Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Grow up.

It is no surprise people hate us English when we have idiots like you expressing your views.

another of the 70 percent w=ho don't like a different opinion to yours grow up. 

Fair play to Murray. Verdasco's the real winner though, I mean look at that hair. Didn't fall out of place once. The man deserves his own advert if he's not already got one. I can't imagine Murray's bald patch and receding hair line doing him many favours. He'll be bald by 30.

lol  Agree with this. Agassi-style bonehead cut on the horizon methinks.  :thumbup:

Guest MattP

another of the 70 percent w=ho don't like a different opinion to yours grow up. 

I'm going to regret asking this but what is the 70%?

Anyway I'm over and out for a bit, gonna attempt pissing with a cut finger and plaster, won't be able to hold my penis properly so it could get messy.

Talking of messy, instead of giving Leicesterpool the attention he wants, why don't you guys get messy over this pic.

64149_561075467258091_227454921_n.jpg

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Bet some of you are surprised it's not another topless pic of Jerzy.

Ciao

What i can't work out is, it's like a forest fan coming out and saying "I hate Leicester City, and there fans are scum" would you still cheer him on,

This is what Andy Murray things about the english, it's got nothing to do with him being scottish either. I can't simply cheer on someone whose made it publicly clear that he hates the english! Yet if you said I hate scottish your deemed racist,

TBF Froch has never said anything against Leicester (Not that I know of) and i'm sure i've seen people on here want him to lose for simply being a Forest fan.

'Anyone but England' said as a joke with him and Tim Henman laughing isn't really the same as ""I hate England, and the people are scum" really is it?

It would be as moronic as a Leicester fan not supporting Carl Froch against an American because he said he wanted Watford to beat us in the play offs.

See my above point, Froch has said nothing against Leicester (To my knowledge) yet i've seen people on here want him to lose for simply supporting Forest.

It was a joke. Scottish people don't like the English much shocker!

If we had a half decent English player people would cheer them on, Murray is the only option.

And I thought it was the Irish you didn't like? :whistle:

I never liked Henman either, he was a stuck up, snobby twat lacking personality, so my dislike for Murray isn't necceserilly due to him simply being Scottish, I simply just don't like the monotone willy puller.

Edited by Matt

Haha have a day off mate!! He said he'd support anyone but England as a joke after Henman made a joke about Scotland. Him hating the English is a complete myth. Hope he wins it!

I wouldn't say it's a complete myth. I'm pretty sure he does want England to lose when they play football. Most Scottish people do. I'm sure he doesn't 'hate' us. But he obviously doesn't consider himself one of us. Which is fine, but it works both ways, cos neither do I.

Not sure why people get up tight about people not liking Murray tbh. I mean I don't really care, but he's not exactly easy to like is he? Like it or not he is a miserable bastard who has said some pro-Scottish/anti-English things before, jokes they may be. He's just not very endearing and I'm not sure why people should be expected to support him because he's British.

I've never understood this patriotism thing. It's the same with Carl Froch - I don't like a bloke from Scotland/Nottingham more than a bloke from Spain or some other country. Why would I? I know more likeable Spanish people in real life than Jocks or Forest fans. No offence to Jocks. I don't consider England or Britain personal to me like I do Leicester.

I can sort of see it when it's the football (I used to anyway, not so much now) and rugby cos it's a team game. Or even the olympics. But tennis is an individual sport, they don't care about the country they're representing.

Edited by Kitchandro

You could say the same about the Forest and Leicester rivalry. But anyway back to the tennis.

It is somewhat different when it is a team, Murray is just well him and I don't get those British whether English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh dont get behind him.. Also I don't hate Froch despite the fact he supports Forest.

I'm going to regret asking this but what is the 70%?

70 percent of leicester fans on here stick together whilst the 30 percent get slagged off called names etc, when there opinion is different .if we all agreed it would be a pointlless and boring

I wouldn't say it's a complete myth. I'm pretty sure he does want England to lose when they play football. Most Scottish people do. I'm sure he doesn't 'hate' us. But he obviously doesn't consider himself one of us.

Not sure why people get up tight about people not liking Murray tbh. I mean I don't really care, but he's not exactly easy to like is he? Like it or not he is a miserable bastard who has said some pro-Scottish/anti-English things before, jokes they may be. He's just not very endearing and I'm not sure why people should be expected to support him because he's British.

I've never understood this patriotism thing. It's the same with Carl Froch - I don't like a bloke from Scotland/Nottingham more than a bloke from Spain or some other country. Why would I? I know more likeable Spanish people in real life than Jocks or Forest fans. No offence to Jocks. I don't consider England or Britain personal to me like I do Leicester.

I can sort of see it when it's the football (I used to anyway, not so much now) and rugby cos it's a team game. Or even the olympics. But tennis is an individual sport, they don't care about the country they're representing.

Fair points. Met a few people who didn't support Murray for the reasons you said, and it's of course their say.

What really gets me though is someone saying they'll support anyone who is playing him on account of some ignorant, misconceived slight 7 years ago. 

There's a world of difference between not supporting someone, and supporting whoever they are playing for no good reason.

lol

TBF Froch has never said anything against Leicester (Not that I know of) and i'm sure i've seen people on here want him to lose for simply being a Forest fan.

See my above point, Froch has said nothing against Leicester (To my knowledge) yet i've seen people on here want him to lose for simply supporting Forest.

I never liked Henman either, he was a stuck up, snobby twat lacking personality, so my dislike for Murray isn't necceserilly due to him simply being Scottish, I simply just don't like the monotone willy puller.

Guest MattP

70 percent of leicester fans on here stick together whilst the 30 percent get slagged off called names etc, when there opinion is different .if we all agreed it would be a pointlless and boring

Far more than 30% on here get called names, it's part of the fun.

I agree with that fact, if we all agreed it would be boring lol

Yeah, I love the to and fro on here.

But if someones argument on certain matters is full of holes, I'll take great pleasure in pointing each and every one of them out. Gods only knows the right-wingers on here do it to me over on General Chat.  lol

Far more than 30% on here get called names, it's part of the fun.

and very immature . people need to engage there brains before typing. its amazing what anger managerment sessions have done for me :P some of you need to go its great lol

Fair points. Met a few people who didn't support Murray for the reasons you said, and it's of course their say.

What really gets me though is someone saying they'll support anyone who is playing him on account of some ignorant, misconceived slight 7 years ago. 

There's a world of difference between not supporting someone, and supporting whoever they are playing for no good reason.

Yeh that's fair enough. People do get too irate about it. My Dad was absolutely gutted he managed to win today lol

I have wanted him to lose in the past but I'm not bothered now. I quite enjoyed his comeback today and I'd like him to give Djokovic a good game for more entertainment.

I wouldn't say it's a complete myth. I'm pretty sure he does want England to lose when they play football. Most Scottish people do. I'm sure he doesn't 'hate' us. But he obviously doesn't consider himself one of us. Which is fine, but it works both ways, cos neither do I.

Yeah I'm sure he does, just like I want Scotland to lose, Wales to lose etc etc. He doesn't hate us though as some have suggested, not at all.

Guest ttfn

Murray seems pretty easy to like to me. He's down to earth, he doesn't pander to the press, he keeps himself to himself. I wish more top sportsmen were like him.

Just because Murray doesn't care about the country he's representing, doesn't mean we shouldn't care about him. How many of the City squad do you think genuinely give a shit about anything other than personal success and advancing their careers? I think you'd struggle to name 3 or 4, and even they'd be dubious. And yet you care about City.

Your argument's a complete nonsense.

What is wrong with not liking someone else's opinion?

Surely that is the whole point of having your own opinion.....

thats what i an saying we all have different opinions and you are never going to agree on anything, but when mud gets thrown thats when it gets out of hand

Murray seems pretty easy to like to me. He's down to earth, he doesn't pander to the press, he keeps himself to himself. I wish more top sportsmen were like him.

Just because Murray doesn't care about the country he's representing, doesn't mean we shouldn't care about him. How many of the City squad do you think genuinely give a shit about anything other than personal success and advancing their careers? I think you'd struggle to name 3 or 4, and even they'd be dubious. And yet you care about City.

have you not seen the way he acts on court. fist every shot he makes it gets on your nerves and seems to sulk when things go against him. for the good of god please please please i hope he fails and never wins another grand slam

What is wrong with not liking someone else's opinion?

Surely that is the whole point of having your own opinion.....

I see his point though and i've raised a similar point in the past.

Say a majority have the same opinion, the minority that have a different opinion just get abused, whether it be slagged off, called names, e.t.c, now I don't mind arguement, discussion, difference of opinion but i'd prefer if it was discussed, opinions exchanged, give or take in the odd arguements, agreement and disagreements accepted, agreeing to disagree, e.t.c, slagging people off? calling people names? swearing at people? just becuase they have a different opinion? To me that says they havn't got the interlect or can't graps the idea of discussion and conversation.

Don't get me wrong I think alot of people on here (And in the world in general) need to toughen up, wake up, not get so offended at the slightest thing and what i've explained above (Slagging people that don't agree off, calling them names, swearing at them) doesn't upset me or offend me (Far from it) however I just don't see the point of a forum, or expressing opinion or having discussion and arguement if the majority won't accept or discuss and argue their points in a correct manner rather than just write the opinions of the minority and instead just slag them off and write abusive replys.

Edited by Matt

Guest ttfn

have you not seen the way he acts on court. fist every shot he makes it gets on your nerves and seems to sulk when things go against him. for the good of god please please please i hope he fails and never wins another grand slam

lol 

Man in caring about his performance shocker.

Hoping for the failure of somebody who has done nothing but work hard at his game is pathetic.

:rolleyes:  But I think you'll find, that in my argument, I did say it was different because they are team games. Those players are represented my club. If we win something it says Leicester City won something. If Murray wins something it says Andy Murray won something.

It's just my general feeling. I don't really have pride in being British, or even English, but I do have pride about my City and football club. It's more personal.

As for Murray specifically, there's not pandering to the press and then there's coming across as unbelievably miserable. I don't like the way he plays either, he loses his temper a lot, his body language is often poor. He's just miserable and negative all over. I mean really, all the things you've said in his favour are just other ways of saying he's a total bore and has no charisma.

Your post is exactly what I mean, you're getting annoyed because I don't support Murray. Why? Why should I support him?Just because he's British? I don't even extend that kind of favouritism towards the England team anymore.