Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

You make a good point tbf and yeah I think I do need to prune! You're right in terms it being a good way to keep in contact with certain people. Most of my "friends" on there are people I went to school with - some of them rarely post but some post a lot of rubbish. I have got rid of a few people in recent times.

Some people post crap but are still worth keeping.

My nephew posts outraged crap about how awful Kanye West is (why would I care?!) and my sister-in-law ends every post "hun" (always a bad sign). They're both really indiscreet, though, so it's a good way to keep an eye on what they're up to!  :D

It's certainly not a good idea to be transphobic on Twitter. I personally think that it provides a positive way for formally isolated people such as transsexuals, homosexuals, minority races etc to gather and form a voice to fight back against abuse that they previously have had to tolerate.

I'll take the 'lynch mob' aspect as a small negative in what is otherwise a brilliantly effective tool at fighting prejudice of all sorts.

It's quite scary how people just believe anything they read on Facebook these days without any thought whatsoever.

Was it Churchill who said "A lie gets half way around the World before the truth can put it's pants on" - it's twice as quick now and the audience ten times more moronic.

I did say "if Facebook is to be believed".

The only people on FB that draw my attention to this sort of shite are my actual relatives, which isn't helpful, although a couple of friends seem to have recently fallen for a couple of Britain First nonsense stories, so it does happen.

I can understand that the internet makes it easier to disseminate total bollocks, but at the same time, it makes it easier to verify things and check facts, so these things shouldn't run as far as they do.

There's part of us though that seems, either consciously or unconsciously, to enjoy reacting to stuff, and we value that far more than the actual facts, because, let's be honest, the facts can be very boring

• Like 1

Video ads on websites so ****ing annoying, I want to read the website not listen some shitty ad that I then have to find and turn off hence interrupting my reading and 9 times out of ten leaving the said website. which in turn will lose them loads of traffic over time compared to there shitty ad revenue that no one even clicks anyway!

• Like 1

Video ads on websites so ****ing annoying, I want to read the website not listen some shitty ad that I then have to find and turn off hence interrupting my reading and 9 times out of ten leaving the said website. which in turn will lose them loads of traffic over time compared to there shitty ad revenue that no one even clicks anyway!

Absolutely, the worst are the ones from newspaper sites (especially Leicester Mercury).

There's some video ads that give you an option to rate the ad afterwards - normally give them a 1/5 due to the sheer annoyance of them.

My dad not being able to buy the correct tickets in a pre sale this morning.

Told him wanted Foo Fighters for the Saturday at MK bowl for the rescheduled Wembley dates but he went and got Sunday instead. Not a major issue at all but still frustrating with the way he was messaging me every 2 minutes asking what to do

My dad not being able to buy the correct tickets in a pre sale this morning.

Told him wanted Foo Fighters for the Saturday at MK bowl for the rescheduled Wembley dates but he went and got Sunday instead. Not a major issue at all but still frustrating with the way he was messaging me every 2 minutes asking what to do

Could have done it yourself? I'm sure it would grind his gears to hear you moaning about the favour he did for you

Two adverts.

Take your G-Tech Air Ram and shove it up your arse.

And then that Money Supermarket ad. The worst, most pointless ad I've ever seen. It doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever, is full of ghastly sights and was written by mentalists.

Two adverts.

Take your G-Tech Air Ram and shove it up your arse.

And then that Money Supermarket ad. The worst, most pointless ad I've ever seen. It doesn't seem to make any sense whatsoever, is full of ghastly sights and was written by mentalists.

The trip advisor ad that keeps shouting 'book' annoys me, what sort of tosser thinks these campaigns up?

Could have done it yourself? I'm sure it would grind his gears to hear you moaning about the favour he did for you

I couldn't do it myself because the email originally went to him. I tried to get him to forward the email so I could do it for us but he didn't know how to do that!

And he got himself a ticket too so chill bro. It'll grind his gears knowing that someone is moaning about people moaning in the grinds my gears thread

I couldn't do it myself because the email originally went to him. I tried to get him to forward the email so I could do it for us but he didn't know how to do that!

And he got himself a ticket too so chill bro. It'll grind his gears knowing that someone is moaning about people moaning in the grinds my gears thread

Haha it's ok mate, I thought you'd probably be at work or something anyway, but I couldn't resist, as one of my pet hates is for people that don't appreciate favours/say thank you, and also when they ask other people to do things when they can really do it themselves. That last particular one is something that get's to me almost daily at work.

I am extremely grateful for me old man doing that. I had tickets to the Wembley date but wasn't gonna go anyway due to the arrival date of my son, that gig got cancelled anyway so it's a massive stroke of luck in my favour so I'm just buzzing to be able to see them again when I thought I would miss out.

I didn't mean to come across as ungrateful but I'll be honest he did sort of balls it up! Bless him

I am extremely grateful for me old man doing that. I had tickets to the Wembley date but wasn't gonna go anyway due to the arrival date of my son, that gig got cancelled anyway so it's a massive stroke of luck in my favour so I'm just buzzing to be able to see them again when I thought I would miss out.

I didn't mean to come across as ungrateful but I'll be honest he did sort of balls it up! Bless him

No dramas, I was perhaps being slightly picky as I'd just completed an unthanked favour at work lol. Congrats on the birth of your son anyway, and hope the gigs a cracker mate.

• Like 1

It grinds my gears when people do a "favour" but it's wrong and think they're immune from criticism for it. If you're gonna do it wrong don't bother doing it in the first place

Guest seanfox778

The McDonalds adverts. They get more cringey every time, the latest one about the couple on the bad date who end up meeting later by chance in McDonalds and ordering the same thing at the end. Just show some close ups of burgers or something. Why do they order everything separately too? It's a Big Mac meal with a strawberry milkshake you fools.

It grinds my gears when people do a "favour" but it's wrong and think they're immune from criticism for it. If you're gonna do it wrong don't bother doing it in the first place

You sound like such a strong, independent woman, to do everything all by yourself and get it right every time :thumbup:

The McDonalds adverts. They get more cringey every time, the latest one about the couple on the bad date who end up meeting later by chance in McDonalds and ordering the same thing at the end. Just show some close ups of burgers or something. Why do they order everything separately too? It's a Big Mac meal with a strawberry milkshake you fools.

I find it a bit cringe alright too, along with the match.com 'love your imperfections' ad...

The one with the old grandad and gang of youths bonding over the fact they both eat Big Macs is the worst, closely followed by the stepdad and kid.

The one with the old grandad and gang of youths bonding over the fact they both eat Big Macs is the worst, closely followed by the stepdad and kid.

It's a shame they cut the bit where the youth flashes a knife at the old man under the table and the old man responded by lifting his jumper to reveal a hand gun. For me it was meant as more of a warning that if you're over 18 and going to McDonalds you better be tooled up.

Just before I start I want to make it clear that all the McDonald's adverts are shit.

But the two you mention at least makes sense. The one with the old bloke and the youths shows how despite being hugely different in almost every part of their lives, that still have McDonald's in common. And that's it, nothing else in common, they aren't going to start hanging out, they just give a knowing nod to other and that's it. And the one with with the stepdad, in a similar vain showing how they haven't been getting on but they both love a McDonald's and find common ground. The new one, they have a weird date where they seems to spend almost all day together without going for any food or even a drink, everything they tell the other contradicts and shows them to be poles apart, and she even forgets his name, then they both independently go the McDonald's after the date, she's clearly been in there much longer than him because he doesn't see her as he walks in, but they both somehow finish their needlessly long order (why not just order a BigMac meal?) at the same time, and look at each other like they are deeply in love. Like both liking the same thing from a shit burger restaurant somehow glosses over the other stuff and they'll live happily ever after. Stupid advert.

• Like 1

I like the one where the mum points out she can't be arsed to wash-up and forgot to pick up anything for dinner after picking the kids up so the family go to McDonalds and the kids are running around screaming, the mum is close to tears and the dad's being really short with everyone while he eats his cold salty french fries and breadburger. And everyone's taken the gherkins out and chucked them on the floor and the camera pans out and the sliced gherkins have formed a giant M

• Like 2