Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

American money. Their highest coin is a quarter which is the equivalent of about 15p and then their 10 cent is smaller than the 5 cent and 1 cent coin. Obama, sort it out!

American money. Their highest coin is a quarter which is the equivalent of about 15p and then their 10 cent is smaller than the 5 cent and 1 cent coin. Obama, sort it out!

Canadian coins are the same size as americans in the same denomination. We do have $1 and $2 coins though which they dont. Fukin hate coins. I try to pay with visa or debit card everywhere I go.

Speaking of coins not sure about england but here in canada ive noticed alot of wallets no longer have change pouches in them.

When I was in england last year i got me a nice wallet with a change pouch. Made my sad life a little happier

Edited by Jattdogg

There is a $1 coin. At one point they were still minting them even though nobody uses them lol Not sure what the situation is now though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10783019

The fact that people who make negative comments predictions about the club are in a win win situation. If they're wrong, the club is doing well. If they are right they can sneer at everyone who questioned them. Such a cop out.

Also, cheap instand coffee. After having the good stuff at home, coming to work to nescafe gold isn't cutting it.

• Like 2

Been a year since I last logged on but it was the case then. I can understand with NatWest etc they want to use a card reader to set up new payees and standing orders online, but just to log in is(/was) over the top.

New grind:

The new craze of totally ignoring the existence of the word "worst" and just saying "worse". Never noticed it up until a few weeks ago now every other person seems to be guilty of this.

For me its people writing 'loose' instead of 'lose'.

Humblebrag alert.

lol Sadly it's too hot to take advantage of the tennis court, even though I should given that it's Wimbledon fortnight. :P

lol Sadly it's too hot to take advantage of the tennis court, even though I should given that it's Wimbledon fortnight. :P

I know what it's like. By the time you've had a Pimms in the Jacuzzi, and sorted out the butler's salary, there's no time left in the day...

Try ringing 111 maybe see if they will send an ambulance lol

I've been away for a few days so I'm late to this but trust me, you'd be aghast at some of the things they send us to.

Twice in a few weeks I've been sent as a category A response to someone with a cough!!

My council not emptying my recycling bin because it was "contaminated".

My bin was full and on the very top was a small metal bracket for storing a hosepipe on. It was plainly visible and I genuinely thought it was suitable for recycling.

I came home to find my bin tagged and unemptied. I phoned the council and was told they would not return to empty the bin due to a contaminated item even though I had taken it out.

Jesus F'ing Christ (sorry). It would have been simple and more cost effective for the bin man to take out the offending item and leave it on my drive then empty the bin as normal, It's not like I tried to hide it. But no. The policy is that no bin (and the woman on the phone was very forceful at this point) will be emptied that contains even the minutest item of disallowed waste.

So, I now have a full recycling bin that I cannot use and therefore I cannot recycle as per council requirements. I asked the woman what I should do and she said to put any recycling in the black non-recycling (therefore going to landfill) bin. WTF???

I understand the need to keep recycling properly segregated and that some items cannot be recyled, but it's not like I had dumped a load of unsorted trash in there. It was ONE, SMALL thing.

To make me even more irate, I recieved a letter from the council today warning that if I continued to contaminate my recycling then my bin would not be emptied at all. In effect I would be blacklisted. :mad:

Edited by Parafox

While I'm at it... councils applying to the government to be allowed to fine drivers of a car where ANY person in that car throws rubbish from the vehicle.

Ludicrous. Why is the driver responsible?

Now I'm off on a category A call to someone with a cut on his leg!!!!!! FFS!!!!

Edited by Parafox

My bin was full and on the very top was a small metal bracket for storing a hosepipe on. It was plainly visible and I genuinely thought it was suitable for recycling.

I came home to find my bin tagged and unemptied. I phoned the council and was told they would not return to empty the bin due to a contaminated item even though I had taken it out.

Jesus F'ing Christ (sorry). It would have been simple and more cost effective for the bin man to take out the offending item and leave it on my drive then empty the bin as normal, It's not like I tried to hide it. But no. The policy is that no bin (and the woman on the phone was very forceful at this point) will be emptied that contains even the minutest item of disallowed waste.

So, I now have a full recycling bin that I cannot use and therefore I cannot recycle as per council requirements. I asked the woman what I should do and she said to put any recycling in the black non-recycling (therefore going to landfill) bin. WTF???

I understand the need to keep recycling properly segregated and that some items cannot be recyled, but it's not like I had dumped a load of unsorted trash in there. It was ONE, SMALL thing.

To make me even more irate, I recieved a letter from the council today warning that if I continued to contaminate my recycling then my bin would not be emptied at all. In effect I would be blacklisted. :mad:

WTF?!?  thats so backwards

Check out staff at supermarkets asking me and the Mrs if we want help packing 6 items. Procedural nonsense and extremely patronising if I want help I'm sure I'm capable of asking for it.

What made it even more irritating was they were very slow and totally disinterested in what they were doing and avoided all eye contact when I cam to pay so they clearly weren't interested in whether we genuinely wanted help.

Check out staff at supermarkets asking me and the Mrs if we want help packing 6 items. Procedural nonsense and extremely patronising if I want help I'm sure I'm capable of asking for it.

What made it even more irritating was they were very slow and totally disinterested in what they were doing and avoided all eye contact when I cam to pay so they clearly weren't interested in whether we genuinely wanted help.

it's not personal, they say to everyone, it is annoying though.

it's not personal, they say to everyone, it is annoying though.

I know it's  not personal as I said precedural nonsense I blame the management for not allowing them to use their own judgement and I blame them for their total disregard for me as a customer. Seems to be much more of a problem at the bigger supermarkets.

So, I now have a full recycling bin that I cannot use and therefore I cannot recycle as per council requirements. I asked the woman what I should do and she said to put any recycling in the black non-recycling (therefore going to landfill) bin. WTF???

I understand the need to keep recycling properly segregated and that some items cannot be recyled, but it's not like I had dumped a load of unsorted trash in there. It was ONE, SMALL thing.

To make me even more irate, I recieved a letter from the council today warning that if I continued to contaminate my recycling then my bin would not be emptied at all. In effect I would be blacklisted. :mad:

Also when they come back in a couple of weeks, they are going to empty your recycle bin which still be full of all the stuff they wouldn't take this week because it was contaminated. It's still the same stuff and still as contaminated as the first time.

Also when they come back in a couple of weeks, they are going to empty your recycle bin which still be full of all the stuff they wouldn't take this week because it was contaminated. It's still the same stuff and still as contaminated as the first time.

Well, there was only one item and that was on the top of all the other stuff that could be recycled and I have now removed it. The council said that if the bin men see a disallowed item they will not empty the bin because there could be other such items in amongst the bottles, cans, plastic etc. So it follows that if you hide a non-recyclable item so they can't see it you will get your contaminated bin emptied, no problem. When I pointed out this flaw to the woman on the phone she said "Well yes, that's true but I wouldn't recommend you do that". lol