Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I had a temper tantrum in Tescos today,you know the one when everyone looks round,I might be in the wrong here.

I Was in a Cambridge Tescos ,and was walking along near the tills when I saw a member of staff standing in the middle of the aisle texting on her phone and a bloke blocking the other side with his trolley .

Thought that's not professional as I walked by.Then crunch slip,I must have looked a right tit,someone had dropped a jar of homepride curry sauce( a serious crime in itself) and I had trodden on the glass which fired off ,and I then skidded on the sauce( you may laugh )

The women worker said" I was guarding that so no one would do that" and tutted,I went apeshit I turned around and replied"No,you were texting,if you were guarding it I wouldn't have gone in it" she responded " how dare you" and I said " why you wouldn't put a basket over it and stand with one leg resting on it ,or is that too simple"she then starred at me and I went on" well I will do it then" She growled" " no you will not" I went off with curry on my shoe,(home )pride hurt and angry.Some old dear did say I was right and she was rude.

Funny thing was I was getting some wet wipes and shoe polish.

• Like 2

I had a temper tantrum in Tescos today,you know the one when everyone looks round,I might be in the wrong here.

I Was in a Cambridge Tescos ,and was walking along near the tills when I saw a member of staff standing in the middle of the aisle texting on her phone and a bloke blocking the other side with his trolley .

Thought that's not professional as I walked by.Then crunch slip,I must have looked a right tit,someone had dropped a jar of homepride curry sauce( a serious crime in itself) and I had trodden on the glass which fired off ,and I then skidded on the sauce( you may laugh )

The women worker said" I was guarding that so no one would do that" and tutted,I went apeshit I turned around and replied"No,you were texting,if you were guarding it I wouldn't have gone in it" she responded " how dare you" and I said " why you wouldn't put a basket over it and stand with one leg resting on it ,or is that too simple"she then starred at me and I went on" well I will do it then" She growled" " no you will not" I went off with curry on my shoe,(home )pride hurt and angry.Some old dear did say I was right and she was rude.

Were you injured? I'm pretty sure you could sue Tesco if you wanted to through some kind of neglect lol?! A work colleague slipped in Asda once due to some food on the floor which she slipped over on, broke her elbow and got a couple of grand in compensation.

• Like 1

That reminds me of the time that I worked in Co-op.

A baby had been sick in the checkout queue between two tills. I put a 'wet floor' sign in between the two tills to block it and indicate that the checkout was closed - the operator was going to finish off serving the father of the baby that had been sick and then move to another till whilst I was cleaning it (the joys of being a supervisor :()

Anyway I am standing there explaining to people that this lane is now closed and if they could start queuing on another one and wait for the operator and this bloke was completely impatient, cuts across me and basically pushes, steps around the wet floor sign and goes arse over tit landing in baby sick all down his trousers and on his hand lol

Oh it was hilarious and nothing less than he deserved by ignoring me and trying to get served quickly instead of joining the queue

• Like 2

I would be fuming if that was me. Your lucky you didnt seriously hurt yourself standing on glass. No way i would have just walked off. I would have took her name and complained. Clearly she wasnt interested in her job.

My local Tesco (Dominion Road Glenfield) has some poor staff. I took a 6 pack of coke back as one of them was empty (still sealed must have had a hole in the can). The lad that served me (i would say early twenties) says "thats fvcking shit that is". Now i dont mind a bit of swearing but theres a time and a place and serving customers in your place of work isnt the time. I didnt say anything but would have done if my kids were with me. He calls the supervisor over to do an exchange and she comes over. Every sentence ends with the word "babe". No im not your fvcking babe (although i am ravishingly handsome lol , unless she thought i looked like Babe the pig).

• Like 1

Watched season 2 episode 1+2 of Benefit Britain. Disgusting. 

Episode 2 the Romanian man who is using the money to build his house in Romania and the Polish woman still collecting benefits after moving back to Poland.

Not only are they taking money out of the system, they are not spending it in the UK. It is completely lost money.

I would be fuming if that was me. Your lucky you didnt seriously hurt yourself standing on glass. No way i would have just walked off. I would have took her name and complained. Clearly she wasnt interested in her job.

My local Tesco (Dominion Road Glenfield) has some poor staff. I took a 6 pack of coke back as one of them was empty (still sealed must have had a hole in the can). The lad that served me (i would say early twenties) says "thats fvcking shit that is". Now i dont mind a bit of swearing but theres a time and a place and serving customers in your place of work isnt the time. I didnt say anything but would have done if my kids were with me. He calls the supervisor over to do an exchange and she comes over. Every sentence ends with the word "babe". No im not your fvcking babe (although i am ravishingly handsome lol , unless she thought i looked like Babe the pig).

Finally a new profile picture! I can start reading your posts again.

Episode 2 the Romanian man who is using the money to build his house in Romania and the Polish woman still collecting benefits after moving back to Poland.

Not only are they taking money out of the system, they are not spending it in the UK. It is completely lost money.

The couple on last nights episode were quite infuriating

Guest MattP

Don't blame them, if you have system in place that allows this happen don't be surprise when people do it, if I could collect more in benefits in Romania than working here I'd be on a coach to Bucharest to do so.

This is a country that has encouraged getting something for nothing over the last 20 years, of course situations like this will arise when you do that.

Edited by MattP

Don't blame them, if you have system in place that allows this happen don't be surprise when people do it, if I could collect more in benefits in Romania than working here I'd be on a coach to Bucharest to do so.

This is a country that has encouraged getting something for nothing over the last 20 years, of course situations like this will arise when you do that.

I dont disagree with you.

The couple on last nights episode were quite infuriating

Intrigued I just googled them. They are the scottish ones in search of fame?

Initially, I was annoyed that they get 15k in benefits. Then I realised they are mentally challenged. Otherwise how could they believe they have talent?

Were you injured? I'm pretty sure you could sue Tesco if you wanted to through some kind of neglect lol?! A work colleague slipped in Asda once due to some food on the floor which she slipped over on, broke her elbow and got a couple of grand in compensation.

Luckily not,I'm not the type to sue but I've just had 4 weeks of chronic back ache ,over £200 in osteopath fees,I was slightly concerned.However,I'm skiing from Saturday ,if I had injured myself I would have done.

Guest MattP

Churchill was mostly terrible as a politician and I say that as somebody who would vote conservative

His career should have been done after Gallipoli to be honest but he deserves credit for turning it around.

Politics can be all about timing, something he, Thatcher and Blair got perfect.

Whoever said Judge Randall earlier - I agree 100%.

Seen in for the first and last time today and its like Jeremy Kyle meets Judge Judy only with a camp barrister (probably not even a QC).

Spend most of the show trying to work out whether everyone is an actor or not.

His career should have been done after Gallipoli to be honest but he deserves credit for turning it around.

Politics can be all about timing, something he, Thatcher and Blair got perfect.

It's incredible how he became pm after Norway, he fvcked it up and Chamberlain bore the brunt.

Edited by Wookie