Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

That does surprise me lol thought you had a Rafa thing going on!

Rafa is my favourite, and I enjoy his arse picking ritual.

But I just prefer Women, not because some of them are hot, I would rather sit through a 3 set match rather than a 5 set match, especially in the early round of majors.

Plus I'm a member of Tennisforum.com, the second best forum after FoxesTalk  :ph34r:

Back to the Radwanska thing I can see her beating Liscki as well. I think she has the best technical tennis ability on the tour and consistantly gets the ball in her problem is she gets powered off the court too often and I am not sure Liscki will be able to manage that. Should be a good match though.

Guest MattP

I'd all over Lisicki to be honest, Li Na isn't too good on grass at all I thought Radwanska struggled with her. Lisicki could blow her off court and the Pole is starting to look quite drained.

Going with Ferrer, Janowicz, Muzzer and Nole today.

I'd all over Lisicki to be honest, Li Na isn't too good on grass at all I thought Radwanska struggled with her. Lisicki could blow her off court and the Pole is starting to look quite drained.

Going with Ferrer, Janowicz, Muzzer and Nole today.

Good shouts, agree with the lot.

Might be worth getting on Del P - Ferrer going the distance too, Ferrer will break him down but it may take a long time. Also Nole to beat Berdych in 4, with at least one TB involved.

Guest MattP

Good shouts, agree with the lot.

Might be worth getting on Del P - Ferrer going the distance too, Ferrer will break him down but it may take a long time. Also Nole to beat Berdych in 4, with at least one TB involved.

Can definitely see Tomas taking a set, didn't he beat Novak here a few years back in the Semis?

Del Po v Ferrer could last a long long time!

To be fair I know them all even down to the Gianluca Naso's and the Ryan Sweeting's of the challenger tour due to a gambling addiction that sees me betting on ATP Luxembourg on Bet365 when I'm supposed to be working.

Not tennis related but I'm a bastard for Chinese Basketball on B365.

• Like 2

Can definitely see Tomas taking a set, didn't he beat Novak here a few years back in the Semis?

He did in 2010, straight sets too. Mind you, that was before Nole went on his insane world no.1 spree. 

Djokovic 3-1 @ 3.5 and Ferrer 3-2 @ 6.0 are looking nice. 

Berdych won their most recent encounter too, but that was over 3 sets and on clay I think.

Why do they not have the roof closed when the sky looks like this? They were being morons about it yesterday. They've spent £100m on it but they were interrupted twice before they considered closing it.

Because it's an outdoor tournament that's supposed to be played outdoor if possible and there is no rain forecast in London today despite the heavy cloud?

Berdych is capable of beating Djokovic, and it wouldn't surprise me if he pulls it off today, but as some of you say Djokovic in four is realistic. 

Ferrer and Del Potro could go either way, but Ferrer has dropped some sets and of course isn't that good on Grass, as he prefers Clay. 

Hopefully Janowicz and Murray come through, because I've been raving about this potential semi final, ever since Tsonga and Federer went out.

Because it's an outdoor tournament that's supposed to be played outdoor if possible and there is no rain forecast in London today despite the heavy cloud?

What about yesterday, was the rain forecast then? You'd think they'd have some common sense and play it safe rather than trusting the ever reliable forecast.

That argument is bollocks. Nobody gives a crap whether it's 'outdoor' or not, they just want to get on with it without any interruptions. The players don't want their rhythm and focus disrupted, and the fans who have paid good money don't want to be sitting around in the rain not watching anything and perhaps not being able to see then whole match.

It's just the typical silly old fashioned British mentality. To have that kind of technology and be reluctant to use it.

What about yesterday, was the rain forecast then? You'd think they'd have some common sense and play it safe rather than trusting the ever reliable forecast.

That argument is bollocks. Nobody gives a crap whether it's 'outdoor' or not, they just want to get on with it without any interruptions. The players don't want their rhythm and focus disrupted, and the fans who have paid good money don't want to be sitting around in the rain not watching anything and perhaps not being able to see then whole match.

It's just the typical silly old fashioned British mentality. To have that kind of technology and be reluctant to use it.

I can bet you some of the purists do.  

That fall looked terrible!

Indeed many people do. It's an outdoor tournament, it has been for the last 130-odd years. The roof will only be used as an absolute last resort.

Of course people care lol, outside game is totally different to the indoor game it's supposed to be an outdoor tournament, and it's not "typically British" at all we were one of the firsts to implement most others major tournaments are yet to follow!

And I do believe there was rain forecast yesterday was there not they just didn't pull it across until it started? and besides it takes all of what? 40 minutes to pull the roof across when there are only two games being played today. If needed fine pull it across but don't go closing it every time there is a small chance of drizzle that's not what the tournament is about, at all. Take today for instance they'd be playing inside now when there is no need what so ever to do so going by your way of thinking. May as well close it 24/7 and not even bother playing outdoor.

Of course people care lol, outside game is totally different to the indoor game it's supposed to be an outdoor tournament, and it's not "typically British" at all we were one of the firsts to implement most others major tournaments are yet to follow!

And I do believe there was rain forecast yesterday was there not they just didn't pull it across until it started? and besides it takes all of what? 40 minutes to pull the roof across when there are only two games being played today. If needed fine pull it across but don't go closing it every time there is a small chance of drizzle that's not what the tournament is about, at all. Take today for instance they'd be playing inside now when there is no need what so ever to do so going by your way of thinking. May as well close it 24/7 and not even bother playing outdoor.

I really don't see how there's a massive difference. I think the 'purists' need to think practical.

If I'm a player and I'm on a roll I don't want a 40 minute break. Isn't that what's important, the competitors? If I was one of them I'd be pissed off that they didn't have the foresight to make sure the match wasn't interrupted. The tournament is all about tennis, whether it's 'outside' or not is a minor thing.

How do you excuse them not closing it yesteday then when it actually was raining?