Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Because producing cheaper packaging more than often results in products that are easier to tamper with or that break apart more easily.

It's also quite the chore (or let's say, a disappointment) opening pre-made salads, yoghurts and the likes these days. Half of the thin transparent plastic just stays where it is. :D

What's the matter, Webbo? Not allowed to vent my anger in this thread any longer? :)

You have a good old vent if want Swissy. Don't mind me :D

Supermarkets that boast about cheaper products - and then customers finding out by trial-and-error that albeit having paid less for the same product than before, the supermarket actually having saved money itself by coming up with a much cheaper fabric for the packaging or the use of less material in general, thus keeping production costs down.

See yoghurt lids or paper towel, for instance. Well, lids in general.

The majority of the time the cheaper product is being paid for by the supplier.eg buy 1 get 1 free.its the supplier who has to stump up for this.I produce packaging and packaging designs for growers who supply to the supermarkets and it's often part of the contract.

I have a few growers that send the same product to all supermarkets but dressed in different packaging.

When I was in the hosiery we sometimes had the same type of socks with different stickers and prices on. We supplied Tesco BHS M&S Ladybird Asda and George among others. Some of them had different piece work rates hence different prices. The reject  ones mostly finished up down the market or discount shops bought by the carton. And some of them were near perfect. Just a pinhole or a sligt fault in the stiching or a tiny stain

When I was in the hosiery we sometimes had the same type of socks with different stickers and prices on. We supplied Tesco BHS M&S Ladybird Asda and George among others. Some of them had different piece work rates hence different prices. The reject  ones mostly finished up down the market or discount shops bought by the carton. And some of them were near perfect. Just a pinhole or a sligt fault in the stiching or a tiny stain

e6b05d84aa03333b6935b6076aa7dfcf.jpg

Wedding today and in typical British style the weather is god damn awful. Should have booked in winter and saved myself a fortune.

Best of luck Strokes, hope everything goes okay.

When your wife is in a shop, you have to go get the car so you can load up, and instead of looking out for you, she walks around the shop. You have to park illegally cos she isn't answering her phone, run in and she hasn't even paid yet. I think they are on another planet sometimes.

Wedding today and in typical British style the weather is god damn awful. Should have booked in winter and saved myself a fortune.

Typical, nice all week then they day you want it nice the weather turns.

Shouldn't make a difference though, have a great time.

When your wife is in a shop, you have to go get the car so you can load up, and instead of looking out for you, she walks around the shop. You have to park illegally cos she isn't answering her phone, run in and she hasn't even paid yet. I think they are on another planet sometimes.

Make her carry all the shopping to the car, problem solved.

And my quite frankly tosspot of a circadian rhythm. The only way I can get a decent nights sleep is if I've gone a few days not getting much, otherwise it'll ensure I'm knackered in the morning, knackered all day and then wide awake at night. Then, when I finally get to sleep at a decent hour, it wakes me up at 4am and then won't let me get back to sleep. Such a vindictive thing.

And finally, sick disturbing dreams. After watching numerous episodes of the walking dead over the weekend, my dream consistented of following a youngster around a city (seemed like LA) where he/she (their gender changed mid-dream) went into a strip club and started slashing the dancers up with a sword, penetrating them through the genital area. It was such a clear dream, and I feel a bit sick thinking about it.

Misery.

And finally, sick disturbing dreams. After watching numerous episodes of the walking dead over the weekend, my dream consistented of following a youngster around a city (seemed like LA) where he/she (their gender changed mid-dream) went into a strip club and started slashing the dancers up with a sword, penetrating them through the genital area. It was such a clear dream, and I feel a bit sick thinking about it.

Misery.

Have you considered professional help?  :unsure:

Thanks.

Yeah the day was excellent, the weather had zero impact fortunately.

The weather is a bonus and makes for nice pics but it's all about the people, the food, the booze, the entertainment and the consummation at the end of the day. Oh, yeah, forgot to mention the love. It's all about love!

• Like 1