Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Well you didn't pay for something you should have, so it that's not stealing, what is it?

Aside from that, the rest of the points in the post still stand.

I paid £1 for a journey that lasts about 30 seconds but takes almost 10 minutes when you walk.

I paid £1 for a journey that lasts about 30 seconds but takes almost 10 minutes when you walk.

I'm not saying the fares aren't rip offs, but they charge what they charge and if you want to use the services that's what you pay. You wouldn't walk into Curry's pick a £1000 TV up and slap £300 quid on the counter, because that's all you think it's worth. Life would be great if we could just pay what we feel like for everything.

Anyway if you'd got your shit together you wouldn't be ten minutes from your exam 5 minutes before it starts.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

I'm not saying the fares aren't rip offs, but they charge what they charge and if you want to use the services that's what you pay. You wouldn't walk into Curry's pick a £1000 TV up and slap £300 quid on the counter, because that's all you think it's worth. Life would be great if we could just pay what we feel like for everything.

Anyway if you'd got your shit together you wouldn't be ten minutes from your exam 5 minutes before it starts.

We have to be there 15 mins before it starts for some ridiculous reason. And I would have had loads of time if he didn't take a fvcking year to write my name. I can't believe i got caught on my last day as well, i almost always get an adult one and the conductors aren't even there lol.

Bloody price of upkeep with cars >_<

Put my car in for a Service/MOT ahead of my paying me road tax, which is gonna be roughly £200.

Just had a call me suspension has cracked, gonna be another £150+, add to that the price of my service and MOT (Not that expensive but adds up).

:nigel: Gonna be an expensive week/month.

Oh well, I've hardly spent any money on repairs to my car, it's been very reliable so spose i'm due it (:fc: this is it and it stays reliable)

Been fined £50 for getting one the tram for one stop without paying all conductors are ****ing bad grasses.

I went Nottingham  today and cannot work out the paying system. Never used the  tram today  but other times I went there I thought there would  be a conducter on. Last time I tried the ticket machine. My CC would not work. It seems you  have to have a pre paid card which is daft if you are only there one day.

I went Nottingham today and cannot work out the paying system. Never used the tram today but other times I went there I thought there would be a conducter on. Last time I tried the ticket machine. My CC would not work. It seems you have to have a pre paid card which is daft if you are only there one day.

They have these stupid machines now so that they can lay more people off instead. The irony is that they have probably lost a lot of money since you can get away without paying most of the time because the ticket inspectors don't turn up. The machines also don't take notes larger than £10 which is a nightmare when you're in a rush as the machine takes about 5 minutes to process your request.

I have not paid since I have used the trams.

Edit. I may have done a year or two ago when there was a conducter on. Not sure if it was thereor Sheffield where they would not accept a bus pass.

Atm I am doing the CAMRA Real Ale tour. I have done 8/44 so far (in more than one trip) Today I went in the Children instead of Salutation even though it was not on the list. I did the latter a few weeks back before I started on the present list.

Edit. I may have done a year or two ago when there was a conducter on. Not sure if it was thereor Sheffield where they would not accept a bus pass.

Atm I am doing the CAMRA Real Ale tour. I have done 8/44 so far (in more than one trip) Today I went in the Children instead of Salutation even though it was not on the list. I did the latter a few weeks back before I started on the present list.

you animal, Ken

• Like 1

We await the gradual decline in coherency and the rise in grammatical and typo errors.

Much like a normal post from Ken, then. lol

Jehova's Witnesses and any other sort of religious groups that (somewhat) forcefully try to impose their beliefs onto you.

For fvcks sake, it's one of my two days off work - no need to ring me out of bed, you *****!

Edited by MC Prussian

In my experience jehovahs are the only group that comes around my house at least here in canada. I have on my door a sign that basically says no soliciting etc. Yet they still ring. The point of the sign is "if i dont know you then piss off unless its an emergency".

Few months back they knocked on my door (admittedly one of the ladies was hot) and said "good day heres some light reading about jesus's sacrifice for this friday" seeing as it was good friday that day. And just turned and walked away.

Went straight into the recycling bin.

GET IN THE HOLE, shouted by arseholes at golf tournaments. Often after a tee shot on a par 5.

It was always mildly annoying.

It's now really grinding my gears.

Unoriginal. Attention seeking. Asinine.

I wouldn't have any objection if the organisers of golf tournaments employed spotters and CCTV and tazered the offending oxygen thieves before carting them to the exit and throwing them bodily off the grounds.

Surely a notice on the back of the ticket would make it legal...

• Like 2

Jehova's Witnesses and any other sort of religious groups that (somewhat) forcefully try to impose their beliefs onto you.

For fvcks sake, it's one of my two days off work - no need to ring me out of bed, you *****!

Mormons just moved in on my street. They stop me every. bloody. day. With fake smiles and cheery mid-west accents. Of course being British I just politely tell them I haven't got time but next time I might unleash my inner Balkan and punch the fvckers.

GET IN THE HOLE, shouted by arseholes at golf tournaments. Often after a tee shot on a par 5.

It was always mildly annoying.

It's now really grinding my gears.

Unoriginal. Attention seeking. Asinine.

I wouldn't have any objection if the organisers of golf tournaments employed spotters and CCTV and tazered the offending oxygen thieves before carting them to the exit and throwing them bodily off the grounds.

Surely a notice on the back of the ticket would make it legal...

Americans just can't shut up, I know it now happens elsewhere thesedays, but nowhere near as much as in the states.  It's so annoying that most of the time I can't bring myself to watch tournaments stateside and sometimes I just mute the TV.

Americans just can't shut up, I know it now happens elsewhere thesedays, but nowhere near as much as in the states. It's so annoying that most of the time I can't bring myself to watch tournaments stateside and sometimes I just mute the TV.

Walking around Amsterdam today, there was no noise along the canals (not in the main part of town!), except I heard... 'No, Jahhnny. No.' Some nasally American telling their kid off. Not shouting really, just not using an inside voice, even though they were in their house, and I was just walking by.

Their accent pierces and destroys everything in earshot.

That cvnt Anjem Choudary.

Hope he dies a slow and painful death.

Credit to the Police officer for not reacting because that Choudary deserved to hit for what he was doing. And the person(s) filming it. Worst thing is people actually defend it.

Credit to the Police officer for not reacting because that Choudary deserved to hit for what he was doing. And the person(s) filming it. Worst thing is people actually defend it.

I saw Choudry out in east London during the election campaign, had a stall in a high street somewhere promoting Sharia law and that muslims shouldn't vote. He had 3 or 4 mates around him but from the short time I was there he was largely being ignored by the locals.