Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Flipkens never turned up, you can't be that passive against Bartoli. Shame because she played a great mix of smarts and agression vs Kvitova.

2nd match was a cracker though. Lisicki would be the favourite but i'm sure Bartoli would have preferred her to Radwanska, who has always brushed her off with ease.

Just don't give Buzzy the attention guys, he doesn't have a clue what he is talking about, serve and volley, you know this is 2013 mate, not 1980?

Anyway, Semi Finals are too close to call, really looking forward to Lisicki v Radwanska, two of my favourite players, with very different game styles.

I'm going for Flipkens over Bartoli as well, Bartoli yes good on Grass, has previous history at Wimbledon, but form wise for a while, she hasn't been great. Flipkens has come out of  nowhere, but is playing really good Tennis, was impressed with her performance against Kvitova. 

But sticking my neck on the line, Radwanska v Flipkens final for me, therefore it will probably be Lisicki v Bartoli. 

[Just don't give Buzzy the attention guys, he doesn't have a clue what he is talking aboutou know this is 2013 mate, not 1980?} . you werent even born in 1980 so you have not got a clue about tennis in the 80s or 90s 

Should be a fantastic day of tennis tomorrow.

I can't see past Djokovic in the opener. I've rated Del Potro highly for a long time but injuries continually seem to get in his way. I don't think he'll have enough in the tank to do Djokovic tomorrow.

I've seen very little of Janowicz but what I have seen has been impressive. Monsterish serve, good power and shows a lot of passion. When he played Melzer, I thought they were going to kick off at some stage. Could be a very fiery and mental battle with Murray and can see it going to 5 sets swinging either way. This could prove the long term breakthrough for Janowicz and can see him in the top 10 in no time.

As for the earlier debate about servers and volleyers, they are being pushed out of the game more and more now, MattP hit the nail on the head. 

[Just don't give Buzzy the attention guys, he doesn't have a clue what he is talking aboutou know this is 2013 mate, not 1980?} . you werent even born in 1980 so you have not got a clue about tennis in the 80s or 90s 

Seriously mate just don't go there. My parents have watched Tennis since like 1960, I've seen old matches, I've seen how many used to serve and volley. And 90's, that's the era I first got into Tennis, the Sampras, Rafter, Agassi and Henman days. 

Seriously mate just don't go there. My parents have watched Tennis since like 1960, I've seen old matches, I've seen how many used to serve and volley. And 90's, that's the era I first got into Tennis, the Sampras, Rafter, Agassi and Henman days. 

go where by telling you that you werent born in 1980 and that is fact isn't it or am i   wrong

go where by telling you that you werent born in 1980 and that is fact isn't it or am i   wrong

Does that matter...NO it doesn't.

1980 Tennis matches, Football Matches, Snooker Matches, I've watched it all from that era.

You heard of ESPN Classic?

its so funny when i made my feelings known about murray and his mum on wednesday you get jumped on. so all of you  stop getting so upset by people who dont agree with you. i for one will not be back on this thread but will come across you in foxestalk . just expect other peoples opinion and dont abuse them for having different views

its so funny when i made my feelings known about murray and his mum on wednesday you get jumped on. so all of you  stop getting so upset by people who dont agree with you. i for one will not be back on this thread but will come across you in foxestalk . just expect other peoples opinion and dont abuse them for having different views

You got jumped on because you insulted people not because you have a different opinion.

Guest MattP

Right onto today.

Novak swarms Delpo for me, no way can Delpo produce two performances on the bounce on one leg like he did against Ferrer, Nole will have him going side to side all day long and can only see one winner. He'll need to serve out of his box and play some excellent tie breaks to win.

I think Murray Janowicz will be closer than people think, Murray isn't actually playing that well as daft as it sounds and Jerzy looks a future top 5 player, could come down to a couple of tie breaks which you would have to think are on the way with Jerzys serve.

and you dont, look at your posts when people havel different opinion to you .

1) We are talking about you in this thread, not me.

2) I don't insult people unless they deserve it through arrogance or stupidity. If they just have a different opinion, then it is discussed, this is after all a forum.

You on the other hand have gate crashed this thread and told everyone in it they should be ashamed of themselves for supporting a British sportsman, as I said, this is why you have received a bad reception not for your opinion, many people have come in here and said they don't like him (obviously not in same classless way as you) and not got a round of fvcks for it.

Right onto today.

Novak swarms Delpo for me, no way can Delpo produce two performances on the bounce on one leg like he did against Ferrer, Nole will have him going side to side all day long and can only see one winner. He'll need to serve out of his box and play some excellent tie breaks to win.

I think Murray Janowicz will be closer than people think, Murray isn't actually playing that well as daft as it sounds and Jerzy looks a future top 5 player, could come down to a couple of tie breaks which you would have to think are on the way with Jerzys serve.

I think if Del P has the hitting radar lined up in the way he did vs Ferrer then he might give Djoko a hard time, but that's a big if. Reckon Nole to win, but could possibly go to 4 (or maybe even 5). That being said, if Del P shows up dropping bombs from the start we could see a shock. 

Janowicz is a big righty server, just like Raonic/Karlovic et al. Murray has had no problems with them in the past when he himself has not been playing like a numpty (very good at neutralising big servers), so unless he plays like a numpty here I can see it being a reasonably formulaic win. The Paris Masters last year was an end-of-season statistical fluke IMO, lot of odd results come up there. Wonder if JJ will handle the occasion well too. Of course if Murrays level does drop, then Janowicz can easily take advantage and you'd expect a TB or two that could go either way. Murray in 4 for me.

As for Janowicz being a future top 5 player, it's possible but his movement and mentality need to come along a bit more for that to happen. Can certainly see him comfortably ensconced in the top 15 with the likes of Raonic though.

1) We are talking about you in this thread, not me.

2) I don't insult people unless they deserve it through arrogance or stupidity. If they just have a different opinion, then it is discussed, this is after all a forum.

You on the other hand have gate crashed this thread and told everyone in it they should be ashamed of themselves for supporting a British sportsman, as I said, this is why you have received a bad reception not for your opinion, many people have come in here and said they don't like him (obviously not in same classless way as you) and not got a round of fvcks for

i cant be asked with you anymore your like piles a pain in the arse good bye and good riddence

Big day for Murrary today what time is he playing? think this Polish lad will take him all the way.

Immediately after the Nole-Del P semi final, so difficult to tell. Maybe about 4pm.

Depends if Janowicz can handle the occasion and how well Murray is playing. If he can't or Murray turns up on song I think he'll get steamrollered.

Immediately after the Nole-Del P semi final, so difficult to tell. Maybe about 4pm.

Depends if Janowicz can handle the occasion and how well Murray is playing. If he can't or Murray turns up on song I think he'll get steamrollered.

Cheers.

Yes true the occasion might get to him but Murray has to be on top of his game... if he plays like he did in the first 2 sets the other day then he will have problems coming back this time.. I think he got quite lucky in the end on Wedneday, on the other hand we know he is capable of putting him to bed early on.... will be an interesting watch anyhow.

If Del Potro plays like he did against Ferrer, then I think he could give Djokovic some troubles, but I will go with Djokovic in four. He hasn't been really tested yet, thought Haas would of done a lot better than he did, but Novak was comfortable. And in the Quarter Final against Berdych, Berdych had his chances but failed to take them. He hasn't dropped a set yet, but neither has Del Potro. Could be hard, if Del Potro plays like he did against Ferrer, if he doesn't and signs of injury occurs then Djokovic in four. 

Murray and Janowicz could be an incredible watch, but for me Murray is a pretty good returner and if starts reading some of Jerzy's serves then it could be curtains for Jerzy. Jerzy has the massive serve, he has massive forehand and backhand, but for me the thing he lacks is footwork. When players return against him, the ball is returned behind Jerzy and he has to adjust his body, which then leads to an error either hit hard behind the baseline or straight into the net. Jerzy has to serve big, and serve consistently well. I don't think his run at Paris was a fluke at all, as Leicsmac said, because since then he has continued to play well and has continued to remain amongst the World's top 32, and now after Wimbledon he will climb the rankings even more. With the weapons he has, he will only get better, and will probably be a top five player within a couple of years. If this does go five sets, and Jerzy breaks Murray, all he needs to do is serve big and he will end up winning. 

If Del Potro plays like he did against Ferrer, then I think he could give Djokovic some troubles, but I will go with Djokovic in four. He hasn't been really tested yet, thought Haas would of done a lot better than he did, but Novak was comfortable. And in the Quarter Final against Berdych, Berdych had his chances but failed to take them. He hasn't dropped a set yet, but neither has Del Potro. Could be hard, if Del Potro plays like he did against Ferrer, if he doesn't and signs of injury occurs then Djokovic in four. 

Murray and Janowicz could be an incredible watch, but for me Murray is a pretty good returner and if starts reading some of Jerzy's serves then it could be curtains for Jerzy. Jerzy has the massive serve, he has massive forehand and backhand, but for me the thing he lacks is footwork. When players return against him, the ball is returned behind Jerzy and he has to adjust his body, which then leads to an error either hit hard behind the baseline or straight into the net. Jerzy has to serve big, and serve consistently well. I don't think his run at Paris was a fluke at all, as Leicsmac said, because since then he has continued to play well and has continued to remain amongst the World's top 32, and now after Wimbledon he will climb the rankings even more. With the weapons he has, he will only get better, and will probably be a top five player within a couple of years. If this does go five sets, and Jerzy breaks Murray, all he needs to do is serve big and he will end up winning.

That's all fair enough. I don't think the run at Paris was a fluke, I just think the victory over Murray was, he got caught cold and that happens often at Paris. Since then he's maintained his ranking, but has been unable to push on any further. His record has also included some first round losses to lesser players. 

I'm not saying he can't develop in the future and likely will, but I do agree with you that he needs a lot of work on his on-court movement to go with the big hitting to stand a chance of making the top 10, let alone the top 5.

With experience of these big occasions he'll get better too, but still maintain that unless he really gets to grips with the movement he'll fall into the Raonic/Isner bracket - top 10/15, booming server, unplayable on his day, but prone to being outmanoeuvred by the big boys.

Edited by leicsmac

That's all fair enough. I don't think the run at Paris was a fluke, I just think the victory over Murray was, he got caught cold and that happens often at Paris. Since then he's maintained his ranking, but has been unable to push on any further. His record has also included some first round losses to lesser players. 

I'm not saying he can't develop in the future and likely will, but I do agree with you that he needs a lot of work on his on-court movement to go with the big hitting to stand a chance of making the top 10, let alone the top 5.

With experience of these big occasions he'll get better too, but still maintain that unless he really gets to grips with the movement he'll fall into the Raonic/Isner bracket - top 10/15, booming server, unplayable on his day, but prone to being outmanoeuvred by the big boys.

But in that tournament he beat Kohlschreiber, Cilic, Murray, Tipsarevic and Simon, these are all top 32 players. He has had a mix year, but has continued to remain in a stable position in the rankings, and has started to pick up form recently. If Federer and Tsonga were still in the Wimbledon draw, Janowicz might of not got this far, but at least he has been able to control himself despite the big names dropping, and come through that section on top. 

We will see what he is capable of today, but unlike the Raonic and Isner, Janowicz offers more variety, he isn't all about hit hard or go home. He is capable of using the drop shot, he has a lovely touch, he can come to the net, hit winners right, left and centre. He just needs to serve consistently well today, and mix it up, because Murray is a good returner and will get balls back in court, because he has the speed. 

We will see, but if Janowicz performs, this could be an immense watch.

But in that tournament he beat Kohlschreiber, Cilic, Murray, Tipsarevic and Simon, these are all top 32 players. He has had a mix year, but has continued to remain in a stable position in the rankings, and has started to pick up form recently. If Federer and Tsonga were still in the Wimbledon draw, Janowicz might of not got this far, but at least he has been able to control himself despite the big names dropping, and come through that section on top. 

We will see what he is capable of today, but unlike the Raonic and Isner, Janowicz offers more variety, he isn't all about hit hard or go home. He is capable of using the drop shot, he has a lovely touch, he can come to the net, hit winners right, left and centre. He just needs to serve consistently well today, and mix it up, because Murray is a good returner and will get balls back in court, because he has the speed. 

We will see, but if Janowicz performs, this could be an immense watch.

You could be right, so far all I've really seen from him is big hitting and the occasional touch. But if he develops he could be very interesting. 

We'll see what his end of year rank is and go from there. Ideally IMO he needs a breakthrough title (Masters possibly, or reach another Masters final), a good showing at the USO  to make sure he's well in the top 20 at year end and see what 2014 brings.

Today is going to be a big test for him.