Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Companies that don't bother replying to applications; took my time doing them to plenty and receive nothing back.

Agree with that. I always want a reply even regardless of the outcome. I'd rather know where I stand and even what I can work on if it's good feedback.

• Like 1

I like the one where the mum points out she can't be arsed to wash-up and forgot to pick up anything for dinner after picking the kids up so the family go to McDonalds and the kids are running around screaming, the mum is close to tears and the dad's being really short with everyone while he eats his cold salty french fries and breadburger. And everyone's taken the gherkins out and chucked them on the floor and the camera pans out and the sliced gherkins have formed a giant M

I used to work in one and this was 95% of our customer base.

The radio adverts are worse. Cockney w4nker drawling over some ridiculous script- including Spandau Ballet's True being linked to the McVile or something, and Arabica mixed up with Abracadabra- fvck off.

Edited by Corky

The radio adverts are worse. Cockney w4nker drawling over some ridiculous script- including Spandau Ballet's True being linked to the McVile or something, and Arabica mixed up with Abracadabra- fvck off.

Straying off-topic from McD ads, but "True" by Spandau Ballet is one of those songs that has always ground my gears.

I remember a review when it was released (NME?) saying "I've counted, and during this song he says 'this much is true' 32 times - and I didn't believe him once". :D

MP's giving themselves pay rises.

I see some of the SNP MP's are donating their rises to the community. I wonder how many Tory AND Labour MP's will donte their raises to their constituants? Other public workers have had pay rises of 1%.

Still as they keep telling us we are all in it together.

Remember that birds siting on the lower branches of a tree have to deal with shit falling on their head from the birds on the higher branches. Shit does not go upwards.

Guest MattP

I see some of the SNP MP's are donating their rises to the community. I wonder how many Tory AND Labour MP's will donte their raises to their constituants? Other public workers have had pay rises of 1%.

Still as they keep telling us we are all in it together.

Remember that birds siting on the lower branches of a tree have to deal with shit falling on their head from the birds on the higher branches. Shit does not go upwards.

Loads are doing it Ken, read the news and get the facts before you get angry.

Guest MattP

I think Ken gets too carried away with political stereotypes

The whole thing is ridiculous anyway.

The reason MP's pay was given to an independent body is because people were demanding that they shouldn't be deciding it themselves (quite rightly) and now the independent body says they are actually underpaid for what they do people kick off about it.

The whole thing is ridiculous anyway.

The reason MP's pay was given to an independent body is because people were demanding that they shouldn't be deciding it themselves (quite rightly) and now the independent body says they are actually underpaid for what they do people kick off about it.

MPs have got to be paid well because it's a difficult job, you've got to make it appealing otherwise you'd probably only get people that are loaded already (more Tories oh no !!!!!!) doing the job.

Receiving emails like this:

Attention:

My name is Perry Lindsey Candis, I am an E.C. patient, and presently
hospitalized in Guys & St. Thomas hospital in Central London, UK. My
doctor says I have a few months to live, and I desire to stay within
the confinement of my hospital room and live out my last days on earth
quietly.I decided to go online and find some one remotely afar who can
receive the funds from where it is presently deposited and disburse the
money to cancer research institutes, churches, orphanages home, handicaps,
widows and widowers and other deserving charity organizations. Indicate
your willingness to assist me by responding to this email so I can provide
you more details.
Reply here: [email protected]

Regards,
Perry Lindsey Candis

Virgin Customer services. Just had one call me up to try and get me to have a Tivo box. Offering Sports channels and it will be £5 month instead of their usual price. The box is free (wow) I kept saying that I want my monthly bill reducing not increasing and all I got was 'I understand' I even said I was looking at other providers 'I understand which is why you will receive this special offer'

'No i do not want to pay more' 'I understand the only snag is we are asking you to try the extra channels for a month' I would rather have my bill reduced' 'I understand'

'Sorry its a no go unless you reduce my bill and dont say I understand' 'I understand' 'Goodbye'

I've been getting a lot of 'plan your funeral' e-mails recently. Wonder if it's a sign that my innings are over soon.

I can top that - I got a (spam) email once saying their records indicate that I had recently died, could I confirm so they could release my estate to my next of kin. I can only assume a translation software error, surely no one is that stupid?

Guest MattP

Caitlyn Jenner again, ranting on about how we should "accept people for who they are".

This person was so unaccepting of himself that he cut his own cock off.

Edited by MattP

Caitlyn Jenner again, ranting on about how we should "accept people for who they are".

This person was so unaccepting of himself that he cut his own cock off.

The point of course being that it was her judgement to make about herself, and no one else's. Being unhappy with yourself and knowing that well enough to change and other people judging you for it rather than live and let live are two completely different kettles of fish.

Just like you've done now with the deliberate misgendering, as it happens.

Receiving emails like this:

Attention:

My name is Perry Lindsey Candis, I am an E.C. patient, and presently

hospitalized in Guys & St. Thomas hospital in Central London, UK. My

doctor says I have a few months to live, and I desire to stay within

the confinement of my hospital room and live out my last days on earth

quietly.I decided to go online and find some one remotely afar who can

receive the funds from where it is presently deposited and disburse the

money to cancer research institutes, churches, orphanages home, handicaps,

widows and widowers and other deserving charity organizations. Indicate

your willingness to assist me by responding to this email so I can provide

you more details.

Reply here: [email protected]

Regards,

Perry Lindsey Candis

I'd probably email back "lol rather you than me" tbf :)