Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Bit late to Bruce Jenner debate, I can see why people dislike the sensationalism of the whole thing but I think it is the first time that it happened on a high profile scale therefore there is loads of attention for it so I guess I can tolerate it and admire Bruce for bringing more awareness to transgender in the general. 

Bit late to Bruce Jenner debate, I can see why people dislike the sensationalism of the whole thing but I think it is the first time that it happened on a high profile scale therefore there is loads of attention for it so I guess I can tolerate it and admire Bruce for bringing more awareness to transgender in the general.

Family Guy called it 6 years ago anyway! lol

http://youtu.be/4BE18ac3zY4

Cant stand kardashian jenner trash shows. Why are people so obsessed with these tossers?

Nothing against bruce for doing what he did. Thats his business per say but i just dont get why any of what he does/says or his family for that matter makes it to television. Sigh. I know maybe this should be in the rant thread

Bruce Jenner, The Kardashians. I've never watched any programmes with them in. I see them mentioned when I scan The Mail online but I never click on the stories. It's all quite easy to ignore if it bothers you.

I was busy earlier and knew I was going to miss the England game.

I recorded it, got myself a few beers in and stayed away from the internet.

Started watching this afternoon and Mrs Vac pipes up, with her phone in hand "I've just seen a tweet..."

I interject: "Don't tell me about the game."

Her: "Oh, it's ok, I'm not giving anything away..."

Me "OK then."

Her: "It was just that Irvine Welsh retweeted this guy who said it was the most boring game he has ever seen."

Me: "How the living FVCK has that got nothing to do with the outcome? There's no point watching it now. Brilliant. Well done."

Her: [hurt] "I didn't tell you the score. I thought I would warn you, though."

Gears well and truly ground.

Still grinding, actually...

I was busy earlier and knew I was going to miss the England game.

I recorded it, got myself a few beers in and stayed away from the internet.

Started watching this afternoon and Mrs Vac pipes up, with her phone in hand "I've just seen a tweet..."

I interject: "Don't tell me about the game."

Her: "Oh, it's ok, I'm not giving anything away..."

Me "OK then."

Her: "It was just that Irvine Welsh retweeted this guy who said it was the most boring game he has ever seen."

Me: "How the living FVCK has that got nothing to do with the outcome? There's no point watching it now. Brilliant. Well done."

Her: [hurt] "I didn't tell you the score. I thought I would warn you, though."

Gears well and truly ground.

Still grinding, actually...

Believe me, your missus has done you a favour.

Bruce Jenner, The Kardashians. I've never watched any programmes with them in. I see them mentioned when I scan The Mail online but I never click on the stories. It's all quite easy to ignore if it bothers you.

Basically Bruce Jenner has had a sex change and is now Caitlyn Jenner

Bad manners grinds my gears.

The amount of skinny jeans in shops.  There were no slim jeans in River Island and New Look at all and limited range in most of other shops. Surely not all of us can squeeze in skinny jeans or are mad enough to tolerate wearing them for a day so slim jeans should be much more popular! 

This is a pretty scandalous comment.

I only know a couple of soldiers but I can promise you they aren't just nutters who want to travel the World killing people, people join the army for various reasons, some do it out of a sense of duty, some do it because it's a good career move, some do it to genuinely help people, some do it because they come from military families, they are masses of reasons why people do it.

Aid organisations do a great job but a lot of the people that desperately need help are inside the war zones where they often can't reach. Never judge the actions of the many on the actions of a few.

As Parafox said, do you really believe most of the people signed up to the army knew we were going into Afghanistan or Iraq? I'm sure a many of the forces didn't want to go to these places, I'd imagine it's not much fun actually being shot at and having to deal with your friends dying or leaving your wife and children for months on end, army personel have to do what they are told, if they didn't any armed forces would collapse anyway.

All of them will have signed up knowing they might have to kill people though. Some might have enjoyed that proposition, some less so, but they all know what being in the army entails. I doubt I'd ever have any time for anyone who signed up for that even if it was a good career move or because they thought it was their duty.

All of them will have signed up knowing they might have to kill people though. Some might have enjoyed that proposition, some less so, but they all know what being in the army entails. I doubt I'd ever have any time for anyone who signed up for that even if it was a good career move or because they thought it was their duty.

Do you think every soldier kills people? There are only a select few units that actually do.

Guest MattP

Depends what part of the army you sign up for doesn't it? You don't walk in and say I wanna sign up to kill people which part do I join? You are assessed and then allocated.

Do you have no time for the people who signed up in the 40's to fight the Nazi's because they might have to kill someone?

Do you think every soldier kills people? There are only a select few units that actually do.

Well I'm talking specifically about people that sign up for jobs that may involve them killing people.

Guest MattP

Well I'm talking specifically about people that sign up for jobs that may involve them killing people.

Armed guards? Surgeons?

Do you have no time for the people who signed up in the 40's to fight the Nazi's because they might have to kill someone?

I feel very sympathetic towards those who signed up under age and those who had much greater pressures on them to join the army than anyone in this day and age. I have a lot of respect for those who refused to kill people just like them despite the potentially grave personal consequences, and for those who signed up with a very specific reason for a very specific war against vicious regimes. I wouldn't for people who joined up out of a desire to kill. Joining the army today is a considerably different proposition to joining it in the 1940s in the middle of the Second World War, we have the experience of and education about the bloodiest war in the history of mankind and we thankfully live in an age where there are not multiple major powers run by vicious dictators championing cruel ideologies. The two situations aren't exactly comparable.

I feel very sympathetic towards those who signed up under age and those who had much greater pressures on them to join the army than anyone in this day and age. I have a lot of respect for those who refused to kill people just like them despite the potentially grave personal consequences, and for those who signed up with a very specific reason for a very specific war against vicious regimes. I wouldn't for people who joined up out of a desire to kill. Joining the army today is a considerably different proposition to joining it in the 1940s in the middle of the Second World War, we have the experience of and education about the bloodiest war in the history of mankind and we thankfully live in an age where there are not multiple major powers run by vicious dictators championing cruel ideologies. The two situations aren't exactly comparable.

As Andy Mcnabb stated, "for anyone to sign up to the forces just to kill people is not right in the head".