Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Sport coverage online. BBC and Guardian in particular. I don't want live text updates, I just want to find a scorecard, but it's hidden in the top corner. Same with football, fixtures and results seem to get lost in all the sodding tweets.

• Like 1

Sport coverage online. BBC and Guardian in particular. I don't want live text updates, I just want to find a scorecard, but it's hidden in the top corner. Same with football, fixtures and results seem to get lost in all the sodding tweets.

If it's the cricket you're after;

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2015/engine/match/743963.html

• Like 1

yes this, tell me the score, who scored and how long has gone.

Not "47:28 Oooh wide from Sanchez, Arsenal are knocking on the door now, Arsene must have had stern words at half time, still 0-0 here at the Emirates."

52:04 A man is wearing a funny hat

• Like 1

Trying to type correctly on a smartphone - no matter how I hold the device, I usually hit the wrong button(s) because they're too close to one another.

Personally, Blackberry's are the worst for it.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Guest ttfn

London was an absolute joke yesterday.

The technology exists to make the tube entirely driverless. The next mayor needs to put a plan in place to make this happen in the next 20 years.

It's all very well and good outside of London saying "good on them" but those of us who depend on the tubepay an extortionate amount of money for a mediocre public transport system by modern standards. A huge reason for this is the thoroughly unnecessary expense of the tube drivers.

Guest ttfn

I should add that I am fully behind unionising, but it needs to be done sensibly. Nobody in London will cry for the tube drivers when they inevitably get replaced by machines because they've taken the piss for too long.

The technology exists to make the tube entirely driverless. The next mayor needs to put a plan in place to make this happen in the next 20 years.

It's all very well and good outside of London saying "good on them" but those of us who depend on the tubepay an extortionate amount of money for a mediocre public transport system by modern standards. A huge reason for this is the thoroughly unnecessary expense of the tube drivers.

4 lines already have this technology installed, all the driver does is open the doors or drive the train manually if it fails, another 4 lines are having it installed at the moment. It will happen eventually. The Bakerloo line is planned to be the first fully automatic line when its extended south. This is many years away though so don't hold your breath

Indeed it was chaos. Basically it's not only African migrants in Calais that act in a desperate why when trying to get from A to B, some of the scenes I saw yesterday in London were rather uncivilised. I arrived into London Victoria on a bus and like all my fellow travellers and a lot of tourists had no idea about the strike. Victoria coach station was madness, people literally jumping onto moving buses. I managed to get on one going to Stansted, half the people on the plane were about to miss their flights.

Difference is, I swiftly correct mine, Ken.

(Love you in a manly way, btw)

I try to correct mine quickly. It is normally just one or two on the look out for errors then they pounce ignoring the content which makes it worse. Its not been so bad the last couple of weeks (I wonder why?)

I try to correct mine quickly. It is normally just one or two on the look out for errors then they pounce ignoring the content which makes it worse. Its not been so bad the last couple of weeks (I wonder why?)

I have a Samsung Tablet and it is the worst for typing, the space bar hardly ever registers.

Customers walking into my shop without grabbing a trolley then making me open the one-way door back out to the lobby so they can grab one.  Yes it's dumb we don't keep trolleys inside the shop proper, and yes it's dumb that the front door only opens automatically from one side, but these people will always say without fail "there's usually a few in here".  This is an absolute lie, unless by "usually" you mean "well over a year ago since we built a wall in the spot you're pointing at where the trolleys used to be".  Don't come into my shop and tell me what's what you total slag.