Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

You would want Paire or Janowicz in the Semis.

Anybody else it would be a bit shit. 

It's well within his capabilities to cruise into the final now, he's not really the type to get complacent either. Looking at the draw the BBC lied to me last night Almagro is the highest seed left in Murrays side not Ranoic, and he's another one who isn't suited to grass. 

It's well within his capabilities to cruise into the final now, he's not really the type to get complacent either. Looking at the draw the BBC lied to me last night Almagro is the highest seed left in Murrays side not Ranoic, and he's another one who isn't suited to grass. 

Yep Almagro is 100% a Clay Courter, Grass is probably his least favourite surface. 

I would prefer Paire or Janowicz to make the Semis, big fan of Jerzy since he burst on the scene at the Paris Masters last year, where he beat Murray in fact. 

He has all the serve and power under the sun, but he has lovely touch as well, some of his drop shots he can do are just amazing. 

Talking of Raonic, he is in trouble himself today, 2 sets down atm. 

Almagro has a decent game on grass, but if they met on this surface Murray would tear him apart.

Janowicz would be closer, but I think the crowd backing him and the big mindset for Slams that Murray would have would make sure he comes through. 

Speaking of the potential SF I still really can't think who is going to make it to face Murray. It's a total gamble.

It's amazing how its gone from Murray having a nightmare draw to an almost clear run to the final. I know Djokovic is world number 1, and is so for a reason, but suddenly his quarter and half look tricky. Berdych potentially in the quarters, he's no mug on grass. Took Federer out at that stage a couple of years back. Then Ferrer or Del Potro in the semis. Del Potro is probably the bigger threat on grass, but Ferrer will battle for every point. I expect Djokovic to reach the final but I don't think it will be easy, there's a couple of banana skins in his way.

Hopefully they put Laura on if this can be finished quickly by Djokovic

Read this is the last game regardless which seems daft/strange given they can play on till 11.

Could get 2 ladies games in!.

Sounds like its going to rain for most of tomorrow...

Edited by Super_horns

Andrew Castle is possibly the most annoying sport commentator in existence (especially when commentating on Murray matches). John Lloyd runs a close second. 

Why do the BBC persist with them both?

Get Petchey or Cotter and MacEnroe with Cash and Henman backing them up for Murray matches. So many better options than Castle/Lloyd.

Andrew Castle is possibly the most annoying sport commentator in existence (especially when commentating on Murray matches). John Lloyd runs a close second. 

Why do the BBC persist with them both?

Get Petchey or Cotter and MacEnroe with Cash and Henman backing them up for Murray matches. So many better options than Castle/Lloyd.

He couldn't be any more smug. Everytime I see him on TV I think he's a complete bastard.

What's with the ladies draw - 4 of the top 10 are left and Kvitova is in trouble too.

A very strange Wimbledon indeed.

All good for Andy and Laura though.

The bottom half of the Women's is a mess.

Kvitova has been poor for a while, Makarova is a good player and can be a danger to the top seeds.

You almost feel the way its going the only thing to stop Serena will be an unfortunate injury/illness.

Have a nagging feeling Murray will have a tough match in a quarter/semi final - playing somebody like the Polish chap with nothing to lose who looks like a top prospect.

Edited by Super_horns

You almost feel the way its going the only thing to stop Serena will be an unfortunate injury/illness.

Have a nagging feeling Murray will have a tough match in a quarter/semi final - playing somebody like the Polish chap with nothing to lose who looks like a top prospect.

If Janowicz comes onto the court all guns firing, Murray may have trouble. But he does blow very hot and cold. Wouldn't actually surprise me all that much if he lost to Melzer next round if he has an off day.

It's unreal that one of Melzer, Janowicz, Mannarino or Kubot/Paire will make it to the semi finals, just shows how extraordinary this tournament has been. If Murray doesn't make it to the final then he doesn't deserve to ever win a Wimbledon because this could be his easiest opportunity. My shout is for a Serb to knock Murray out (and not Djokovic btw lol ). Hoping big Vik can make it through against Youzhny and then give Murray a good battle but whether it be Youzhny or Troicki, it should in theory be a walkover with an extra days rest behind him!