Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Loo rolls. More precisely, new loo rolls where the end is so well stuck down that you have to try and chisel your way through several layers to actually be able to start the roll. Invariably with the posh quilted ones this results in tiny, tatty bits of loo roll scattered all over the floor. :angry:

Flatmates never buying the ruddy stuff grinds me hard.  I've had to start rationing it out too since whenever I give up shitting at work in the hope they'll realise how important the stuff is and buy some, get a new pack myself, and leave it in the loo, the first 3 rolls vanish over a couple of days then the last one gets stretched out for a week.  I'm the only man using this toilet, apparently women don't mind having a smeared bumhole.

Also: When people at the shops don't put a barrier down on the conveyor belt for you to start loading your things.   I just put my shit down after theirs, put a barrier at the end of my shopping, and see if they're offering to pay for my shopping or if they're just a lazy selfish cvnt.  

On the subject of shopping queues:  When an older person fumbles around with their bank card at the machine then tells the cashier they don't know how to use it. IF YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND BANK CARDS JUST FVCK OFF OUT THE SHOPS, GET YOURSELF A CARER, AND STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME.

I hate being in queues.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Seeing as i'm looking for a job right now.....employment recruiters who know fook all about IT yet proceed to call you for say a hardcore web developer role when your resume clearly shows you aren't a web developer.

Im sure this scenario applies to all professions.

So are you quitting your job after winning millions or selling your body in order to pay off your debts?

Ha ha a massive profit of $110.

Would have been a bit more but I had a mad 5 minutes and blew $50 on covering nearly all the table except 3 numbers. Surprise surprise one of the numbers I didn't cover came in.

Being ignored (quite possible lol) and/or people not replying to texts and or answering phone calls.

Either way both grind my gears.

(All the texts I have sent are only 'delivered' as opposed to 'read' some are not even 'delivered' which suggests there phones aren't even on)

Edited by Matt

Wvnkers that use their phone while driving.

I swear I'm going to invent a device that jams all signals as soon as you enter a car unless it's in a hands free kit.

I have a 10 minute walk home from work and today there was at least 5 dickheads on their phones.....grrrr.

:thumbup: You wouldn't think i'm university educated and have an English literature at a-level.

Also, the events on Facebook that come up 'Person X is interested in attending'. Are these actual events, market research, none of the above? Half the things that come up always look too good to be true to your every day pessimist.

Yeah the open air cinema and skip 'n' slide across the city to name but a few. I'm skeptical over these "events" also. Surely they aren't legit going to happen so how are my whole friends list "attending"

I had to deal with a complaint about a colleague yesterday.

The woman said that my colleague's e-mail was defamation of character (it wasn't), was "horrific" and had caused panic attacks and sleepless nights (ie she was angling for compo).

It was a harmless, polite, businesslike e-mail which actually, might have solved sleepless nights, rather than causing them.

It grinds my gears a tad that I can't suggest to people like this that they get a dictionary and a sense of proportion.

The Barclay's ads. first it was the annoying kids telling us how to apply for a job, now it's the annoying pensioners telling us how to buy things online. Fvck off you patronising tw@ts.

• Like 4

The Barclay's ads. first it was the annoying kids telling us how to apply for a job, now it's the annoying pensioners telling us how to buy things online. Fvck off you patronising tw@ts.

Agreed.

I've said it before (Not in this thread I don't think, I think it was in the adverts thread) the Alan Shearer advert, that's a Barclays advert aswell isn't it? Fook off!

Seeing as i'm looking for a job right now.....employment recruiters who know fook all about IT yet proceed to call you for say a hardcore web developer role when your resume clearly shows you aren't a web developer.

Im sure this scenario applies to all professions.

Oh yes. I enjoy and hate the roles wanting new graduates but demanding industry experience.

I have 12+ years experience and just expect recruiters to have a bit more common sense. I appreciate the call (dont get me wrong) but then they give the old "oh so what are you looking for so i can keep an eye out". I've never had them call me back after that. It's almost as if they feel the need to ask it to smooth talk their way off the phone.

"if you put something in your basket and just leave it, you might get a discount."

Or alternatively it goes out of stock.

Iphone has been charging ridiculously slow recently.

Mine drains so quickly, but so inconsistantly, for example last week I took it off charge about 5.30am before I went to work, looked at it about 8.30am at work and it was down to like 50%, i'd hardly used it during those 3 hours and didn't have any apps working in the background. Yet other times it can be on 85 - 90% after a whole day - admitedly not using it at all, but like I said I hadn't used it the other day when it drained half of the battery in 3 hours.

Mine drains so quickly, but so inconsistantly, for example last week I took it off charge about 5.30am before I went to work, looked at it about 8.30am at work and it was down to like 50%, i'd hardly used it during those 3 hours and didn't have any apps working in the background. Yet other times it can be on 85 - 90% after a whole day - admitedly not using it at all, but like I said I hadn't used it the other day when it drained half of the battery in 3 hours.

It used to take me about 7 or 8 mins to charge up by about 30% or so. I've charged it 17% in almost the entire first half of the match, can't use it while i charge it anymore either which didn't seem to make a difference before.