Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who moan at the NHS system, and how the doctors + nurses in this country are "rubbish". 

Why don't you move to USA or Greece and see how well you get seen there for free...

Usually same people who don't want to pay tax and moan about the amount of tax they pay ...they always want better services and never want to pay for it

• Like 1

People who moan at the NHS system, and how the doctors + nurses in this country are "rubbish". 

Why don't you move to USA or Greece and see how well you get seen there for free...

lol i assume this is a dig at my post. Not quite sure how you can class the treatment as 'free' when we all pay one way or another, when i witness my doctor going onto google to look up my symptoms and a diagnosis i think its safe to say he's not a very good doctor.

When i have to chase up test results for my sons MRI scan and constantly chase up return appointments that he is supposed to have again its safe to say that the system really isnt very good. When a baby is ill with a chest infection they prescribe the weakest medicine first in the hope that over time it will heal rather than giving him the best medicine available to begin with that tells me priorities arent in the right place.

So as far as im concerned i have a few grounds to have a moan about the NHS, how its run and the people they employ.

• Like 4

I have enormous respect for doctors and nurses and there are some great people working for the NHS, but there are also some terrible ones and the system from personal experience is in a poor state.

One example from the many I have:

My 4 year old son was quite clearly ill last month, we took him to the GP 3 times over a 3 day period and each time were sent home with a different explanation (virus, croup, throat inflamed).

By the 4th day and clearly not getting better we decided to take him to the hospital where again we were seen and almost straight away were given the "it's just a virus" line and were told to be on our way. Only after we kicked up a big fuss did they agree to look further into it and they found he had pneumonia and his oxygen levels were dangerously low. The care he received from that point on was great and he had to spend 7 days hooked up to machines but it seems such a massive struggle to get the required care.

Even after my mother was diagnosed with 2 months to live from cancer her GP still refused to make a home visit he used to prescribe drugs over the phone. He was suppose to organise a care plan for her but didn't bother to even refer her to the MacMillan nurses until the day before she died and then only after the ambulance crew we had to call out for her complained about him.

The MacMillan nurse said that she'd been on the wrong painkillers (morphine) and she should have been on a different type. My mother had been in unnecessary pain for 2 months because the useless cvnt of a GP couldn't be bothered. Nobody is going to tell me I can't moan about the NHS.

Even after my mother was diagnosed with 2 months to live from cancer her GP still refused to make a home visit he used to prescribe drugs over the phone. He was suppose to organise a care plan for her but didn't bother to even refer her to the MacMillan nurses until the day before she died and then only after the ambulance crew we had to call out for her complained about him.

The MacMillan nurse said that she'd been on the wrong painkillers (morphine) and she should have been on a different type. My mother had been in unnecessary pain for 2 months because the useless cvnt of a GP couldn't be bothered. Nobody is going to tell me I can't moan about the NHS.

Did you complain? My dad died of prostate cancer 12 years ago and we couldn't fault the GP and Macmillan in the last 6 months, he was given a month to live early December and actually died in May.

Did you complain? My dad died of prostate cancer 12 years ago and we couldn't fault the GP and Macmillan in the last 6 months, he was given a month to live early December and actually died in May.

My sister was planning to, I don't know if she ever did. Nothing will change if we did.

People that hear the word 'genuinely' and believe that this manifests itself in text form as 'generally'.

I don't remember the moment in school a teacher taught me the difference. I think I just observed it somehow; picked it up along the way.

Yes. Observation. People with the lack of a willingness to observe really grind my twotting gears. There's no excuse for such laziness.

If only people would just OBSERVE more often, the root cause of a lot of idiocy would never grow into something that p*sses me off, causing me to OBSERVE that the theory of evolution is questionable given the amount of fvckwits crawling the planet in 2015 with an inability to make use all of the information in the world available at the click of a button.

I'm going to bed.

EDIT: I just observed a spelling mistake. 

EDIT2: Does anybody read The Observer? I've never read it but it sounds like my kind of rag.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 3

People that hear the word 'genuinely' and believe that this manifests itself in text form as 'generally'.

I don't remember the moment in school a teacher taught me the difference. I think I just observed it somehow; picked it up along the way.

Yes. Observation. People with the lack of a willingness to observe really grind my twotting gears. There's no excuse for such laziness.

If only people would just OBSERVE more often, the root cause of a lot of idiocy would never grow into something that p*sses me off, causing me to OBSERVE that the theory of evolution is questionable given the amount of fvckwits crawling the planet in 2015 with an inability to make use all of the information in the world available at the click of a button.

I'm going to bed.

EDIT2: Does anybody read The Observer? I've never read it but it sounds like my kind of rag.

Exactly. Same with "should/would/could of" - so many idiots say it and at no point do they think "hang on a minute this makes not even a f**king shred of sense"

You wouldn't say "I'll of a pint have lager please". Also, the Americanism "different than that", which is catching on here and also makes bugger all sense.

I'm going to bed.

Agreed totally.

Same with 'defiantly/definitely'.

Apologies if my last post about the NHS offended anyone on a personal level.

My point being whilst the service you get in this country might not be amazing all of the time. The consistency in which it performs for the price we pay is amazing. 

No other country offers the same healthcare for just paying N.I. each month at such a quality level. 

And while I give my condolences to anyone who has had poor service or lost loved ones from the NHS, I stand by it, because it's not the staffs fault, they're the ones people moan about. My sister is a nurse at the royal, she does 10-12 sometimes 14 hour shifts with a 15-30 minute break, dealing with 5-6 patients on her own, I'd like to see anyone do that without making the odd mistake.

lol i assume this is a dig at my post. Not quite sure how you can class the treatment as 'free' when we all pay one way or another, when i witness my doctor going onto google to look up my symptoms and a diagnosis i think its safe to say he's not a very good doctor.

Why should medical professionals not use the internet to document and source information? They live in the 21st century too. Would it have given you more confidence if he had dusted off an old journal from his bookshelf and looked in there instead?

Why should medical professionals not use the internet to document and source information? They live in the 21st century too. Would it have given you more confidence if he had dusted off an old journal from his bookshelf and looked in there instead?

I thought that too, there's symptoms that occur from 1000s of disease so I'd rather they check on the internet than just guess.

And it was more than likely an internal network that the NHS have to check symptoms rather than just a random web page with zero credibility.

Edited by DB11

If it was a system within the NHS then fair enough but it was Google ffs. Anybody can Google something. Basically this doctor was giving me his diagnosis based on a document that he found in a search engine. How credible was this document. I literally sat there next to him on the internet. Once i saw the document he was quoting i walked out. If this is a requirement of him being a 'medical professional' then we are all medical professionals

I've said this before, but people who drive in convoy with their hazards on. I don't care if it is a funeral, laws apply. You can't just drive through red lights, block roundabouts, drive too fast/too slow. Idiots.

Soggy skin on fish. Seriously, it isn't that hard to crisp a fish skin. Especially if you call yourself a professional chef.

When people who you are disagreeing with and are clearly in the wrong use the word "actually" in the mistaken view that it makes their distorted perception correct.

My pet hate in arguments is when someone raise their voice, talks over the other person and accuses the other person of being rude when the other person is trying to defend themselves.

An old housemate had this down to a tee.

• Like 1

If it was a system within the NHS then fair enough but it was Google ffs. Anybody can Google something. Basically this doctor was giving me his diagnosis based on a document that he found in a search engine. How credible was this document. I literally sat there next to him on the internet. Once i saw the document he was quoting i walked out. If this is a requirement of him being a 'medical professional' then we are all medical professionals

If he was picking sources from the Internet at random, then I agree that's not acceptable. But Google is simply a means of finding what you are looking for more quickly. It's much easier to type some keywords into a search engine than plug in the entire web address. Once Google returns the results, it's pretty easy to tell what is credible and what is not.