Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

This whole "you look beautiful however you are" claims by that Tess Munster. She has young women all over the world thinking it's okay to be severely overweight as long as they are comfortable with it? Yes you should be comfortable with your image but not at the expense of your health, the risk of type 2 diabetes, huge amounts of stress on your limbs and vital organs. It's stupid. The same goes for severely underweight models too.

If you agree with her/his decision then why are you bothered that it's on tv? If any major celebrity does anything then it makes the tv, people care because a major celebrity and star of a popular tv show.

Because it really isn't news is it? Some idiot from a reality tv show decides hes a chick now? Naaaaah that's not news to me, that's why it's annoying. There's so much more real and serious stuff going on, then that shite gets shoved down our necks. Keep it in the celeb column by all means, but it's not really anything that anyone with half a brain wants to see.

Guest MattP

Because it really isn't news is it? Some idiot from a reality tv show decides hes a chick now? Naaaaah that's not news to me, that's why it's annoying. There's so much more real and serious stuff going on, then that shite gets shoved down our necks. Keep it in the celeb column by all means, but it's not really anything that anyone with half a brain wants to see.

It's pushed to the mainstream news by those sort of people who defend it because they absolute love to show us all how tolerant, liberal and progressve they are whilst demonstrating how socially moral they stand above everyone else.

You saw a perfect example of it from ADK, any excuse to try and draw out someone who disagrees with it so they can be leered and jeered at as a homophobe/bigot whatever, I think that's what these stories are there for, to satisfy that small section of society that struggles to get through a day without referring to someone as an 'ist' or a 'phobe'.

So you don't want any celebrities at all on the news then? Or just trans-gender ones.

The way people refer to news being "shoved down their necks" or similarly in another thread "homosexuality being rammed down our throats" as if to suggest they can't get through life by simply ignoring or rising above particular topics they claim not to be interested in.

• Like 2

So you don't want any celebrities at all on the news then? Or just trans-gender ones.

To be honest, I think news should be news, for world events, things that matter etc. Sport has it's own section, and if you want celebrity news, it too, should have it's own section, so people can turn off or over and not have to play Russian roulette, picking up a paper or switching the news on and wondering when im going to see Kim kardashians latest selfie, or some celebrity on a beach that's put on 2 llbs.

Don't try and make this to be more than it is, suggesting I'm only against it because it's trans-gender, it's pathetic and makes you look silly.

Guest MattP

To be honest, I think news should be news, for world events, things that matter etc. Sport has it's own section, and if you want celebrity news, it too, should have it's own section, so people can turn off or over and not have to play Russian roulette, picking up a paper or switching the news on and wondering when im going to see Kim kardashians latest selfie, or some celebrity on a beach that's put on 2 llbs.

Don't try and make this to be more than it is, suggesting I'm only against it because it's trans-gender, it's pathetic and makes you look silly.

What a cracking invention an 'anti celeb' blocker could be that works similar to adblocker on your PC - I'd pay for that.

If there was no celeb news people would have to put up with journalists going out of their offices and search for alternative news. Even then some of the public would not like it because not all of it would be 'good' news.Newspapers  service a need, that is feed the mind of Joe public with sensationalism and mundane news.

Edited by Rincewind

Transphobia is just as disgusting as homophobia or racism. It's absolutely right that the prejudice and discrimination faced by transgender and gender-neutral people should be exposed.

One day we might have a world where there's no easy targets left. That will be a bad day for the narrow minded bullies.

Transphobia is just as disgusting as homophobia or racism. It's absolutely right that the prejudice and discrimination faced by transgender and gender-neutral people should be exposed.

One day we might have a world where there's no easy targets left. That will be a bad day for the narrow minded bullies.

One can most certainly not be transphobic and still despair at they over the top hype around the Bruce / Caitlyn Jenner malarkey.

• Like 1

Do you think we should just move towards being a society now that just chooses these things then? Genuine question that, not trying to cause an argument, I personally think there is a lot more to your gender than just you deciding it.

Would you take me seriously tomorrow if I said I'm now a woman? Would you let me use the women's toilets? Play for the England womens team? Get changed with your Mum and Mrs at the local swimming baths?

Yes there will be, I actually found a lot of the accusations in the original post about the Tories pretty offensive as well, even more so considering they were lies.

You're getting gender and sex confused, either deliberately or because you're just not that interested in the issue which is completely fair enough, you've no reason to be.

If you're born and go through puberty as a male, testosterone and all, then, no, you shouldn't be eligible to compete in a women's sports team. Your sex can never and will never be, strictly, female.

Gender is an abstract concept and is entirely how a person identifies, however. It's impossible for someone to dictate another person's gender and if you seriously believed you were a woman then that is your business. I don't think it should be "news" but I think a person's private life should almost never be news (having an abusive orgy as a representative of a major sports club and distributing it to your pals for lulz is a fair exception) so that's not saying much.

Public changing rooms and toilets are a somewhat more complex issue purely because there's so much cultural variety even within the bounds of heterosexual "normalcy."

There are parts of the world where unisex toilets are more common and nudity is much less taboo.

There are gay men and lesbian women in changing rooms with their heterosexual counterparts, there are adults changing around children they don't know.

Where do start and or stop worrying?

I'd much rather get changed with a harmless transsexual than a violent heterosexual.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

You're getting gender and sex confused, either deliberately or because you're just not that interested in the issue which is completely fair enough, you've no reason to be.

If you're born and go through puberty as a male, testosterone and all, then, no, you shouldn't be eligible to compete in a women's sports team. Your sex can never and will never be, strictly, female.

Gender is an abstract concept and is entirely how a person identifies, however. It's impossible for someone to dictate another person's gender and if you seriously believed you were a woman then that is your business. I don't think it should be "news" but I think a person's private life should almost never be news (having an abusive orgy as a representative of a major sports club and distributing it to your pals for lulz is a fair exception) so that's not saying much.

Public changing rooms and toilets are a somewhat more complex issue purely because there's so much cultural variety even within the bounds of heterosexual "normalcy."

There are parts of the world where unisex toilets are more common and nudity is much less taboo.

There are gay men and lesbian women in changing rooms with their heterosexual counterparts, there are adults changing around children they don't know.

Where do start and or stop worrying?

I'd much rather get changed with a harmless transsexual than a violent heterosexual.

Where the hell did this violent heterosexual come from?  RUN!

Can't help but feel that all this moaning about the news about Bruce Jenner being all over the place is a case of people wanting the papers and TV to only talk about and show what they are interested in, and nothing else. I've seen the news about him/her, and have a vague knowledge of who it is, and I don't care, so I'm not reading anything about it, and not paying attention if I see anything on TV, why can't everyone else do the same, and let those who enjoy it lap it up. You can be assured that if this was a high profile (because Jenner is high profile, maybe in an area of life you have no interest, but still high profile) ex footballer or manager, or a member of the cast of a hugely popular TV show we'd all enjoyed like Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos etc then certain people on here would be talking about it, and interested in the story. Probably still disgusted, but certainly interested.I don't remember anything like this amount of complaining when the promoter of the manly sport of boxing, Frank Malone, was all over the evening news talking about becoming Kellie. It's the same attitude of people who constantly moan whenever there's something other than their favourite show on at prime time, like TV is broadcast just for them. 

If it doesn't interested and you don't care, great it doesn't interest you and you don't care, why do you feel the need to tell the world. You're like bloody Forest fans.

• Like 1

Been at St cross hospital in Rugby. Loaded my van back up with equipment in the car park. Safely and quickly so I didn't affect other road users.

Some fella just pulling into the car park winds down his window, calls me an inconsiderate cvnt and how I am being rude to other road users for doing so. I affected nobody. I did nothing wrong and told him this. He threatened to report me to my boss (my van is sign written)

Annoys me massively that this bloke stormed in, made a mountain out of a molehill and threatens to get me in trouble.

Aaaaaggghhhh

Some quite offensive things there.

I have no answer if a decision about a person is instantly made based on the fact that she is a Green Party member. The question I would ask is why does she support the Greens rather than the Tory's or even Labour or LibDem.

So because she is not a Tory she made everything up about her qualifications and  got someone else to write the blog. Who? Katie Hopkins perhaps or David Cameron's speech writer? After all nobody on the left of right in the political spectrum is capable of being an intellegent human being. But the problem is we would not have articles like this as any would be coming from the right wing POV.

Edited by Rincewind
  • Like 1

People who think Leon Knight is funny and such a LAD. How can people find him remotely funny I don't know, he's a vile human being.

Annoying gimp with small man syndrome. And an utter reject of a football player.

I have the uncanny ability to very often soil my shirts upon trying to open any sort of packed salad sauce/yoghurt/soup.

There's something about those lids that is just plain wrong food packaging engineering.

Same here, I always end up with yoghurt on my shirt cuff.

Also, I've ruined three shirts in two weeks by walking into the spare room and catching the rear of the shirts on the door handle. It went straight through the back and ripped holes. Never done it before to shirts and then did three in two weeks!

They are not only that, they are part of a Satanic social engineering posse. Powerful people belonging to a Baphomet worshipping network whose motto is Solve et Coagula, which means to change something from it's natural form into something else. They're doing it with food and humans. So I've heard.

Prepare for the LGBT Baphomet World Order! They're steady dismantling the nation state, wrestling control of whole continents and eventually the one small group will control everything and crush normalcy. It's such a shame to see happening but we crack on.

• Like 3

They are not only that, they are part of a Satanic social engineering posse. Powerful people belonging to a Baphomet worshipping network whose motto is Solve et Coagula, which means to change something from it's natural form into something else. They're doing it with food and humans. So I've heard.

Prepare for the LGBT Baphomet World Order! They're steady dismantling the nation state, wrestling control of whole continents and eventually the one small group will control everything and crush normalcy. It's such a shame to see happening but we crack on.

Serious question - are you constantly on acid?

• Like 2