Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

As Andy Mcnabb stated, "for anyone to sign up to the forces just to kill people is not right in the head".

I was  just going to post something similar. I'm not really pro army but  are people who sign up just to kill really wanted?

By that if you have a gun crazy sort  next to you who fires rounds off indiscrimately it could put others at risk.

Same as if hanging was brought back they could not hire someone that got pleasure out of putting  a rope around somebodys neck.  They would be doing it for the wrong reason.

I do not know the numbers but I would say  quite a few young lads join because of problems at home or originate from care homes. They join solely to escape that life. I know that there are many who leave the army cannot cope with civvy life.

I expect when you join you sign up  for a specific job which  does not always involve being on a battlefield. I expect they still put you through the training though.

When you try to save a bit of money doing some DIY instead of getting a professional knowing you'll probably do it 3 times as bad whilst taking 3 times as long doing it.

And probably end up spending nearly as much trying to put all your mistakes right! lol

This is a pretty scandalous comment.

I only know a couple of soldiers but I can promise you they aren't just nutters who want to travel the World killing people, people join the army for various reasons, some do it out of a sense of duty, some do it because it's a good career move, some do it to genuinely help people, some do it because they come from military families, they are masses of reasons why people do it.

Aid organisations do a great job but a lot of the people that desperately need help are inside the war zones where they often can't reach. Never judge the actions of the many on the actions of a few.

As Parafox said, do you really believe most of the people signed up to the army knew we were going into Afghanistan or Iraq? I'm sure a many of the forces didn't want to go to these places, I'd imagine it's not much fun actually being shot at and having to deal with your friends dying or leaving your wife and children for months on end, army personel have to do what they are told, if they didn't any armed forces would collapse anyway.

I said travel the world with guns, not killing people. I also said quite clearly I wouldn't generalise the entire armed forces as murderers, so behave yourself.

As I've stated elsewhere in the thread, I've a couple of good friends who are squaddies and know another who's an army engineer, my cousin was in artillery (before leaving for social services) and like everyone else my grandfather was a WW2 vet, I've got his medals at home.

I don't have a prejudice against the armed forces I just don't believe in idolizing them either. They do what they do willingly and because they want to do it.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

The fact the wife can't shut a door or cupboard and any type of electronics seems to be formed of magic.

The fact the wife's idea of cooking is taking a box out of the freezer and shoving it in the oven for an 40 mins. But when you cook something from scratch and have spent 2 h 1/2 hours making it including prep time and then she doesn't like it.

The new Hostelworld Ad. Someone please tell me its tongue in cheek.

well there's certainly no tongue involved.

I just can't wait for it to be in the news about complaints because there is nudity on screens before watershed from people that have no life or have no better way to spend their day.

Whining students. Complaining today that ocrs chemistry A2 paper was unfair because a question on 2,4-DNP came up and a textbook said it wouldn't. Ignoring that you've got to be daft to trust a textbook on what's going to be on the exam, 2,4-DNP is not a difficult compound: it's all in the title, 2,4-dinitrophenol, you're being asked if you know what phenol looks like, what a nitro group is and can you count to six - if you don't know two simple compounds and preschool maths, you deserve to fail

Whining students. Complaining today that ocrs chemistry A2 paper was unfair because a question on 2,4-DNP came up and a textbook said it wouldn't. Ignoring that you've got to be daft to trust a textbook on what's going to be on the exam, 2,4-DNP is not a difficult compound: it's all in the title, 2,4-dinitrophenol, you're being asked if you know what phenol looks like, what a nitro group is and can you count to six - if you don't know two simple compounds and preschool maths, you deserve to fail

Translate this page

lol fvck that. 

Hearing Lenny Henry snore in too many ad breaks is really pissing me off. 

Me too. He would be the only one guaranteed a good night's sleep if you were in an adjacent room.

Or worse, in the same room.

Stupid and annoying ad.

• Like 1

Redundant processes. I went to a shop yesterday to buy some electronics, the stock of which was in the store room. Understandable. They wanted me to fill out a form, take it to the customer service desk, pay for it, then go back, give them the receipt so they could go and get the stock from the storeroom.

How about you go get the item, give it to me and I pay for it?

Then tried to set up a new satellite decoder for a friend. Which instead of just inserting the old card requires a visit to the agent to have them pair the machine and card. I understand it's security related, but surely we could do this over the phone or on line? Oh wait, they don't have a phone number...