Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Thank you for that.

Nothing against you personally Rincey

But too many are

- car crashes waiting to happen

- queue jumpers

- bigots

- supermarket trolley warriors

- spatially unaware

- soup brains

- a drain on resources

- think they're entitled to respect

- ignorant

- pissy, flaky dinosaurs

and more .....

Not all of them mind!

But too many are

- car crashes waiting to happen Some as are young inexperienced drivers and teenage pavement speeding cyclists

- queue jumpers Older people are more likely to open a door for ladies and offer their seat on a bus to a pregnant woman.

- bigots They have lived longer and have more to be bigoted about

- supermarket trolley warriors Many only by small quantities if all their kids have left home and they live on their own

- spatially unaware Umm

- soup brains too much knowledge can mess with your brain

- a drain on resources but biggest contributers in taxes NI and war deaths over the past 70 years or so

- think they're entitled to respect Well I think everyone is entitled to respect unless they are a complete dickhead

- ignorant more life experience does not make one ignorant

- pissy, flaky dinosaurs just fading away

and more .....I agree

Not all of them mind!

George Osborne thinking an effectively make believe "living wage" increase goes any way towards making up for victimised the vulnerable, who couldn't take advantage of the living wage even if it was a real thing.

Never mind though, Penelope will get to keep all of her seven figure inheritance and continue her perpetual gap yah so there is some good news.

But too many are

- car crashes waiting to happen Some as are young inexperienced drivers and teenage pavement speeding cyclists

- queue jumpers Older people are more likely to open a door for ladies and offer their seat on a bus to a pregnant woman.

- bigots They have lived longer and have more to be bigoted about

- supermarket trolley warriors Many only by small quantities if all their kids have left home and they live on their own

- spatially unaware Umm

- soup brains too much knowledge can mess with your brain

- a drain on resources but biggest contributers in taxes NI and war deaths over the past 70 years or so

- think they're entitled to respect Well I think everyone is entitled to respect unless they are a complete dickhead

- ignorant more life experience does not make one ignorant

- pissy, flaky dinosaurs just fading away

and more .....I agree

Not all of them mind!

Good response albeit one that I largely disagree with.

Like it that you fight your/their corner though.

I guess a cull would be pretty non p.c!

Guest MattP

People who moan about things that when rectified, still try and pretend it hasn't happened by trying to completely change the subject and expecting you not to notice.

People who moan about things that when rectified, still try and pretend it hasn't happened by trying to completely change the subject and expecting you not to notice.

I can't imagine who you mean.

My sink plug has seized up so I take it apart to clean and refurb, spend 30 mins doing this to all the tiny tiny parts.

Can I put it back together?! Not a chance!

Can I now find the same part online to be able to purchase a new one?!

Not a fookin chance!

Arrrgggjhhh

My sink plug has seized up so I take it apart to clean and refurb, spend 30 mins doing this to all the tiny tiny parts.

Can I put it back together?! Not a chance!

Can I now find the same part online to be able to purchase a new one?!

Not a fookin chance!

Arrrgggjhhh

Get down to a plumbers merchants. There's plenty about.

Football:

People sitting next to you who whenever we have a free kick in a shootable range say "this is going in" and keep saying it for the 1000 times we miss/goes out/deflects but when the one in a thousand that goes in they said "told you, i flipping told you!!" (cambiassos spilled shot to king this season for example)

Idiot recruiters that lie to you about the likelihood of job opportunities. Fvck.

Tough break my friend, from experience they are on par with estate agents. They are so full of excrement.

All that want to do is get you into any job regardless of whether you are overqualified for it and the pay is below your market rate.

And they are pushy as fvck about it, had 18 missed calls from one recruiter in a single afternoon!

Tough break my friend, from experience they are on par with estate agents. They are so full of excrement.

All that want to do is get you into any job regardless of whether you are overqualified for it and the pay is below your market rate.

And they are pushy as fvck about it, had 18 missed calls from one recruiter in a single afternoon!

Yeah, you're not kidding. Would rather deal with an employer directly but it's difficult to do in the international teaching sphere.

What really fvcks me off about this one is that I had been assured the job offer was ironclad for the last two months and I got all the paperwork sorted, then today they turn round and tell me it isn't happening. So two months of work as well as future plans are up in fvcking smoke, and I'm scrambling for a solution.

My phone died completely and had to resort to my backup phone... It's a 5 or 6 year old Samsung budget Android 2 piece of garbage with a screen the size of a stamp, least responsive thing ever. And not even 3G so navigating any site is a nightmare. Missed 2 hours of Preki chat!

Agencies that promise you work, but infact want you to just register with them to be in their books.

When I went to one and asked about the role 'offered', the person I was with replied ''huh, what role, I don't understand''.

Felt like a fool asking, and now question which agencies are truthful and actually take action on their promise.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

My phone died completely and had to resort to my backup phone... It's a 5 or 6 year old Samsung budget Android 2 piece of garbage with a screen the size of a stamp, least responsive thing ever. And not even 3G so navigating any site is a nightmare. Missed 2 hours of Preki chat!

Surely this should go in the "What floats my boat topic?