Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Wow Lisicki is absolutely gorgeous... hope my girlfriend don't see this. Bartoli in control at the moment, she looks impressive early on. That was a great first set, Bartoli is just so unique just crazy to be honest, you wouldn't want to teach her style

Edited by shearfox

She has been very good. You surely can't deny that Lisicki has been her own worse enemy today though?

She's not been up to scratch but just seems like People are trying to take things away from Bartoli.

You've read what you want into my comment then because I never said that.

Thought my comment was quite obvious to be honest

Not really. Lisicki wasn't just playing bad because of herself but because Bartoli was hands down much better and forcing her into mistakes.... But no-one seemed to realise that.

Not really. Lisicki wasn't just playing bad because of herself but because Bartoli was hands down much better and forcing her into mistakes.... But no-one seemed to realise that.

She was forcing her into mistakes to some extent, I don't know who you are suggesting couldn't see that. But it was also obvious that Lisicki really started to lose the plot, she could barely serve over the net at one point and burst into tears. When she regained some composure she broke Bartoli and closed the gap.

It would have been a much closer match if Lisicki didn't bottle it. That doesn't mean Bartoli wasn't very good because she was.

Edited by Kitchandro

Just read through the last couple of pages or so...

How unreal was the Djokovic - Del Potro match? High quality tennis, brutal stuff and two entertainers and proper sportsmans. Obviously I'm a Djokovic fan but DelPo is an animal, he's brilliant and should he stay injury free I think he could be top 3 by the start of next year possibly. 

Then compare to Murray - Janowicz, rather the opposite. The actual quality and pace of tennis was some way off that played in the other semi final and wow, Janowicz ain't half a bellend. Agree with most arguing with KingFox, he's a one trick pony. His actual groundstrokes and poor, lethargic and lacking in much quality. He will just be another Ivo Karlovic at best, big server but nothing much else. His attitude doesn't help and believe me, the players with the best attitudes on tour go furthest and Janowicz will make no friends going about the business the way that he is. 

I won't call the final, it could go either way. Djokovic undoubtedly the better tennis player but Murray with the home crowd brings it back into balance. 

Poor final in all fairness.

That was like Sabine at her erratic best on a hard court, not a grass court, she was all over the place and the occasion got to her. All she can do is bounce back from this, she has now experienced a final so she knows what it's like, if she is to win a Grand Slam, Wimbledon will be it. She has reached Quarters, Semis and the Final, all she needs to do now is win it, and with her game she sure can do it, mental wise she still lacks something. 

Think people underestimated how good Bartoli can be on Grass, Quarters a couple years back, final in 07, good performances at Eastbourne in the past. Being in the final before definitely counts for something, and that proved today. She wanted it more, and was the more aggressive.

Role on tomorrow.

Agree with most arguing with KingFox, he's a one trick pony. His actual groundstrokes and poor, lethargic and lacking in much quality.

Did you see him in Paris, Rome, French Open or his other matches at Wimbledon this year?

Did you see him in Paris, Rome, French Open or his other matches at Wimbledon this year?

Did you see his matches at Wimbledon? Because other than the quarters and semi he wasn't on.