Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When you tell the internet company they have a problem with their system, they ask you to turn the modem off and on, reset etc, even though you've done that, checked the system, bought a new modem to test, and then they send someone out, who fixes the phone but not the internet, you then have to call them and chew them out, and then they send two kids out, who ask for your username and password, they then say no, not your wifi code, which I didn't give them, I GAVE YOU THE ISP username and password numb nuts, and then they reset the modem (again) and then after much gnashing of my teeth, they decide there is a problem their end. Yes. There is. That is what I told you yesterday, and i've now lost a days worth of work. And they still haven't fixed the problem. (Sent from my tethered phone). And I dropped and smashed my phone while answering one of their calls. P!ssed.

Edited by Merging Cultures

When you tell the internet company they have a problem with their system, they ask you to turn the modem off and on, reset etc, even though you've done that, checked the system, bought a new modem to test, and then they send someone out, who fixes the phone but not the internet, you then have to call them and chew them out, and then they send two kids out, who ask for your username and password, they then say no, not your wifi code, which I didn't give them, I GAVE YOU THE ISP username and password numb nuts, and then they reset the modem (again) and then after much gnashing of my teeth, they decide there is a problem their end. Yes. There is. That is what I told you yesterday, and i've now lost a days worth of work. And they still haven't fixed the problem. (Sent from my tethered phone). And I dropped and smashed my phone while answering one of their calls. P!ssed.

The other side: our Virgin Broadband went down the other day, I phoned up and they fiddled with the settings while I was on the phone and bingo, internet working again. Phone call was even free using WeQ4U - a very painless 3 minutes

The other side: our Virgin Broadband went down the other day, I phoned up and they fiddled with the settings while I was on the phone and bingo, internet working again. Phone call was even free using WeQ4U - a very painless 3 minutes

Internet is back now. Thanks JJJS you've fixed it!!

i need to use weq4u more!

so far *touch wood* i have not had a problem with virgin at my house. 

netflix on the other hand! 

I seriously doubt anyone's ever changed their mind about anything because Katie Hopkin has said something in the Sun.

That's right. But of course the real problem is not people being converted to her views, but those who already believe in them reading them and believing themselves more vindicated and less willing to change themselves.

• Like 2

I seriously doubt anyone's ever changed their mind about anything because Katie Hopkin has said something in the Sun.

You wouldn't Webbo, but you're an intelligent person. There are people out there who will lap up everything she says and take it as gospel. My colleagues husband for example, thinks Hopkins is a legend and can do no wrong.

Shouldn't expect people to be the same as you, there are some really ****ing stupid people out there. It why packets of nuts have to tell you they contain nuts.

EDIT: Also, what Leicsmac said.

Edited by Facecloth

I think a lot of people are fed up with political correctness and are glad when someone winds the self righteous pricks up. Doesn't mean that they necessarily agree with what's being said.

I think a lot of people are fed up with political correctness and are glad when someone winds the self righteous pricks up. Doesn't mean that they necessarily agree with what's being said.

There's a very fine line between finding someone else trolling fun and agreeing with their derision of the target involved. And I think you overestimate the ability of a lot of people who read Hopkins columns to make that distinction.

Of course, the smart ones do disavow as you say, but there are far more who will just see the article and nod in agreement.

Edited by leicsmac

The whole Paul Walker hype after his death.

Yes, it is sad that he passed away but the amount of overhyped 'emotional' bullshit from Fast and Furious fans, Vin Diesel and the chav boy racer fraternity is unreal.

I saw someone posted a status on Facebook on the day of his death which said " I don't know who Paul Walker is and have never watched any of his films but RIP an amazing actor"

I really wish I was kidding, I really do. 

I saw someone posted a status on Facebook on the day of his death which said " I don't know who Paul Walker is and have never watched any of his films but RIP an amazing actor"

I really wish I was kidding, I really do. 

Doing my ****ing head in.

Stuff like; "I'm not an emotional person but the ending of F+F got me going #RIP". (followed by a thousand of those emoji bollocks)

****. Off.

Mates having tools nicked out of vans. 8 from my area got done over last night. The lad I'm good mates with had 9 power tools nicked. To the tune of about £1500. He's got to use his money that he was going to use to pay his holiday off with his kids and missus to replace them

Yeah, some of the lads at work have had there's done. We are being asked to bring tools, iPads and laptops inside. Yeah like my house isn't already full of enough shit.

Mates having tools nicked out of vans. 8 from my area got done over last night. The lad I'm good mates with had 9 power tools nicked. To the tune of about £1500. He's got to use his money that he was going to use to pay his holiday off with his kids and missus to replace them

Isn't in common practice not to leave high value tools in a works van? :huh:

Edited by DB11

Calling someone to discuss an important matter than can't be resolved by email, spending 30 mins writing up a helpful note on the matter discussed for everyone's benefit, then receiving a call from one of the parties in your email to the effect of '... So what exactly did they say?'

If you want to actually read the fvcking email you might just find out...

Yeah, some of the lads at work have had there's done. We are being asked to bring tools, iPads and laptops inside. Yeah like my house isn't already full of enough shit.

Is your toilet blocked?

That makes it ok for them to be nicked then.

Easy to say in practice. Fact is at the end of a hard days graft the last thing you feel like doing is emptying your van. Especially when you don't have a driveway like me

Of course it's not ok for them to be stolen but unfortunately, in the society we live in, you have to be security conscious. I am guessing the insurance aren't paying out for one reason or another - does it stipulate that high value tools should not be kept in the van overnight?

Edited by DB11