Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who don't see the point in switching off all personal electronic devices before taking off and landing.

Also, people who can't stop texting or need to call somebody on the phone the minute you've landed.

What can I say, I am very important businessman, not pissing around on holiday like the rest of you.  People are waiting on my call.  Also I am usually replying to emails on my phone when I land, because I have some time, and then I don't need to do it when I get home.  Get over yourself.  Bloody tourists. :whistle:

What can I say, I am very important businessman, not pissing around on holiday like the rest of you. People are waiting on my call. Also I am usually replying to emails on my phone when I land, because I have some time, and then I don't need to do it when I get home. Get over yourself. Bloody tourists. :whistle:

I'm so important that people can wait until I'm ready to answer them, my phone and pc go off at least 30 minutes before I fly which is any minute now. I was advised on my MBA course never to answer calls, make people leave a message and you take control of the situation

lol at you peasants answering your own emails. Haven't you even got a PA?

Of course, how else would I have got plane tickets in the first place?  Fool.  When the CEO emails, you don't get your PA to answer.  You may learn this one day.

Oh, no issues there. I'm specifically referring to the starting and landing phases, though.

That's what I mean. All the flights I've been on recently allow you to keep them on throughout, though they still request you turn larger items like laptops off.

People who are incapable of executing a turn after being stopped at traffic lights without using their brakes.  Unless you're driving the Enterprise at warp-speed there's no reason why any sane person would reach a speed they're uncomfortable turning their vehicle at a mere few metres after starting up again.

Royalty.

It's so divorced from reality nowadays that we don't need it and I can't decide if the constant reporting on their every movement feels more like filler or a distraction from everything 'the man' doesn't want people to be talking about.

A reminder - as if it were needed - that they are so divorced from attitudes and behaviours of society today has been the naming of the newly born princess. We live in a world that continues to question what 'normal' should look like, no less in relation to gender imbalance issues. Increasingly, women are asking why they should be expected to change their surname to that of their partner. That's an argument for another time, but the royal family seem to have gone one step further by naming the princess:

Charlotte (in reference to Charles) Elizabeth (in reference to the Queen) Diana (in reference to Princess Diana) Windsor (Taking the family name).

I wonder what Kate made of it all. Clearly her family history isn't worth consideration in the naming of not one, two, three, but all FOUR of her baby's names.

Listen, I'm no expert on the subject and I'm by no means a feminist lol But can anyone on this forum with an expecting partner seriously argue that their Mrs. would react kindly to your suggestion of naming your son or daughter entirely based on your family history?

Don't give me all of that crap about the tourism they bring the country. It's minimal in comparison to the millions it costs the taxpayer each year. It really is quite unbelievable that we continue to entertain the narrative of a real-life fairytale family. They serve no purpose and p*ss me right off in the process of prancing around giving an excuse for news corporations to talk about something else irrelevant and unimportant to us. Talk to us about the tax dodgers. Talk to us about the top 0.5% that continue to get richer while the poorest get poorer. Talk to us about oil motivated wars. Don't; talk to us about what dress Kate Middleton will wear the first time she takes her daughter out to Waitrose.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

Royalty.

It's so divorced from reality nowadays that we don't need it and I can't decide if the constant reporting on their every movement feels more like filler or a distraction from everything they don't want people to be talking about.

A reminder - as if it were needed - that they are so divorced from attitudes and behaviours of society today has been the naming of the newly born princess. We live in a world that continues to question what 'normal' should look like, no less in relation to gender imbalance issues. Increasingly, women are asking why they should be expected to change their surname to that of their partner. That's an argument for another time, but the royal family seem to have gone one step further by naming the princess:

Charlotte (in reference to Charles) Elizabeth (in reference to the Queen) Diana (in reference to Princess Diana) Windsor (Taking the family name).

I wonder what Kate made of it all. Clearly her family history isn't worth consideration in the naming of not one, two, three, but all FOUR of her baby's names.

Listen, I'm no expert on the subject and I'm by no means a feminist lol But can anyone on this forum with an expecting partner seriously argue that their Mrs. would react kindly to your suggestion of naming your son or daughter entirely based on your family history?

Don't give me all of that crap about the tourism they bring the country. It's minimal in comparison to the millions it costs the taxpayer each year. It really is quite unbelievable that we continue to entertain the narrative of a real-life fairytale family. They serve no purpose and p*ss me right off in the process of prancing around giving an excuse for news corporations to talk about something else irrelevant and unimportant to us. Talk to us about the tax dodgers. Talk to us about the top 0.5% that continue to get richer while the poorest get poorer. Talk to us about oil motivated wars. Don't; talk to us about what dress Kate Middleton will wear the first time she takes her daughter out to the shops.

Charlotte is a family name on the Middleton side apparently.

While I agree completely on the media coverage, you could say the same about all celebrity.  I find it funny that you think that now Royalty marries outside the aristocracy to a girl he met at Uni, that "It's so divorced from reality nowadays".  Are you mad?  It has never been so normal.

It is laughable to think that from Tourism, royal warrants and other benefits, that the Royal family is not a net benefit to the country.  I might also point out that it is far from certain that the state would take ownership of the Crown estates if you decided to abolish the Monarchy.

You can not like, but talking shite doesn't help your cause.

Charlotte is a family name on the Middleton side apparently.

Don't start bringing facts into the argument!

• Like 1

Of course, how else would I have got plane tickets in the first place? Fool. When the CEO emails, you don't get your PA to answer. You may learn this one day.

Says it all really. When your CEO emails you're desperate to impress. When my CEO emails he's trying to impress me.

While I agree completely on the media coverage, you could say the same about all celebrity.  I find it funny that you think that now Royalty marries outside the aristocracy to a girl he met at Uni, that "It's so divorced from reality nowadays".  Are you mad?  It has never been so normal.

It is laughable to think that from Tourism, royal warrants and other benefits, that the Royal family is not a net benefit to the country.  I might also point out that it is far from certain that the state would take ownership of the Crown estates if you decided to abolish the Monarchy.

You can not like, but talking shite doesn't help your cause.

Don't start bringing facts into the argument!

Get your point on celebrity and I'd agree. Not saying royalty is the only source of bad in society by any stretch. Rather it is one of many symptoms. 

Never been so normal does not equal close enough to normal, unfortunately.

It is commonly accepted that Charlotte is a nod to Charles as the female equivalent of Charles.

• Like 1

Flying in general.

I know how aircraft work (intimately), I know what the odds are of something going wrong (intimately), and I know that statistically it's by far the safest form of travel and I'm far more likely to cop it either in the taxi ride to the train station today or the high speed train to the airport later. 

So why, each and every time I fly, I get this fvcking massive fear knot in my stomach from about 24 hours before flight time that causes me grief and discomfort and results in me having to get plastered once we get to 35000 feet in order to make it go the hell away?  Ugh.

Guest MattP

Yep, no matter how many times I fly I have to hit the bottle seriously before I go up, even more so now after recent events.

Massive thumbs up to the rbs graduate team for just coming around to let me know that I got through to the assessment centre 2 months after I applied to it. Just happens to be in Edinburgh on the day of my exam and its the final assessment centre they are running. bloody excellent

fvcktards

Edited by Swarles Barkley