Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People who recline their seats on short haul flights.

We went to Cyprus through monarch, 2 weeks ago going out it was fine we were on the aircraft which had the new ergonomic seats which don't recline but have plenty of space (around 30 inches between the seat in front of you)

Then today coming back we were on aircraft that must be fairly old as it had the old seats. Now there's hardly any legroom and the woman in front of my decided to put her seat right back. Fair enough the seat does recline but at least have the decency to ask the person behind you if its ok. She was hardly a tall woman either so it's not as if she needed the room.

We went to Cyprus through monarch, 2 weeks ago going out it was fine we were on the aircraft which had the new ergonomic seats which don't recline but have plenty of space (around 30 inches between the seat in front of you)

Then today coming back we were on aircraft that must be fairly old as it had the old seats. Now there's hardly any legroom and the woman in front of my decided to put her seat right back. Fair enough the seat does recline but at least have the decency to ask the person behind you if its ok. She was hardly a tall woman either so it's not as if she needed the room.

When this happens I get a nervous reaction whereby my knees suffer involuntary reflexes. The person in front experiences significant turbulence until they put the seat upright.

When this happens I get a nervous reaction whereby my knees suffer involuntary reflexes. The person in front experiences significant turbulence until they put the seat upright.

Ha ha I did it a couple of times until the girlfriend told me off.

I was on a 8 hour flight back from New York and some fat yank **** did this. Tried to tell him to move it forward but he was fast asleep so must have took some sleeping pills or something. I'm about 6"4 so had absolutely no leg room plus the air conditioning and in flight tv broke :).

Due to health issues my wife needs to recline her seat where possible. She appears perfectly healthy and normal (excluding being seen with me) if you were to see her, but as with many health issues, they are not apparent to the casual viewer.

Im a relatively tall chap so i am aware of limited leg room, but in the end it doesnt really impact on my life if someone reclines in front of me. As for asking... first of all why should she? and secondly, what if that person behind her is a cvnt and says no?

Live and let live

Having said that.. those people who climb out of their seats on a plane.. using the seat in front of them as a hand grip and push off point.. use your own seat!

Edited by ozleicester

I was on a 8 hour flight back from New York and some fat yank **** did this. Tried to tell him to move it forward but he was fast asleep so must have took some sleeping pills or something. I'm about 6"4 so had absolutely no leg room plus the air conditioning and in flight tv broke :).

You should have gently wrapped a log in tissue in the toilet and unfurled it into his lap as you went back to your seat.

Due to health issues my wife needs to recline her seat where possible. She appears perfectly healthy and normal (excluding being seen with me) if you were to see her, but as with many health issues, they are not apparent to the casual viewer.

Im a relatively tall chap so i am aware of limited leg room, but in the end it doesnt really impact on my life if someone reclines in front of me. As for asking... first of all why should she? and secondly, what if that person behind her is a cvnt and says no?

Live and let live

Having said that.. those people who climb out of their seats on a plane.. using the seat in front of them as a hand grip and push off point.. use your own seat!

Can't you book the seat behind her?

Dangerous Tiger - one of the most winder-uppers on here, disagrees when everyone else agrees and vice versa.

Put him on ignore if he bothers you that much. 

People who eat fried chicken and leave bones on the buses, on the ground etc.  Last year, I even saw an idiot who was dumping bones RIGHT next to a bin. When he finished it all, he put the box inside the bin!

The problem is exacerbated significantly due to the fact I live in Catford.