Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Sabine Lisicki may not be the hottest around, well clearly she isn't, I could name 10 players hotter than her. 

But it's the attitude and enjoyment she has when on court, which makes her enjoyable and lovable to watch. 

You could see in her post match interview, how much it meant to her, fantastic girl and a fantastic player.

But sometimes it can be harder to back up these big wins, we seen it last year when Sabine beat Sharapova, she then lost to Kerber in the next round, hopefully it doesn't happen again. I have nothing against Kanepi, she is a quality player and was always one of the most dangerous non seeded players left in the draw, but I just don't want her beating two of my favourites in a row.

She just seems really charming. Always smiling, it looks like she genuinely enjoys playing at Wimbledon even when she loses a point or a big call. I hope she wins it.

Just watching the highlights, missed nearly all the action today. Haven't seen Bartoli play for a while, forgot how weird her service action is! But also how chunky does she look. Ok she not obese, she's no Lisa Riley, but for a professional sportswoman, she looks quite large.

Not hampered her though, she's in the semis.

Just watching the highlights, missed nearly all the action today. Haven't seen Bartoli play for a while, forgot how weird her service action is! But also how chunky does she look. Ok she not obese, she's no Lisa Riley, but for a professional sportswoman, she looks quite large.

Not hampered her though, she's in the semis.

She has always had that chunky look... she moves well though and gets down to the ball well so she must be in some sort of good shape.

She has always had that chunky look... she moves well though and gets down to the ball well so she must be in some sort of good shape.

Well she always been short so doesn't have that long slim look a lot of the tall players have, but they showed some clips from when she reached the final in 2007 I think it was, and she looked much slimmer.

Can see Lisicki winning this.

Think so too, which probably means she'll lost 6-0,6-0 in the semi now!

Does seem the most comfortable of the 4 left on grass.

Not heard much about he girl who beat Kvitova but she is seeded 20th so clearly not a bad player.

Edited by Super_horns

Wouldn't surprise me if Radwanska beats Lisicki, even if she is better on Grass. Radwanska can be frustrating to play against, quick, get's a lot of balls back in court, and has a good Tennis brain, uses some different shots very well.

Not surprised to see Kvitova lose either, since 2011 when she won Wimbledon, the past year she has been very poor, fitness, footwork and her game have all gone off the boil, maybe it's a coaching thing as well, because she usually has her coach with her, and the only tournament she has won this year was in Dubai, and guess what...her coach wasn't with her. 

Flipkens has risen up the rankings in the past year, unusual style of game, but it's worked for the past two weeks. Pretty surprising she has got this far, but she has proven she's capable, don't see much of her, but she played Radwanska a couple of months back and I have to say it was one of the matches of the year so far, and now at Wimbledon she has only dropped one set, and she probably deserved to beat Kvitova in the end. 

Anybody like reading Kingfox's player/tournament summary blatantly ripped off from pundits points of view?

I know my Tennis and I'm a frequent watcher whenever it's on Sky and Eurosport.

And I watched Kvitova play that Dubai tournament, and I watched that Radwanska v Flipkens match a couple months back, so I'm not going on what pundits say.

I know my Tennis and I'm a frequent watcher whenever it's on Sky and Eurosport.

And I watched Kvitova play that Dubai tournament, and I watched that Radwanska v Flipkens match a couple months back, so I'm not going on what pundits say.

If you say so, but your summaries read very much like what I've been hearing bbc pundits come out with. Fair enough you watch tennis a lot, so do I, I'm male and live alone 90% of my tv viewing is sport, but I've seen you talking about players ranked right down in the 200's this week. You must watch more tennis than the people who actually follow the sport around the world writing about it for a living, and never leave your house. Along side the amount of snooker you just watch year round following your world snooker championship summaries, (where incidentally you were giving in depth summaries of both matches that were being played simultaneously) and the football I assume you enjoy as football is what brings you here initially. Add all that to the "banter" you spout on here, do you actually do anything?

Guest MattP

If you say so, but your summaries read very much like what I've been hearing bbc pundits come out with. Fair enough you watch tennis a lot, so do I, I'm male and live alone 90% of my tv viewing is sport, but I've seen you talking about players ranked right down in the 200's this week. You must watch more tennis than the people who actually follow the sport around the world writing about it for a living, and never leave your house. Along side the amount of snooker you just watch year round following your world snooker championship summaries, (where incidentally you were giving in depth summaries of both matches that were being played simultaneously) and the football I assume you enjoy as football is what brings you here initially. Add all that to the "banter" you spout on here, do you actually do anything?

To be fair I know them all even down to the Gianluca Naso's and the Ryan Sweeting's of the challenger tour due to a gambling addiction that sees me betting on ATP Luxembourg on Bet365 when I'm supposed to be working.

Probably do, but I just go on what I see, of course pundits might say similar. But I watch a lot of Tennis, my second favourite sport after football, then I would list Snooker 3rd on my list. Most of the players I mentioned lower ranked, are the youngsters, like Monica Puig, Eugenie Bouchard etc...

Since leaving School I've not really done anything apart from a few shitty courses which didn't go according to plan, but I'm hoping to start work in September, so I will be on here less. 

To be fair I know them all even down to the Gianluca Naso's and the Ryan Sweeting's of the challenger tour due to a gambling addiction that sees me betting on ATP Luxembourg on Bet365 when I'm supposed to be working.

To be fair I know the Ryan Sweetings of the sport too, as to whether I could reel off an in depth insight into his style of play and form over the past sixth month, including summaries of previous matches against potential opponents he had coming up, without research, I doubt very much

To be fair I know the Ryan Sweetings of the sport too, as to whether I could reel off an in depth insight into his style of play and form over the past sixth month, including summaries of previous matches against potential opponents he had coming up, without research, I doubt very much

He is American is all I know. 

I'm more into the Women's side though, that might shock a few of you, the way I've been acting lately  lol  lol

He is American is all I know.

I'm more into the Women's side though, that might shock a few of you, the way I've been acting lately lollol

That does surprise me lol thought you had a Rafa thing going on!