Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

What pisses me off with the Tumblr kids is that they make up about 4 new genders a week

That actually doesn't bother me that much on there.

The 'SuperWhoLockVengers' crossover smut-writing squeeing fangirls who percieve every innocent gesture by every male character towards another male character in a mainstream TV show or film to have romantic innuendo and therefore a fic must be written about it in hugely exaggerated depth? Totally with you.

The 'I don't care who this offends, I'm going to celebrate St George's Day' brigade. I'm proud to be English and yeah it would be great if St George's Day was a public holiday with celebrations etc, but it's not as though anybody is stopping them from celebrating it, providing it's within the law of course. I think the main reason that it annoys me is that it's generally the same bunch of people who share Daily Mail articles about how 'political correctness' is turning our once great and powerful nation into a laughing stock.

Agree. Generally it's just people making excuses for the fact they can't be arsed to organise a celebration themselves. Happy St George's Day one and all though!

The 'I don't care who this offends, I'm going to celebrate St George's Day' brigade. I'm proud to be English and yeah it would be great if St George's Day was a public holiday with celebrations etc, but it's not as though anybody is stopping them from celebrating it, providing it's within the law of course. I think the main reason that it annoys me is that it's generally the same bunch of people who share Daily Mail articles about how 'political correctness' is turning our once great and powerful nation into a laughing stock.

God yes. And

THIS MAN WHO SERVED IN AFGHANISTAN AND LOST FIVE LEGS AND KILLED A MILLION TERRORISTS WAS THROWN OUT OF HIS PUB AND STONED BY SHARIA MUSLIMISTS JUST BECAUSE HE HAD A ROSE ON HIS TSHIRT ITS RACIST TO BE ENGLISH NOW SHARE IF YOU'RE OUTRAGED.

**** off. Stop making up rubbish to get offended and just celebrate your heritage. I'm pretty sure more people are paranoid about being accused of being offensive than are actually offended.

• Like 1

Heard a rumour yer da has already had his first Carling of the day and is off to Spoons to celebrate with his sports direct st george's cross draped over him. But not before he does the 10 German bombers chant outside the bmw garage.

Imagine being proud of some mythical man slaying a mythical creature, or the accident of your birthplace for that matter.

Nothing wrong with celebrating having something in common with other people, as long as the way you choose to do that isn't by being a massive cvnt about it.

Imagine being proud of some mythical man slaying a mythical creature, or the accident of your birthplace for that matter.

Can't agree with this however.

Accident of birth, sure, but I think it's a positive thing to celebrate the good points of the culture and community you live in.

I'd love to see the English more freely embrace their folk traditions, their sense of humour, their passion for personal liberties, their fantastic history of engineering and scientific achievement, etc. Why not?

But instead of limiting it to a few chavs in the market tavern being bitter and moaning, get out in the street and invite your neighbours of any nationality and birthplace.

I'm celebrating st George's day by doing what the English people of old did best - a hard days' graft in pursuit of a better world.

lol

I've just made a similar comment to a plastic paddy in our office giving it large to our coworkers.

Day of English patron saint - everyone grafting at work. Day of Irish patron saint - everyone skiving off drinking. Ha.

I'm happy with day of Welsh patron saint, tbh, wear vegetable and eat cake. Mmm, Welsh cakes.

At least ACT like a decent human being, these are real people, escaping horrific circumstances and they have now perished. This is a man who sees refugees as nothing more an irritant and cost to society.

or even actually BE more compassionate and caring.... this is a man who when discussing an australian soldiers death in Afghanistan said "ah, well... I guess shit happens"

His quote is based on his cruel heartless treatment of the very few refugees who try to escape the horrors of war and torture by coming to australia, his theory of "stopping the boats" is very attractive to racist and ignorant australians, who's only concern is their money, but in truth, stopping the boats to prevent deaths at sea, is like saying if we stop the ambulances, we will lower the death rates in hospitals.

out of sight out of mind is not a policy.

I think from this and further posts, you've over simplified what has been said to just 'stop the boats'. What was said, and what is correct, is to stop the people smuggling trade. What's wrong with that? The answer that everyone seems to be happy with is just shifting all the unhappy people from one place to another. Whereas this may be a short term solution, the real problem that needs to be tackled is why the people keep fleeing these areas. tackle and fix that problem, and you fix the illegal immigration. easier said than done, of course, but at least it's addressing the real issue.

And to think that some have the cheek to actually blame Europe, Britain, Australia for illegal immigration. It's our fault they are doing it, because we are such an attractive proposition lol

I think from this and further posts, you've over simplified what has been said to just 'stop the boats'. What was said, and what is correct, is to stop the people smuggling trade. What's wrong with that? The answer that everyone seems to be happy with is just shifting all the unhappy people from one place to another. Whereas this may be a short term solution, the real problem that needs to be tackled is why the people keep fleeing these areas. tackle and fix that problem, and you fix the illegal immigration. easier said than done, of course, but at least it's addressing the real issue.

And to think that some have the cheek to actually blame Europe, Britain, Australia for illegal immigration. It's our fault they are doing it, because we are such an attractive proposition lol

To be fair, the government came to power with the quote of "stop the boats"

JohnNguyenFlyer_zps88af5833.jpg

so its not a simplification, it is their policy.

They stop or turn back EVERY boat they do not check if the people on the boat are "genuine" refugees.

I appreciate that some people are scared by the influx of people, but this is about being decent caring people, if my next door neighbour is at risk of being killed by her partner, its my responsibility to help her to safety. The same applies to countries.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by ozleicester

To be fair, the government came to power with the quote of "stop the boats"

JohnNguyenFlyer_zps88af5833.jpg

so its not a simplification, it is their policy.

They stop or turn back EVERY boat they do not check if the people on the boat are "genuine" refugees.

I appreciate that some people are scared by the influx of people, but this is about being decent caring people, if my next door neighbour is at risk of being killed by her partner, its my responsibility to help her to safety. The same applies to countries.

hqdefault.jpg

Haha oh dear. I'll put my hands up there and give you that on the situation in Australia, that's a pretty blunt policy to have! Though my point, I feel, still stands, that rather than just whisking everyone away from North Africa to the wonderful fairy land of Western Europe, USA and Australia (because they deserve it for being prosperous), the problem needs to addressed at the roots to make their original countries safer, with more jobs and more reason to stay. I don't see that as being unreasonable, just sensible and in the interests of everyone involved, surely?

Edited by Darkon84

lol

I've just made a similar comment to a plastic paddy in our office giving it large to our coworkers.

Day of English patron saint - everyone grafting at work. Day of Irish patron saint - everyone skiving off drinking. Ha.

I'm happy with day of Welsh patron saint, tbh, wear vegetable and eat cake. Mmm, Welsh cakes.

I get made Welsh Cakes and cawl on your day so at the moment it's beating St George's Day.

Haha oh dear. I'll put my hands up there and give you that on the situation in Australia, that's a pretty blunt policy to have! Though my point, I feel, still stands, that rather than just whisking everyone away from North Africa to the wonderful fairy land of Western Europe, USA and Australia (because they deserve it for being prosperous), the problem needs to addressed at the roots to make their original countries safer, with more jobs and more reason to stay. I don't see that as being unreasonable, just sensible and in the interests of everyone involved, surely?

definitely...i think the idea of making their homes places they want to stay is certainly the best. From people i have spoken to, they would love to stay in safety in their homeland with their families and friends etc.

Sadly the majority of people trying to get to OZ are escaping from war torn areas like Sri lanka, Afghanistan, iraq etc (places oz armed forces have been "working") so i can understand them wanting to escape and find freedom and safety.

Our current policy of locking children in prison is child abuse and i (and i imagine any decent human) want that stopped.

If you have 8 minutes... this is from a discussion on tonights TV and is worth watching.... http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-23/the-drum-thursday-april-23/6416870 as it explains one of the reasons i am so disturbed by our current practice.

I assume there are lots of amusing photoshops of this picture?!

To be honest, not as many as youd think... as you said, most aussies are just embarrassed by the guy, funny we discuss this today... as today the queen has officially made the prince a knight.

_82489185_82489184.jpg

He looks so confused.

To be fair... this has confused me to.... so, now he is a knight, is the better than a prince or a duke? Im buggered if i know how this set of playing cards works out

Ace, King, Queen, prince/duke/knight

• Like 1

St. George did actually exist - he was a roman soldier who got executed for rebelling against his superiors. Frankly I enjoy the rabid nationalists celebrating a non-brit killing a "Dragon" (probably a crocodile) in Syria and saying it makes them proud to be British despite St. George having nothing to do with Britain, and being someone they wouldn't actually have wanted in the country anyway. 

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1