Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Air conditioning. Can't live with it, can't live without it.

Worst is on aeroplanes.

Especially when passengers all around are using it; it really gets to my eyes.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Guest MattP

Slightly related but again the anti-government stuff people believe just because it's shared on Facebook and Twitter with accompanied with a picture.

MP's have apparantly 'given themselves a pay rise' today - they actually haven't, but why let facts get in the way of anything.

Slightly related but again the anti-government stuff people believe just because it's shared on Facebook and Twitter with accompanied with a picture.

MP's have apparantly 'given themselves a pay rise' today - they actually haven't, but why let facts get in the way of anything.

The wonderful thing about the Internet is it means that everyone can engage in yellow journalism now, not just established media outlets. Equality!  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Guest MattP

The wonderful thing about the Internet is it means that everyone can engage in yellow journalism now, not just established media outlets. Equality!  :ph34r:

It's that's same retarded picture that shows PMQ's from about thre years ago pretending to show them debating a pay rise and apparantly today they voted on it.

If people do start to take their 'news' from things like Facebook, Twitter and the 'alternative media' in the future then we're all more fcuked than even I thought, how naive have you got to be to believe something just because it's been shared on the internet by a page that was set up as 'I love Kate Middleton and her sister's arse'.

It's fcuking ridiculous.

It's that's same retarded picture that shows PMQ's from about thre years ago pretending to show them debating a pay rise and apparantly today they voted on it.

If people do start to take their 'news' from things like Facebook, Twitter and the 'alternative media' in the future then we're all more fcuked than even I thought, how naive have you got to be to believe something just because it's been shared on the internet by a page that was set up as 'I love Kate Middleton and her sister's arse'.

It's fcuking ridiculous.

You'll get no argument from me on that. News reporting as a whole - whether established outlets or the Joe Sixpack blogger writing about the world in his mothers basement - is fundamentally flawed for me and has been since telling people what they want to hear became more profitable than telling people what is actually happening. William Randolph Hearst has a lot to answer for. 

The only way to get anything like an accurate perspective is to look at a half dozen different reports of the same thing and come to your own consensus.

I actually tend to see "rant over" as admitting you are passionate about something and therefore likely being hyperbolic and slightly dogmatic about the subject matter, rather than trying to convey any sense of heightened importance. It's asking the reader to make an allowance for the fact you are emotionally involved with the subject.

I'm with you on that. I think people use it when they've gone off on one about something and it's a kind of "Well that's of my chest, we can go back to the lighthearted chat now. Sorry." comment.

Kind of feel it wouldn't have been brought up and made an issue of had Ken not used it, but he's an easy target for ridicule.

Ugly-looking women 

'sellfies' 

women who post 'sellfies' who think they're all that.

Ugly-looking women who post 'sellfies' who think they're all that.

all of the above

I'm with you on that. I think people use it when they've gone off on one about something and it's a kind of "Well that's of my chest, we can go back to the lighthearted chat now. Sorry." comment.

Kind of feel it wouldn't have been brought up and made an issue of had Ken not used it, but he's an easy target for ridicule.

I think I should have  put that is off my chest but someone would have found something wrong with that.

Has noone had an argument then afterwards though glad thats over its cleared the air.

Id imagine he means....

1. Ya its nice but does it ever make my feet unbearably freezing cold.

2. Thank god my balls are cool otherwise i'd be sweating all over the place and suffering from a serious case of swass.

Something like that?????

At least thats how i see it for myself lol

Edited by Jattdogg

I don't respond with swearing or abuse.

Americans with a loud nasal voice.

Especially when everyone else is talking in an 'inside' voice and they insist on shouting.

Its people on mobile phones that get me. Why do they have to make passer bys suffer their failed attempts to impress some girl on Tinder. Keep your private life private.