Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who can't give directions.

I hate being given directions,  "ya know the red lion? left there, then about 4 miles past the sign post for heather, then there is a slight hill but the rod is just before that and youll see the spire..."

I stopped listening....just tell me the address, ive got google maps!

(By the way, the UK's use of postcodes is genius!)

• Like 1

That's the problem with this country everybody is all more more more me me me and will do something they know will cause pain just to get a hit of satisfaction ASAP. The Tories are like biting into a hot roast potato and that raw skin you get on the roof of your mouth the day after is like the result of a tory government. Burned, singed, useless.

That's the problem with this country everybody is all more more more me me me and will do something they know will cause pain just to get a hit of satisfaction ASAP. The Tories are like biting into a hot roast potato and that raw skin you get on the roof of your mouth the day after is like the result of a tory government. Burned, singed, useless.

Oi - you leave the BDSM enthusiasts out of this.  :ph34r:

Bees

Nothing against them as a whole but a bunch of them have taken residence in our roof. Can't tell what type from the outside but they look fat so I presume they're bumblebees. As such, the council won't do anything about them and the Leicestershire and Rutland Beekeepers Association won't take them away

Been told to just leave them but A) I don't want any chance of them damaging the woodwork and B) can't keep the bedroom window open for fear of the bleddy swarm ending up in the house

Would rather not destroy them - does anyone know of any keepers that take the hive away for free/low cost?

Failing that - anyone know of any firms that'll destroy the hive quickly and without rinsing my funds?

Bees

Nothing against them as a whole but a bunch of them have taken residence in our roof. Can't tell what type from the outside but they look fat so I presume they're bumblebees. As such, the council won't do anything about them and the Leicestershire and Rutland Beekeepers Association won't take them away

Been told to just leave them but A) I don't want any chance of them damaging the woodwork and B) can't keep the bedroom window open for fear of the bleddy swarm ending up in the house

Would rather not destroy them - does anyone know of any keepers that take the hive away for free/low cost?

Failing that - anyone know of any firms that'll destroy the hive quickly and without rinsing my funds?

I've got the twats living in a wall that they've got into via the cat flap.

I've tried sorting them with wasp nest killer and filling the entrance with expanding foam but I've done a shit job and they keep coming back.

I do know someone that drives around grabbing swarms of bees, but they're honey bees rather than these fat buggers that live in your house. He said there's not much you can do other than kill 'em, but I'll check if he's got more useful advice than that

Bees

Had this problem the other week! Had a huge nest in the garden and got them removed by a local bee keeper.

After looking on this site http://www.lrbka.org/help_with_swarms.htmIt seems they wont touch bumble bees under roof  tiles?

Looks like you're just going to have to wait it out!

Edited by Ollie93

Cheers for the advice. I'd rather not kill them, I don't kill anything besides mosquitoes but if no one will remove them cheaply I'm going to have to gas them. It's been boiling in our room without the window open, can't imagine waking up to a swarm of bees is a great feeling. Also I know many species are capable of damaging the woodwork, so no chance I'm just letting them get on with it

I've got the twats living in a wall that they've got into via the cat flap.

I've tried sorting them with wasp nest killer and filling the entrance with expanding foam but I've done a shit job and they keep coming back.

I do know someone that drives around grabbing swarms of bees, but they're honey bees rather than these fat buggers that live in your house. He said there's not much you can do other than kill 'em, but I'll check if he's got more useful advice than that

Check your home insurance, occasionally bees and wasps nest cover is thrown in as an automatic add in. Not very often but worth checking.