Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People with no empathy or at least a little understanding for people with mental health problems. They are usually narcissistic themself or self centred and which could be a personality disorder in itself  :ermm: 

They definitely voted Conservative or UKIP in the last election, 

I am sure  there are some compassionate UKIP and Tory voters out there. I have just been reading some posts on a Facebook page.DPAC  The opener was from a 20 year old girl who has had mental health issues for a few years. She had  ambitions to become a lawyer and a MP so she could try  and help others. She says some days she feels guilty  about claimingfor her condition as she has paid little NI and taxes and with reading a lot in the media about benefitcheats scroungers etc The majority of the replies were from people in a similar position. They too have had abuse off people who did not understand the illness.

This is a link to the girls blog.  http://bellaanastasia.blog.com/2015/06/01/this-past-year/  If it was not for these individuals and  groups speaking out there would be no public awareness about what some people are going through.

Edited by Rincewind

I am sure  there are some compassionate UKIP and Tory voters out there. I have just been reading some posts on a Facebook page.DPAC  The opener was from a 20 year old girl who has had mental health issues for a few years. She had  ambitions to become a lawyer and a MP so she could try  and help others. She says some days she feels guilty  about claimingfor her condition as she has paid little NI and taxes and with reading a lot in the media about benefitcheats scroungers etc The majority of the replies were from people in a similar position. They too have had abuse off people who did not understand the illness.

This is a link to the girls blog.  http://bellaanastasia.blog.com/2015/06/01/this-past-year/  If it was not for these individuals and  groups speaking out there would be no public awareness about what some people are going through.

I'm sure she'll get a job writing for The Guardian in no time!

Guest MattP

I'm sure she'll get a job writing for The Guardian in no time!

I'm amazed they haven't contacted her already, she could be the new Melissa Monroe AKA 'A boy named Jack'.

People who say 'it's easy to get a job'.

It isn't; even if you go to agencies directly (which is most strongly advised), they say 'I'll forward your CV to certain local companies based on your experience' and never reply back.

• Like 1

I'm amazed they haven't contacted her already, she could be the new Melissa Monroe AKA 'A boy named Jack'.

If they see that, they must be thinking she's too good to be true! Hahaha oh god, how could I have forgotten about Jack lol

Guest MattP

The strange Orwellian idolisation we now seem to be expected to have of Transgendered people.

A guy called Bruce Jenner who I had never heard of has become a woman and you can't even get away from it, even in the broadsheets, apparantly 'she' got a million Twitter followers in a new record that was quicker than Obama.

Many people have already been abused and occured the wrath of the Twitterati for daring to question or even worse ridicule the airbrushed picture on the front of Vanity Fair of this 65 year old person making her public debut as a woman to the World. Some other US actor had the audacity to dare and say "I'm still calling you Bruce" and he has been lambasted by all, sure he'll be having his collar felt soon.

I see absolutely nothing that's progressive about all this.

Did you read all of it Matt?  How is giving her job going to help all the others that have suffered or are suffering mental illness?

Again you are mocking  it without fully understanding it. She is not brain dead. She was going through law school when the illness hit her. She has said that she  is lucky  to be fighting her way to recovery with the help of family and friends,something many do not have. I think she is a very brave person and I am sure a very  decent  person to meet and have as a friend. She certainly  could put some of the posters on here in their place. Mental illness in whatever form is not something to be flippant about or make fun of.

• Like 1

The strange Orwellian idolisation we now seem to be expected to have of Transgendered people.

A guy called Bruce Jenner who I had never heard of has become a woman and you can't even get away from it, even in the broadsheets, apparantly 'she' got a million Twitter followers in a new record that was quicker than Obama.

Many people have already been abused and occured the wrath of the Twitterati for daring to question or even worse ridicule the airbrushed picture on the front of Vanity Fair of this 65 year old person making her public debut as a woman to the World. Some other US actor had the audacity to dare and say "I'm still calling you Bruce" and he has been lambasted by all, sure he'll be having his collar felt soon.

I see absolutely nothing that's progressive about all this.

Yes, how dare someone choose to dress differently and be happy.
  • Like 2

Guest MattP

Did you read all of it Matt?  How is giving her job going to help all the others that have suffered or are suffering mental illness?

Again you are mocking  it without fully understanding it. She is not brain dead. She was going through law school when the illness hit her. She has said that she  is lucky  to be fighting her way to recovery with the help of family and friends,something many do not have. I think she is a very brave person and I am sure a very  decent  person to meet and have as a friend. She certainly  could put some of the posters on here in their place. Mental illness in whatever form is not something to be flippant about or make fun of.

I had a quick gander Ken, I didn't intend to read it in any depth as soon as I saw 'Green Party Member' immediately underneath the name as I've read hundreds of these posted over the years now. Although this one was some effort, I don't think I've ever read someone who has managed to pick virtually every single problem a human being can have.

She's clearly had a a rough time but what can you really do with someone who says she finds a trip to the job centre 'horrific'? How and why are we are now producing so many folk who seem to have total mental collapses at the most basic things I have no idea, it's something that is becoming very strange and something we do need to try and sort out though. In her own words a tiny bit of bad news can send her into a panic attack, I don't agree with it but maybe we do need some national service to be brought back to stiffen us up, it's getting beyond a joke just how weak and feeble some of the nation are becoming, they aren't going to be able to get through the realities of life and the number of these people seem to be vastly on the increase.

I see also a drop in temperature can send her into a panic attack, again, going to be tough to sort that out as it's generally something that happens that people will have to deal with at many stages through the day.

I scanned the bottom when she went into politics as it went into the usual bollocks about Tories killing people, trying to socially cleanse the country, rich robbing poor etc - You could tell she was lying as well in parts, one point she's telling us she can't leave the house yet in the next paragraph she is managing to hear numerous people saying why they voted Conservative in the street.

It's baffling someone who was heading for a law degree and was a straight 'A' student now can't fill out a basic form. Unfortunately I don't see any hope for this girl whatsoever, she's clearly not fit for modern life and mentally incapable of getting through it. If everything she says is true I think she's in big trouble. I presume someone else wrote the blog for her.

Guest MattP

Yes, how dare someone choose to dress differently and be happy.

Totally missed the point.

I'm a libertarian, people can do whatever they want, but don't expect the public to be brainwashed though through liberal bigotry, you can't force people to believe that Jesus was the Son of God, the Pope is a chosen one, 2+2 = 5 or that people who were born men and have been for 64 years are now magically women.

Totally missed the point.

I'm a libertarian, people can do whatever they want, but don't expect the public to be brainwashed though through liberal bigotry, you can't force people to believe that Jesus was the Son of God, the Pope is a chosen one, 2+2 = 5 or that people who were born men and have been for 64 years are now magically women.

No one is brainwashing you though.

Guest MattP

There is an attempt to completely brainwash sections of society through a combination of imposing a new liberal tyranny and a derision of anyone who posseses a view a different to what a fifth column see as 'progressive'.

Edited by MattP

So people can do what they want as long as you approve? So, people can't do what they want?

Surely whether a person identifies as male or female is completely up to them? That's drastically different to trying to make everyone believe in God or erroneous maths.

Edited by Finnegan

I think it's more the case that Bruce is on a pedestal now. Acceptance is great, but building him up to be some kind of superhero is a bit far. Even Kelly Maloney doesn't entirely agree with it.

So people can do what they want as long as you approve? So, people can't do what they want?

Surely whether a person identifies as male or female is completely up to them? That's drastically different to trying to make everyone believe in God or erroneous maths.

Of course it's up to them, and fair play if they want to make the change. It's the way it's been made in to some kind of headline news. Even you must agree it's unnecessary?

• Like 2

I had a quick gander Ken, I didn't intend to read it in any depth as soon as I saw 'Green Party Member' immediately underneath the name as I've read hundreds of these posted over the years now. Although this one was some effort, I don't think I've ever read someone who has managed to pick virtually every single problem a human being can have.

She's clearly had a a rough time but what can you really do with someone who says she finds a trip to the job centre 'horrific'? How and why are we are now producing so many folk who seem to have total mental collapses at the most basic things I have no idea, it's something that is becoming very strange and something we do need to try and sort out though. In her own words a tiny bit of bad news can send her into a panic attack, I don't agree with it but maybe we do need some national service to be brought back to stiffen us up, it's getting beyond a joke just how weak and feeble some of the nation are becoming, they aren't going to be able to get through the realities of life and the number of these people seem to be vastly on the increase.

I see also a drop in temperature can send her into a panic attack, again, going to be tough to sort that out as it's generally something that happens that people will have to deal with at many stages through the day.

I scanned the bottom when she went into politics as it went into the usual bollocks about Tories killing people, trying to socially cleanse the country, rich robbing poor etc - You could tell she was lying as well in parts, one point she's telling us she can't leave the house yet in the next paragraph she is managing to hear numerous people saying why they voted Conservative in the street.

It's baffling someone who was heading for a law degree and was a straight 'A' student now can't fill out a basic form. Unfortunately I don't see any hope for this girl whatsoever, she's clearly not fit for modern life and mentally incapable of getting through it. If everything she says is true I think she's in big trouble. I presume someone else wrote the blog for her.

Some quite offensive things there.

• Like 2

Guest MattP

Do you think we should just move towards being a society now that just chooses these things then? Genuine question that, not trying to cause an argument, I personally think there is a lot more to your gender than just you deciding it.

Would you take me seriously tomorrow if I said I'm now a woman? Would you let me use the women's toilets? Play for the England womens team? Get changed with your Mum and Mrs at the local swimming baths?

Some quite offensive things there.

Yes there will be, I actually found a lot of the accusations in the original post about the Tories pretty offensive as well, even more so considering they were lies.

Edited by MattP

Of course it's up to them, and fair play if they want to make the change. It's the way it's been made in to some kind of headline news. Even you must agree it's unnecessary?

Most headlines are unnecessary. It isn't a big deal to me. Seems like it's riled a few social conservatives/bigots.

Guest MattP

Most headlines are unnecessary. It isn't a big deal to me. Seems like it's riled a few social conservatives/bigots.

You missed Nazi mate, come on, we're all Nazi's remember.

I read it.  Horrible story - she clearly should have been hospitalised.

If you agree with her/his decision then why are you bothered that it's on tv? If any major celebrity does anything then it makes the tv, people care because a major celebrity and star of a popular tv show.