Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Guest MattP

I'm glad they are supported more than they are in France, France are more than happy to perpectuate the myth so they can wipe their hands with many more immigrants then we have.  How am I in the wrong?  A lot of the immigrants are misinformed that's clear from listening to them.   If you think they just want to come over here and have a miserable existance on the odd benefit they might (if they are very lucky) receive then you are wrong.

So no denial of what I posted then like you claimed originallly? Now it's the French's fault for creating a myth? Have they now? lol

How do you know the immigrants are misinformed? I posted you a link showing what they are entitled to, are they lying as well like everyone else? How can you be happy they are treated better here than France but then at the same time claim that is actually isn't the case and it's a is a myth the French perpetrate? That doesn't make sense.

Again, no one is saying they intend to come here to live a life on benefits.

It's amazing the British obsession with benefits. In France and Holland the immigration debate is much more about culture and the immigrants' religion vs secular values.

In the UK, since we're still concerned about class and money, 'grafters' and 'scroungers', it always seems to be about poor immigrants coming to take your benefits. I reckon if ISIS rocked up tomorrow and started raping and pillaging their way through Kent, the Mail would lead with 'Collapse of Western Civilization Imminent - And YOU'RE Paying For It'.

I've not seen a single British newspaper take a benefit angle on this migrant crisis, the one who bought it up was the mayor of Calais and the European Union spokesman whose name escapes me. Of course France and Holland are going to be going at this in different tone, they have already seen numerous murders of high ranking people (Pim Fortyn, Charlie Hebdo Staff) based on cultural and religious viewpoints far more recently than we have.

If the whole Private Eye office got gunned down tomorrow for taking the piss out of Islam culture would totally take over any debate regarding finance,

We like to blame foreigners, we love having someone to blame, it's always someone elses fault,  it will never change and it's a great vote winner.  It is amusing that we are supposed to have this easy benefit system for immigrants yet other so called stricter EU countries actually have higher rates of immigration both legal and illegal.

No we don't, if we wanted to do that we would vote BNP, we didn't, the party that liked to blame foreigners died on it's arse and the two that embrace immigration got 65% of the vote. British people have never blamed anyone for trying to better themselves, they blame governments for slack policy that causes harm to all natives and immigrants alike.

People everywhere like to blame others. That's why the EU is doomed to failure. Greeks prefer to blame Germans than rooting out corruption and tax evasion in their country.

That's pretty harsh on the Greek populus IMO. They have elected these people and they now have a mandate to govern how they see fit, should the Greek people bend over to the Germans just because of a decision their politicians made?

Remember when the European banks bail out Greece they aren't really bailing out the Greek government or people, they are bailing out the European bank that wants it's money back.

Edited by MattP

What I have come to learn is this.

Immigrants are the least powerful people in society, especially homeless immigrants, immigrants who claim JSA, they have no power.

Also, British people on benefits are the same.

Who are the types of people on benefits, are they really a menace or a problem. Or have they had a certain type of background / lack of privileges to get them in that position.

targetting immigrants and JSA claimers is wrong. The problem is much much higher up.

Alright, Karl.

How are illegal immigrants going to claim benefits? lol

They cannot.They also cannot be housed. This is link to  a form that has to be  filled in by anyone wanting emergancy housinhg.

It only took me a couple of minutes to find.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/homelessness/help_from_the_council_when_homeless/priority_need

This is the oneI  was looking for. Try filling it in as an illegal immigrant. Or choose any situation that you want to see if you would qualify. Just pretend you are homeless. We did some test scenariosat DNO training sessions  with some interesting results.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/downloads_and_tools/emergency_housing_rights_checker

Edited by Rincewind

That's pretty harsh on the Greek populus IMO. They have elected these people and they now have a mandate to govern how they see fit, should the Greek people bend over to the Germans just because of a decision their politicians made?

Remember when the European banks bail out Greece they aren't really bailing out the Greek government or people, they are bailing out the European bank that wants it's money back.

True, but I don't think I'm being harsh on the Greeks. It's a Balkan trait that I see and hear every day, most Balkan countries are corrupt as fvck and tax evasion is rife. But they're the ostrich kings, far easier just to blame 'foreign powers'. Conspiracy theories abound, t'was every thus and ever thus shall be in SE Europe.

Nice part of the World and lovely people, mind.

If you ring next time, ask for their name.

And if they hang up again, perhaps complain online that *insert name* hung up and didn't do their job very well.

They should never be in that type of role if they can't handle customer complaints/queries.

If you ring next time, ask for their name.

And if they hang up again, perhaps complain online that *insert name* hung up and didn't do their job very well.

They should never be in that type of role if they can't handle customer complaints/queries.

I have every member of there call centre staff that I spoke to's details. And when I did try to complain they hung up again. It really is an awful company.

Gonna pre-whinge about how shite festival coverage is on TV. Resigned myself to the fact it'll be no better this year.

Also gonna pre-whinge about the inevitable throng of morons who feel the need to tell the world Kanye West shouldn't be playing. Cretins. No one's forcing you to watch him.

What%20is%20the%20spread%20of%20incomes_

The graph above does not show the full extent of the difference between the richest and the rest of society. This is because the top 1% have incomes substantially higher than the rest of those in the top 10%. In 2011, the top 1% had an average income of £248,480 and the top 0.1% had an average income of £922,4333.

The richest 10% of households hold 44% of all wealth. The poorest 50% own just 9.5%.

There is enough to go around

Edited by ozleicester

Yep he and many others don't seem to understand our benefits system, I'm sure the myth that they can walk in claim a load of benefits and walk into a council house is perpectuated by the misinformed.

I assumed if they could sneak in and have kids we would be obliged to look after the kids by pampering them with a house and benefits?

So for the past 3 weeks I've been looking forward to this evening. Best mates BBQ for his bday at his parents who I regard as my second mum and dad. Woke up this morning buzzing with the weather and thinking about the BBQ tonight.

just found out they're doing curry now instead. Seriously who the **** wants curry in this heat?

Mum too used to wind me up insisting on sunday roasts when it was blatantly bbq weather.

So- eating food that is not appropriate for the weather.

So for the past 3 weeks I've been looking forward to this evening. Best mates BBQ for his bday at his parents who I regard as my second mum and dad. Woke up this morning buzzing with the weather and thinking about the BBQ tonight.

just found out they're doing curry now instead. Seriously who the **** wants curry in this heat?

Mum too used to wind me up insisting on sunday roasts when it was blatantly bbq weather.

sound abit ungrateful pal

If you're in Birstall later by any chance follow your nose to my house. A few friends pulled out of a barbecue and I bought enough for 8 and now there's only going to be 4 of us and a baby. So much meat!