Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It's so fake it's unbelievable. Some of my flatmates watch it and think it's funny. Seriously. Put a camera in front of me and I'll act like a fvcking idiot. 

You don't need a Camera.

:P

• Like 1

People who send emails without thinking - got an email from a lecturer this morning about MSc grants for Cancer Drug Discovery; thought that with the job hunt going spectacularly poorly (40+ applications so far, 2 responses, both no) I'd look into that - eligibility: have to have been doing a three year undergrad degree starting September 2012, paying the £9k fees. So, why email it to the fourth year students; the ones who started in 2011 and pay the £3k fees?

Leicester station this afternoon, that gypo family on the southbound platform, mum screaming on the phone, kids running everywhere, so much that a train slammed on the brakes and blew his horn they were so close to the platform edge. Station staff ended up kicking them off the station

Wait what are they doing?

Facebook introduced a mark as safe feature in response to the Nepal earthquake, for those out there to inform their families they weren't killed. Presumably some helmets who've never been to Nepal are doing it as well.

That's not really what the article says though is it?

The male teacher told a girl that her dress was too short and then her retort made him feel uncomfortable through any false allegation that may arise from it therefore he told his supervisor (head teacher) about the incident so as to be transparent and prevent anything coming back on him from what she said.

Edited by DB11

People who write blogs.

I agree in terms of the idiots who think they're a journalist or prize winning novelist because they can post a few paragraphs on the latest shopping trends, but there are plenty of positives out there too. E.g. those who use it as therapy or actually have something interesting to say, usually buried under the other t***ts however.

People who use terms like 'worse than the Nazis' when clearly the situation isn't even remotely comparable. I get that it's used for dramatic effect, but I can't help but think that comparing your suffering for having quite a bit of work to do in a short space of time to the suffering of the holocaust is a little too far.

Edited by David Guiza

People who can't correctly use an apostrophe.

:thumbup: You wouldn't think i'm university educated and have an English literature at a-level.

Also, the events on Facebook that come up 'Person X is interested in attending'. Are these actual events, market research, none of the above? Half the things that come up always look too good to be true to your every day pessimist. 

On  the flip side re blogs if there were none you would only see viewpoints from a professional  journalist's POV who is being paid and most likely having  to follow a guideline set down for the publication they are writing for. Even with blogs the same laws regarding copyright and libel apply.You cannot just copy and paste a story and claim it as your own.

Multiple threads about the same person/thing in the LCFC forum. 

There's three Cambiasso threads. Three Pearson threads. 

And a WBA v Chelsea thread which could go in the Premier League 14/15 thread.

Two threads about 'atmosphere'.

May be a bit OCD-esque but it's such a clusterfuck in there lol. And that's just the first page!

• Like 1

Loo rolls. More precisely, new loo rolls where the end is so well stuck down that you have to try and chisel your way through several layers to actually be able to start the roll. Invariably with the posh quilted ones this results in tiny, tatty bits of loo roll scattered all over the floor. :angry: 

• Like 1