Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It's like your balls can breathe

Oh man. Me and a few mates stayed over in London when we played arsenal, I bought some of this stuff, night of the game. Jumped in the shower, put some of this on my ballsack and that was it, agony all night, spent the whole game thinking my balls were on fire. Red raw. Grim. Never again lol

If Facebook is to be believed, the security guard at Primark in Leicester who removed a baby from her breastfeeding mother and carried her away to get her out of the store. ****ing outrageous. How is that not kidnapping?

I was tempted to put something on here, before I saw your post, about how disgusted I was by this. Since, Primark have released a statement saying they have reviewed the CCTV and there is no evidence to back up her claim. Also in flicking through the comments under that someone posted a screenshot showing she has previous for claiming something similar a Beaumont Leys Leisure Centre

I was tempted to put something on here, before I saw your post, about how disgusted I was by this. Since, Primark have released a statement saying they have reviewed the CCTV and there is no evidence to back up her claim. Also in flicking through the comments under that someone posted a screenshot showing she has previous for claiming something similar a Beaumont Leys Leisure Centre

I find those type of posts on facebook very dubious. People are sharing a screenshot not actually a post, every time I see them they are of something stupid like that or someone burning a poppy saying they are going to take over England, just silly rubbish really.

I find those type of posts on facebook very dubious. People are sharing a screenshot not actually a post, every time I see them they are of something stupid like that or someone burning a poppy saying they are going to take over England, just silly rubbish really.

I'm a bit sad though, so i checked, she definitely wrote the post in the Leisure Centre page too.

You sound like you'd seriously grind my gears if I knew you.

Really? Because I am unhappy with antisocial people smoking and talking loudly late at night? This occasion it carried on till 2 in the morning on a Sunday night and they pretty much chain smoked the entire time.

Some of us can't afford a mortgage on a house without ever working.

It's more the fact they are so loud that annoys me. There are their own kids and other kids on the neighbourhood they would be disturbing as well. It's just not fair, I really don't understand how I'm being villianised here.

Looks like this lady may have a few issues. I can understand why people were shocked by the story, and I suppose I was, but it didn't take me long to stop myself and think, that just wouldn't happen. Rip a feeding baby from the breast? It's Primark, not the sacking of Thessalonica

Guest MattP

It's quite scary how people just believe anything they read on Facebook these days without any thought whatsoever.

Was it Churchill who said "A lie gets half way around the World before the truth can put it's pants on" - it's twice as quick now and the audience ten times more moronic.

It's quite scary how people just believe anything they read on Facebook these days without any thought whatsoever.

Was it Churchill who said "A lie gets half way around the World before the truth can put it's pants on" - it's twice as quick now and the audience ten times more moronic.

Like all that shit with the Globe in town.

Some twat made up a story about it refusing to serve armed forces because it would offend Muslims (nevermind the fact they sell alcohol) and they got abuse and death threats and all sorts didn't they?

Facebook attention seeking is abhorrent.

I was about to say the weird thing is these people have deliberately made something that is straight up false but yesterday I got a picture of Nigel put a false quote over it about ranieri calling him a **** so I can't talk lol

Some twat made up a story about it refusing to serve armed forces because it would offend Muslims (nevermind the fact they sell alcohol) and they got abuse and death threats and all sorts didn't they?

All the posts with the stories of how they "refuse to serve someone in a motorbike helmet but will serve someone in a Burka" amuse me the most.

I'm sure it was Kanye West who said that. A Facebook friend told me so. :ph34r: 

I'm not on Twitter, but that sounds a lot worse, to judge from the stuff quoted on here.

Lets face it Facebook's just shite anyway. I swear 75% of my friends list just want attention. Rarely log on these days and I think a lot do the same.

Sounds like you need to seriously prune your friends list,

I like Facebook, but think you just need to be careful about who your FB "friends" are.

Most of my FB friends have something to offer. I've got a heap of cousins in Ireland/Aus/NZ/Canada (good way to keep in touch); a few acquaintances with good taste in music (recommendations or tour/album news) or an interest in politics (interesting debates/"banter"); there are even a few real-life friends though, as an old git, most of my real-life friends aren't on it,l being snooty and seeing it as a crappy yoof thing. Fortunately, I've got very few who post about Kanye West or ask "you alright, hun?". Some random bloke from Iran signed up with me a few months back - and posted loads of interesting photos of Iran - but he seems to have gone again now (probably too busy building nuclear warheads).

Guest MattP

Funny you mention that, I was speaking about this last week to a couple of mates in the pub and they were still under the impression it was true. They used to go in if they were in town but don't now.

It's terrible the way people can do so much harm to hard working people's businesses, I don't like draconian laws made up on reaction to a minority of idiots but you have to wonder if people should be facing action if they have proven to have done these things maliciously.

Most of my FB friends have something to offer. I've got a heap of cousins in Ireland/Aus/NZ/Canada (good way to keep in touch); a few acquaintances with good taste in music (recommendations or tour/album news) or an interest in politics (interesting debates/"banter"); there are even a few real-life friends though, as an old git, most of my real-life friends aren't on it,l being snooty and seeing it as a crappy yoof thing. Fortunately, I've got very few who post about Kanye West or ask "you alright, hun?". Some random bloke from Iran signed up with me a few months back - and posted loads of interesting photos of Iran - but he seems to have gone again now (probably too busy building nuclear warheads).

Do I come into that? lol

Twitter is far worse from my experience, I used to be on it but it was a really nasty place when I came off, full of people hiding behind anonymity to abuse and it seemed to have become societies moral conscience, get outraged, get signing petitions and try and get people sacked for whatever they have done that disagreed with the norm. The home of the online mob.

I made a fairly mild comment about how transgendered children in school wasn't my main concern for an education secretary and was being attacked by about 100 LGBT community members (apparantly) within minutes who kept retweeting and telling their friends to come and get me, went on for days before I eventually just deleted the account, I remember DanLCFC being on the receiving end of a a lot of abuse from an organising cycling online mob.

Edited by MattP

Funny you mention that, I was speaking about this last week to a couple of mates in the pub and they were still under the impression it was true. They used to go in if they were in town but don't now.

It's terrible the way people can do so much harm to hard working people's businesses, I don't like draconian laws made up on reaction to a minority of idiots but you have to wonder if people should be facing action if they have proven to have done these things maliciously.

I think the guy was convicted over it. Some white supremacist weirdo from Somerset? Can't find the court story mind.

Sounds like you need to seriously prune your friends list,

I like Facebook, but think you just need to be careful about who your FB "friends" are.

You make a good point tbf and yeah I think I do need to prune! You're right in terms it being a good way to keep in contact with certain people. Most of my "friends" on there are people I went to school with - some of them rarely post but some post a lot of rubbish. I have got rid of a few people in recent times.

Do I come into that? lol

Twitter is far worse from my experience, I used to be on it but it was a really nasty place when I came off, full of people hiding behind anonymity to abuse and it seemed to have become societies moral conscience, get outraged, get signing petitions and try and get people sacked for whatever they have done that disagreed with the norm. The home of the online mob.

Of course you come into that. Filed under "good for sports news & political argument".  :thumbup:

Nothing I've heard about Twitter encourages me to get involved in that.