Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Funny you should say that, I think Bradley Wiggins is a dick too.

Fair enough, I just think judging these sports guys characters on the limited pressure-filled windows we see them in is a bit harsh.

I don't dislike Murray myself, fair play for him wearing that football shirt when we played whoever it was.

I'd expect nothing less of anyone upholding a bit of rivalry.

Media-based myth about the football shirt - been debunked several times.

Did make a joke when ribbed by Tim Henman at WC2006 that lots of Englishmen took personally, and still do. 

Fair enough, I just think judging these sports guys characters on the limited pressure-filled windows we see them in is a bit harsh.

Media-based myth about the football shirt - been debunked several times.

Did make a joke when ribbed by Tim Henman at WC2006 that lots of Englishmen took personally, and still do. 

What was the joke? lol

I was dubious as to whether it was true. Jocks are that stingy they get mad enough at buying their own shirt at £40 nevermind one they'll only wear once!

What was the joke? lol

I was dubious as to whether it was true. Jocks are that stingy they get mad enough at buying their own shirt at £40 nevermind one they'll only wear once!

Henman asked him if Scotland had qualied for the WC, then asked him who he'd be supporting. Murray then laughed and said "anyone but England." Anyone in the press conference could see it was a joke but the media morons ran with it anyway. And it grew in the telling - that shirt story is just one branch I've heard of.

Break up in the 3rd set - could be over soon.

• Like 1

Henman asked him if Scotland had qualied for the WC, then asked him who he'd be supporting. Murray then laughed and said "anyone but England." Anyone in the press conference could see it was a joke but the media morons ran with it anyway. And it grew in the telling - that shirt story is just one branch I've heard of.

Break up in the 3rd set - could be over soon.

lol

I suppose the thing I'll disagree with is the fact that whatever he wins he won't think, 'I'm doing this for Britain' he'd be thinking, 'I'm doing tis to make my fellow Scots proud'

I don't blame him for this. If I was representing Britain I'd only actually be bothered about the English I was representing.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

lol

I suppose the thing I'll disagree with is the fact that whatever he wins he won't think, 'I'm doing this for Britain' he'd be thinking, 'I'm doing tis to make my fellow Scots proud'

I don't blame him for this. If I was representing Britain I'd only actually be bothered about the English I was representing.

I dunno...I reckon he'll just be doing it for himself. And hopefully to boost the profile of tennis in the country.

Apart from the Olympics anyway - where he was belting out GSTQ with a gold medal around his neck.

lol

Exactly.

Yes he is British, but he's Scottish first and foremost.

It annoys me when people get revved up about his patriotism. We'd all 'claim' to be English in his situation.

I like how he knows that it gets people worked up though. He's a troll lol

I don't like Murray either.

It's not because he's a jock either, because I am a fan of Chris Hoy, Paul Di Resta etc.

I don't know why, I just can't abide the bloke.

Fair enough - Federer winds me up for no good reason either. Smoothly arrogant in the Schumacher mould. Was glad Stako took him down a peg or two this year. 

Exactly.

Yes he is British, but he's Scottish first and foremost.

It annoys me when people get revved up about his patriotism. We'd all 'claim' to be English in his situation.

I like how he knows that it gets people worked up though. He's a troll lol

He's a bloody good one then, because he seems to take great pains not to get involved in the nationality debate despite every bloke wanting him to.

Laura Robson is well fit! How is she still only 19 though lol

To me she always seems like a child, Emma Watson as well, it must be because they became media property when they were really young, for that I couldn't say she's 'well fit' as you put it. Attractive yes but it's that child thing that would stop me.

That Sabine though, now she is fit, not at Sharapova levels but seeing as she has left Sabine will have to do now!

To me she always seems like a child, Emma Watson as well, it must be because they became media property when they were really young, for that I couldn't say she's 'well fit' as you put it. Attractive yes but it's that child thing that would stop me.

That Sabine though, now she is fit, not at Sharapova levels but seeing as she has left Sabine will have to do now!

I used to think Robbo was really cute when she was about 16 (in fairness I'm only 2 years older), but her face has got a bit fatter since.

Lisicki looks pretty fine until she shows her teeth off.

Sabine Lisicki may not be the hottest around, well clearly she isn't, I could name 10 players hotter than her. 

But it's the attitude and enjoyment she has when on court, which makes her enjoyable and lovable to watch. 

You could see in her post match interview, how much it meant to her, fantastic girl and a fantastic player.

But sometimes it can be harder to back up these big wins, we seen it last year when Sabine beat Sharapova, she then lost to Kerber in the next round, hopefully it doesn't happen again. I have nothing against Kanepi, she is a quality player and was always one of the most dangerous non seeded players left in the draw, but I just don't want her beating two of my favourites in a row.