Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Guest MattP

There was something in the air that night

The stars were bright, Fernando

They were shining there for you and me

For liberty, Fernando

That's freaky as anything, I was just about to come on and write The stars were bright Fernando :D

I really don't see how there's a massive difference. I think the 'purists' need to think practical.

If I'm a player and I'm on a roll I don't want a 40 minute break. Isn't that what's important, the competitors? If I was one of them I'd be pissed off that they didn't have the foresight to make sure the match wasn't interrupted. The tournament is all about tennis, whether it's 'outside' or not is a minor thing.

How do you excuse them not closing it yesteday then when it actually was raining?

It's not a minor thing at all its a massive thing if you asked the competitors I would imagine 90% would prefer to give it a go without the roof up if it's not raining and closing it when it starts and the crowd would say the same, it's like today if you had your way they'd of missed out on a nice days play and for what just to be sure, like I say you go down that route you may as well make it an indoor tournament it's a waste of time, not even any  rain foretasted today ffs! As someone else has said it's should be used as a last resort not a just in case mechanism it's not what the tournament is about.

I didn't see what went on with it yesterday was working but it's quite simple if it starts raining and it looks like its going to be fairly sustained close the roof in not keep it open that's always what the plan was an what it was designed for. If they were slow in closing it then I wouldn't agree with it (I don't need to excuse them it's their tournament and their club they can do what they want lol) but I suspect it's because the majority of them are even more against putting it over unless needed than I am.

Edited by Manwell Pablo