing the jobs on the counters need danger pay

I feel sorry for those lot - they end up getting the flack for something that isn't their fault in the slightest given they don't go out on deliveries

Going to be controversial now but

1] OAPs who CHOOSE to go shopping of an evening / weekend when it's already packed, more inconvenient for them in any case, and they struggle around holding everyone up. Why not go in the day when we are all at work, and the shops and the buses etc aren't packed. Saying that I have shopping home delivered these days but when I'm old, I'll surely be making the most of shopping off peak for my sake and everyone else.

2] perfectly able people who take ages filling their bags at the checkout, and have to put every last item into a bag with military precision and then the trolley before rooting through their bag for ages to find their purse, asking 3 times how much, despite it being on a screen right in front of them, getting 22 vouchers out, and fiddling through their change to get the exact amount before realising they don't have it and just handing over a load of notes anyway. Then upon getting change, take ages to put it back into purse and then purse into bag whilst the rest of the queue eagerly waits with false smiles and murderous thoughts :-)

3] And finally, people in a queue behind you who think that by edging right up close to you so they are literally touching you will get them served quicker.

Cool - feel better now :-)

• Like 2

Supermarket bags. I've got more chance of getting in Rachel Riley's knickers than I do of quickly opening a carrier bag at a self service till when there's a big queue behind me.

Yeah I visualised that immediately. Same here!! You just feel everyone's eyes on you cursing you. 

Bagworth - Yes x a million to no 3, and you can make that any queue for that matter.

Why does someone behind you in a queue feel the need to stand beside you looking frustrated and impatient? Its almost like such a bellend 'alpha male' thing to do..

Bagworth - Yes x a million to no 3, and you can make that any queue for that matter.

Why does someone behind you in a queue feel the need to stand beside you looking frustrated and impatient? Its almost like such a bellend 'alpha male' thing to do..

Pensioners are the worst for being crafty queue jumpers. Sneak ahead of you then give you that innocent "oh I didn't realise there was a queue" look.

The other one I don't understand is at airports when the gate opens right opposite the bar or where there are hundreds of comfy seats, why everyone gets up and rushes to get into the queue when they all have allocated seats anyway. So they stand queuing (edged right up close to each other and virtually next to each other :-) ) for ages just to be the first to take their seat in cramped conditions whilst we enjoy our drink in the comfort of the bar until the last few passengers in the queue go through, walk freely on to the plane and spend 30 mins less in cramped seating conditions.

oh well each to their own

• Like 1

The other one I don't understand is at airports when the gate opens right opposite the bar or where there are hundreds of comfy seats, why everyone gets up and rushes to get into the queue when they all have allocated seats anyway. So they stand queuing (edged right up close to each other and virtually next to each other :-) ) for ages just to be the first to take their seat in cramped conditions whilst we enjoy our drink in the comfort of the bar until the last few passengers in the queue go through, walk freely on to the plane and spend 30 mins less in cramped seating conditions.

oh well each to their own

Sheep mentality!