Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Hayfever gets most annoying during the evening before work, can cope with it most of the day though.

I use a nasal spray called Beconase, you can get a non branded version from the pharmacyfirst website, it's probably the best thing I've ever come across for dealing with hayfever I was using the eye drops and tablets for a time now just use the tablets and nasal spray and I've been fine

The "anti gay" comments here ; I was amazed at the most recent A League of their own on sky 1 and sky 1 hd aired last Friday. Plenty of digs at the gays and comments to suggest the gays were a bunch of sissy fairies.

Outraged I was.

I use a nasal spray called Beconase, you can get a non branded version from the pharmacyfirst website, it's probably the best thing I've ever come across for dealing with hayfever I was using the eye drops and tablets for a time now just use the tablets and nasal spray and I've been fine

BaconnaiseTransparnt.gif

BaconnaiseTransparnt.gif

1 - How come I am only hearing about this now?

2 - Love the fact that its vegetarian

When your phone decides with no preamble to give up the ghost at the most inopportune time.

Won't switch on, won't go to diagnostic mode, won't charge. Now resisting the urge to throw the fvcking thing out of the window and take it somewhere tomorrow to see if repair and data recovery is possible.

ordered a scran from the nice scran place and it's taken an hour an a half to come :( 

but i like the place so wanna have it again but i don't like how long it took. how does man punish them without cutting off the nose to spite the face etc.? 

Cleaner at work always comes into the men's bogs when I'm doing a shit. I need to time it better.

Straight after they're done - guaranteed no piss on the seat. Only downside is if it's a skidder, you need to exit the room stealthily so no one knows it was you

Inconsistancy of certain officials grind my gears.

A disabled man from Derby sent this letter to his local paper.

IN March this year I was involved in a hit and run accident. Major injury was a smashed right wrist, of which a titanium plate was fitted to hold bones together.

I had just started with a new funeral company. Now my job has gone, as my wrist won’t go back to its original position to lift coffins, although I am desperately working on it by attending physio classes.

I managed to get income support for a few weeks before the DWP sent me for a health review. I was asked to touch my toes…look up…look down… asked what time I went to bed… what time did I get up…what do I eat for breakfast? Where do I do my shopping? But it’s my wrist, I pleaded.

I have worked since I was 15. Spent 17 years in HM Forces. I have worked proudly in the funeral trade for 18 years until a driver changed all that. I am 59 and have had severe depression for 22 years, but never let it stop me working. The health assessment left me feeling degraded and worthless.

Despite paying into the system for years, I was being tested to see how fit for work I was. My wrist was never even examined. The health care professional reminded me of a scene from Little Britain, “Computer says no”. I did not spot any care, any understanding, any deviation from the set questions she had to ask and put a tick against.

So, the good people of Derby, I now have to wait to see, if the few weeks I have had on income support can continue.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Even the diverse ones.

Do people who have been on benefits most of their lives go through this? Should I have told lies, limped and groaned and gone to the interview scruffy, instead of smart?

Should I have cursed and swore? Should I have gone with a tin of beer in my hand? Should I have gone with a walking stick like the lady in front of me who I later saw in Primark, walking unaided?

I am saddened and confused. I don’t know the outcome of my health review but can hazard a guess – “Fit for Work”. End of support.

ADVERTISEMENT

So I am getting my CV in early to prospective employers for my new change of career. Male, 59 years old. History of depression. Fractured wrist. May need another operation and require time off work for physio etc. May have mood swings thanks to accident. Slight limp after parachuting accident in Army. Please join the queue to employ me.

Bit more than a strained wrist isn't it.

Yes a "smashed" wrist but I'm not really sure what that means and he doesn't explain why that limits him or why it would cause mood swings. I just think when there are genuine claimants being treated badly out there story's like that don't really help.

Morethan a strained wrist but I understand the point. It was a smashed wrist and has to have a metal plate in. His job was to carry coffins which he will now be unable to do as will any job requiring  lifting. Office work possible if he has the right qualifications and the employer can cope with his depression and mood swings. But yes I take your point a sprained wrist should not stop the majority  of people going  work if other factors are not taken into account.

The point was how he was assessed  and the coldness of the interviewer whose purpose was to ask questions on a listnot  to examineand assess any medical conditions the person may have. As he said he worked all his life, was in the forces and paid into the  system. Surely he should have been shown some respect and not treated just as a number.

I was off work (well the doctor said I could not do my job security) with a broken wrist. I was told they would not pay me sick even though my arm was in  a sling.  My little finger is still not right. I went physio for a few months and had to arrange times that were my days off losing sleep as well. I managed to do my jobbut if there wasany incident the company would not be covered if I was further injured on their insurance as  I had been declared unfit for work by  the hospital. So how can an unqualified person overule this?

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

I think if I had carried coffins for 18 years I'd be fcuking depressed. Deserves a medal just for doing that.

So I am getting my CV in early to prospective employers for my new change of career. Male, 59 years old. History of depression. Fractured wrist. May need another operation and require time off work for physio etc. May have mood swings thanks to accident. Slight limp after parachuting accident in Army. Please join the queue to employ me.

Needs to learn how to sell himself a bit, bet his CV is a bundle of laughs.

Edited by MattP

I think if I had carried coffins for 18 years I'd be fcuking depressed. Deserves a medal just for doing that.

Needs to learn how to sell himself a bit, bet his CV is a bundle of laughs.

I was thinking the same Matt about the job. But can you understand how these tests are unfair on people like him. For all we know he may have supported them before his accident and even voted Tory. He does not have any sympathy for ones that do try it on. He went there and was honest, he said he could have gone with a stick or exagerated but he 'complied' with the test.

My gripe is they do not have medical experts at hand. The number of successful appeals shows this. It just needs reviewing and adjusting a little. Nothing wrong in admitting mistakes. Atos and the ones that took over are profit making companies.

I agree that help should be given  to help people back to work but there also has to be schemes that also help. Funding has been stopped for  disabled projects that do this. Facilities have to be in place.