Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Englands women's football team. On all different shows last few weeks strutting around like there something special and people calling them heros can **** right off. They ****ing failed they finished 3 so why give them praise. We live in a country that celebrates ****ing failure absolute joke. If they made it to final fair enough but they didnt so **** off lionesses it actually sends a cringe feeling when i hear that word.

If we are celebrating mediocrity and below, your above post should get a few thousand +1's.

• Like 2

Englands women's football team. On all different shows last few weeks strutting around like there something special and people calling them heros can **** right off. They ****ing failed they finished 3 so why give them praise. We live in a country that celebrates ****ing failure absolute joke. If they made it to final fair enough but they didnt so **** off lionesses it actually sends a cringe feeling when i hear that word.

Well you know, it's always good for an England team in any sport to remind you what winning looks like - they're heroes for that.

You have to laugh when people who normally take pleasure in any English team losing go out of their way to tell us how great the England women's team is. :D

Eh, I take pleasure in the England football team losing, not least because the players tend to be either utter twats (Rooney) or some dopey twat that the media are desperately fighting over to give them the milky shower first (Kane) - the entire set up is pretty naff. I wanted them to do well while Vardy was playing, because he's city, just as I quite like the england rugby side because there's usually reasonable Tigers representation.

Still, if I'm supposed to just be enjoying any english failure rather than just that of the football team - how's the ashes going?

Eh, I take pleasure in the England football team losing, not least because the players tend to be either utter twats (Rooney) or some dopey twat that the media are desperately fighting over to give them the milky shower first (Kane) - the entire set up is pretty naff. I wanted them to do well while Vardy was playing, because he's city, just as I quite like the england rugby side because there's usually reasonable Tigers representation.

Still, if I'm supposed to just be enjoying any english failure rather than just that of the football team - how's the ashes going?

are you scottish or plastic scottish or english or finnegan?

• Like 1

harsh. they are largely laughed off for their actual ability but 3rd place is still a phenomenal achievement for them (without wanting to patronize)

maybe their achievement is over hyped due to the fact they are women but still, they deserve their 15 minutes.

BRILLIANT....   :chant:  Awesome..  :appl: 3rd best comment ive read today  Well done! +1

(to be fair, ive only read the Cambiasso thread so far to day, so the competition wasnt great)

;)

Edited by ozleicester

but you support scottish teams?

When did leicester become part of Scotland? I support the Scottish national sides because they aren't completely without redemption, likewise I support the England rugby side because, particularly with the Tigers contingent they are likable. I just don't support the England men's football side, and that's because there's rarely a city player in there, and the team usually consists of utter bellends.

So you pick and choose which English teams you dislike, what a patriotic guy.

"I love my country more than anyone else, and for precisely that reason, I insist on the right to question her perpetually."

Picking and choosing because there might be fault with something about your country is more patriotic than following them blindly. That doesn't just apply to sport teams, either.

You knew I meant national sides, pretty weird that in my opinion, picking and choosing sides because they're more likeable.

Why? I don't identify with the assortment of overpriveleged vagabonds that make up the England football side, nor is there a point of pride in seeing the side I support represented like there was with Vardy in June or with the England rugby side most of the time. I like to see the Scotland sides do well because they're respectable, they might be poor but at least they try, I like to see the England rugby side do well because there's a point of pride in seeing tigers players out there. I wanted England to do well in vardys cameo because there's a point of pride in seeing him get there, but why would I cheer on the likes of Rooney and terry, whom I have no identity with and whom I cannot respect?

David Cameron wanting the UK to do more airstrikes in Syria.

Surely this would make IS retaliate?

It's like 2003 again, it's not really our problem as it's not in our land; what we need to do is ensure no-one else goes to Syria via Turkey!

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I think the Doctor  has a point although I support England. Mainly through habit. There may be still some pride playing for an England team but but the team selection process seems wrong wherehas teams like Scotland to be picked  may be their only chance. players like Rooney place  in the team is a certainty not because they are good but because it is good  for the FA image.

I think the Doctor has a point although I support England. Mainly through habit. There may be still some pride playing for an England team but but the team selection process seems wrong wherehas teams like Scotland to be picked may be their only chance. players like Rooney place in the team is a certainty not because they are good but because it is good for the FA image.

what? Yeah it's brilliant for the FA's image that the man who cheated on his wife for some old bint, Rooney is a certainty for the national side a) because he's the captain and b) he's been the most consistent English striker over the past 10 years

I think the Doctor  has a point although I support England. Mainly through habit. There may be still some pride playing for an England team but but the team selection process seems wrong wherehas teams like Scotland to be picked  may be their only chance. players like Rooney place  in the team is a certainty not because they are good but because it is good  for the FA image.

Why? I don't identify with the assortment of overpriveleged vagabonds that make up the England football side, nor is there a point of pride in seeing the side I support represented like there was with Vardy in June or with the England rugby side most of the time. I like to see the Scotland sides do well because they're respectable, they might be poor but at least they try, I like to see the England rugby side do well because there's a point of pride in seeing tigers players out there. I wanted England to do well in vardys cameo because there's a point of pride in seeing him get there, but why would I cheer on the likes of Rooney and terry, whom I have no identity with and whom I cannot respect?

If Scotland had a player who was half as good as Rooney he would be the first name on the sheet every time.

If Scotland had a player who was half as good as Rooney he would be the first name on the sheet every time.

True but they don't so that's pretty much irrelevant. Besides, my problem with Rooney is he's an arrogant stroppy man child, not his footballing ability