Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Little finesse, how many drop shot winners has he hit again?

Purple patch tournament, he got to the finals of Paris Masters and got to the Quarters of Rome where he beat Gasquet and Tsonga in a row, before losing to Federer.

He is 22, has years ahead of him, and has weapons.

Murray was winning masters events at that age, he hasn't won one ATP event

He is probably the best young player in the world at the moment, he needs to improve other areas of his game, which he will do with experience.

The important thing is he already has a weapon, which is his serve, and is very mobile unlike isner, cilic etc.

Spot on my son, spot on.

Murray was winning masters events at that age, he hasn't won one ATP event

Does that matter though?

What about the other youngsters, like Dimitrov, Raonic, Harrison etc...

They really haven't made their names yet.

Janowicz is dangerous, most pundits have been impressed with his touch in other tournaments, therefore he isn't just about power. 

Did you see that Paris Masters tournament, or his matches on Clay this year?

Edited by kingfox

Spot on my son, spot on.

Does that matter though?

What about the other youngsters, like Dimitrov, Raonic, Harrison etc...

They really haven't made their names yet.

Janowicz is dangerous, most pundits have been impressed with his touch in other tournaments, therefore he isn't just about power.

Did you see that Paris Masters tournament, or his matches on Clay this year?

He is about as dangerous as let say Karlovic who on his day might make the top four sweat..

This kid's attitude is terrible though.

What does he expect?

He has won nothing, so i don't get why he is giving it the Billy big B0ll0x attitude.

At the start he looked arrogant, look at his face now, I think he realises Murray is the real deal, and he has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as him. Edited by Facecloth

At the start he looked arrogant, look at his face now, I think he realises Murray is the real deal, and he has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as him.

I would be surprised if he didn't think Murray was the real deal from the off, Olympic and US Open champion and I believe in the top eight of all time for most masters events won

Edited by shearfox

He is about as dangerous as let say Karlovic who on his day might make the top four sweat..

You do know Janowicz has beaten Murray before. He has beaten Simon, Cilic, Tsonga & Gasquet. Beating those guys is no fluke. 

He is only 22, he has power and he has touch, two components of his game that pundits have been very impressed with since he burst on the scene. 

People rave about Dimitrov, people rave about Paire, Tomic, Goffin.

But who is higher in the rankings, Jerzy Janowicz. 

He isn't winning this match, but he has had a very good run, and I believe his time will come. 

I would be surprised if he didn't think Murray was the real deal from the off, Olympic and US Open champion and I believe in the top eight for most masters events won

Yeah but I think he thought he was genuinely better than Murray. Thought he could just blast him off the court with a few big serves. When Murray curled that ball down the line at the start of this set when he ended up breaking Janowicz's face just read "Holy shit, he can do that!"

Yeah but I think he thought he was genuinely better than Murray. Thought he could just blast him off the court with a few big serves. When Murray curled that ball down the line at the start of this set when he ended up breaking Janowicz's face just read "Holy shit, he can do that!"

I see what you mean, Janowizc as played as well as he could yet he is now a set and break down

I was somewhat joking, but still think Janowizc is a one trick pony and won't get a better chance to make a slam final

Won't get a better chance, he is playing Murray here, not a player ranked 200 below. 

You could tell Janowizc was too emotional from really early on. He should learn something from this. A bit silly the crowd booing him just for hitting the net but they're entitiled to use their power to help Murray just like football fans.

Murray on the other hand has learned how to play up to the crowd and use them.

Won't get a better chance, he is playing Murray here, not a player ranked 200 below.

What I mean is, this is and will be the best he will play, he offers nothing other than rolling the dice on the second serve and hitting a big first serve.

You could tell Janowizc was too emotional from really early on. He should learn something from this. A bit silly the crowd booing him just for hitting the net but they're entitiled to use their power to help Murray just like football fans.

They were booing him for a reason.

There has been a mutual lack of respect between the pole and the fans.

What I mean is, this is and will be the best he will play, he offers nothing other than rolling the dice on the second serve and hitting a big first serve.

he is 22.

Does that Mean wood won't improve?

Exactly, he's done so before and that'll be vital again should he make it to the final. They won't be divided like if he was playing Fed/Nadal, he needs to use that.

Have you seen him play in any other tournaments besides Wimbledon?

Have you seen him play in any other tournaments besides Wimbledon?

I watch every event and I know he gets beat quite often... this for me is a purple patch even when he beat Murray in Paris he wasn't this good. Now of he keeps this up then I will apologise to you

Edited by shearfox