Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
martyn

Cheap Football Shirts

Anyone know where to find any cheap England shirts?

If your not desperate and willing to wait, as Finners has said, a week or two before the tournament places like Sports Direct lower the prices quite a lot. Summer tournament fever an' all that.

Edited by HEGGSY

Whats the deal with the gigantic St Pauli love anyway? Not having a pop, just don;t get it, unless I'm missing something obvious (which is always a possibility lol)

I can't speak for the others (though I assume its something to do with their vocal ultras and politics) but for me it's always been about music.

They're the worlds biggest iconic punk symbol in sport and that's very much my scene, in particular I'm a big Turbonegro fan which is how I discovered Sankt Pauli in the first place.

I can't speak for the others (though I assume its something to do with their vocal ultras and politics) but for me it's always been about music.

They're the worlds biggest iconic punk symbol in sport and that's very much my scene, in particular I'm a big Turbonegro fan which is how I discovered Sankt Pauli in the first place.

Ah, well how about that, you learn something new every day. I knew they had some pretty damn vocal support etc, but I didnt know it was down to a huge punk following etc. I'm sure I've either read or heard about them being linked to some pretty nazi-esque type shiz and rioting too, but, not being a follower of them, I dont know much behind that and I'm sure one of you guys will lay down the truth about that :thumbup:

Edited by Darkon84

You're on the right lines you've just got it backwards. They are famous for their anti-fascist policies and their ultras often target other clubs with heavy far-right leaning politics which used to be a problem in Germany.

One of their most bitter rivals, Hansa Rostock (heavy metal pussies!) are known to have very right wing elements.

You're on the right lines you've just got it backwards. They are famous for their anti-fascist policies and their ultras often target other clubs with heavy far-right leaning politics which used to be a problem in Germany.

One of their most bitter rivals, Hansa Rostock (heavy metal pussies!) are known to have very right wing elements.

Ah yes, now you say it, and mention Hansa, it rings a few bells. I think it was a clash with them , that I read about, and over time, my memory has become muddled and I've switched them around. Nice one for that mate.

I can't speak for the others (though I assume its something to do with their vocal ultras and politics)

This is my reason. That and the fact that they play some great football as well, also the fact that there sort of unique in a way, when you think of German football you tend to think of Bayern , Dortmund, Leverkusen ect. but for me its Pauli.

From Wiki.

St. Pauli enjoys a certain fame for the left-leaning character of its supporters: most of the team's fans regard themselves as anti-racist, anti-fascist, anti-homophobic and anti-sexist, and this has on occasion brought them into conflict with neo-Nazis and hooligans at away games.

All about the politics of the fans for me, I have massive respect for a club that is so utterly principled and in tune with its fanbase.

There's also the eccentricity of the club which adds a certain level of charm.

Sometimes I wish we were an English St.Pauli, it'd be brilliant. :D

All about the politics of the fans for me, I have massive respect for a club that is so utterly principled and in tune with its fanbase.

There's also the eccentricity of the club which adds a certain level of charm.

Sometimes I wish we were an English St.Pauli, it'd be brilliant. :D

Agreed.