Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Did you see his matches at Wimbledon? Because other than the quarters and semi he wasn't on.

BBC Sport website showed every match of his.

They had coverage of 10 courts.

And I also believe his match against Almagro was on BBC 1 or 2. 

Did you see him in Paris, Rome, French Open or his other matches at Wimbledon this year?

In the best of 5 games. He'll get found out by the better players, as proven yesterday. He will have the odd best of 3 event where he will beat a decent player and have a good run but whilst the big 4 are around he won't get near to winning a slam.

Did you see him in Paris, Rome, French Open or his other matches at Wimbledon this year?

Didn't see him at the French as he lost early to Wawrinka. I seen him against Melzer in the last 16 and really either could have gone through, he wasn't 'head and shoulders' above Melzer. I don't get why you keep repeating yourself, yes he had a good run on the clay but when it mattered he didn't do the business at RG. At Wimbledon you could argue that he was fortunate with his draw, facing Almagro in the 3rd round who lets be honest, is a terrible player on grass. Then he beat Melzer in 5 sets in a very tight game which could have swung either way before facing Kubot in the quarters who lets be honest, wasn't going to give it everything once he started losing the first sets, he made it nice and easy for his compatriot thereafter as you see quite often in tennis, i.e Nadal vs Spaniards, Djokovic vs Tipsarevic/Troicki...

In the best of 5 games. He'll get found out by the better players, as proven yesterday. He will have the odd best of 3 event where he will beat a decent player and have a good run but whilst the big 4 are around he won't get near to winning a slam.

He was playing Murray though, who has in previous Grand Slams only really lost to Djokovic, Federer, Nadal and Ferrer. Whilst the big four are around, not many players will get near to winning a Grand Slam, and that counts for every young player of course, not just Janowicz.

Didn't see him at the French as he lost early to Wawrinka. I seen him against Melzer in the last 16 and really either could have gone through, he wasn't 'head and shoulders' above Melzer. I don't get why you keep repeating yourself, yes he had a good run on the clay but when it mattered he didn't do the business at RG. At Wimbledon you could argue that he was fortunate with his draw, facing Almagro in the 3rd round who lets be honest, is a terrible player on grass. Then he beat Melzer in 5 sets in a very tight game which could have swung either way before facing Kubot in the quarters who lets be honest, wasn't going to give it everything once he started losing the first sets, he made it nice and easy for his compatriot thereafter as you see quite often in tennis, i.e Nadal vs Spaniards, Djokovic vs Tipsarevic/Troicki...

Nobody expected anything against Wawrinka, I didn't even expect anything, because Wawrinka had been playing really well, and pundits were classing him as a darkhorse for the title. He had a fortunate draw yes, so did Bartoli in the Women's, but at the end of the day, even though the draw opened up for him, you still have to win these matches, and it can be very hard to do that, as proven in his match against Melzer. Yes Almagro isn't a Grass Courter, Almagro knocked Jerzy out of the Australian, but on Grass and the run Jerzy has had, it has proved how good he can be on a Grass Court, he took a set off Murray at the end of the day, and was 4-1 up in the third. If he held his nerve, and didn't lose his cool because of the crowd, he could of easily closed out that set. 

I just believe he is a top ten player in the making, and could well win a Grand Slam. It's hard for these youngsters to break through now, but the way some have acted on here the past day, they have basically ruled these youngsters out from winning anything. Nishikori, Raonic, Janowicz, DImitrov, Tomic, Goffin these are the six who should be making inroads sooner or later. 

He was playing Murray though, who has in previous Grand Slams only really lost to Djokovic, Federer, Nadal and Ferrer. Whilst the big four are around, not many players will get near to winning a Grand Slam, and that counts for every young player of course, not just Janowicz.

Nobody expected anything against Wawrinka, I didn't even expect anything, because Wawrinka had been playing really well, and pundits were classing him as a darkhorse for the title. He had a fortunate draw yes, so did Bartoli in the Women's, but at the end of the day, even though the draw opened up for him, you still have to win these matches, and it can be very hard to do that, as proven in his match against Melzer. Yes Almagro isn't a Grass Courter, Almagro knocked Jerzy out of the Australian, but on Grass and the run Jerzy has had, it has proved how good he can be on a Grass Court, he took a set off Murray at the end of the day, and was 4-1 up in the third. If he held his nerve, and didn't lose his cool because of the crowd, he could of easily closed out that set. 

I just believe he is a top ten player in the making, and could well win a Grand Slam. It's hard for these youngsters to break through now, but the way some have acted on here the past day, they have basically ruled these youngsters out from winning anything. Nishikori, Raonic, Janowicz, DImitrov, Tomic, Goffin these are the six who should be making inroads sooner or later.

If we didn't have to wait more than a decade to find out, and would probably forget about it, I would bet you money, now, that Nishikori, Tomic, and Dimitrov will have far better careers than Janowicz and Raonic. They have more to their game and in the long run will become far superior players. They have more shots in their lockers, find more angles and are better at controlling points that's the other two, they don't just try and blast their opponent off court.

If we didn't have to wait more than a decade to find out, and would probably forget about it, I would bet you money, now, that Nishikori, Tomic, and Dimitrov will have far better careers than Janowicz and Raonic. They have more to their game and in the long run will become far superior players. They have more shots in their lockers, find more angles and are better at controlling points that's the other two, they don't just try and blast their opponent off court.

Saying that about Janowicz and Raonic, what about someone like Del Potro and Berdych, aren't those two kind of similar, big hitters, booming forehand and backhands. 

And Del Potro is a Grand Slam winner, and Berdych a previous Wimbledon runner up.

The likes of Nishikori, Tomic and Dimitrov might go on to have better careers, but at the minute especially Dimitrov we haven't seen anything special from him, he has faced the big guns many of times, played well against them, but has always lost, up until Madrid when he beat Djokovic, but then lost in the next round to Wawrinka and that was on Clay. The furthest Dimitrov has got in a Grand Slam is R3. 

Saying that about Janowicz and Raonic, what about someone like Del Potro and Berdych, aren't those two kind of similar, big hitters, booming forehand and backhands.

And Del Potro is a Grand Slam winner, and Berdych a previous Wimbledon runner up.

The likes of Nishikori, Tomic and Dimitrov might go on to have better careers, but at the minute especially Dimitrov we haven't seen anything special from him, he has faced the big guns many of times, played well against them, but has always lost, up until Madrid when he beat Djokovic, but then lost in the next round to Wawrinka and that was on Clay. The furthest Dimitrov has got in a Grand Slam is R3.

Sorry if you're saying Del Potro and Berdych are just big hitters this discussion is over. They are powerful, but they have much much more to their game than power. Janowicz is just looking like he's going to be another Isner, sorry. As I said earlier, picking out how far people have got in the odd slam is subjective really. Janowicz had a kind run at Wimbledon this year, maybe come the US one of those others gets a retirement, a journeyman etc and makes the semis or final, are you going to start shooting your load over them? I'm talking about players over the course of their career having the ability and shots to consistently make the later stages of slams, like the big 4, Ferrer, Del Potro, Berdych etc. Janowicz will always be dangerous to every player simply because he has immense power, but he will never consistently make it to the later stages of slams, and I would be very surprised unless someone slips laxatives into half the draws orange juice he'll ever actually win one.

EDIT: Oh and you can't use Janowicz's victory over Murray in the past to back your argument up if you're going to totally dismiss Dimitrov's win over Djokovic.

Edited by Facecloth

Sorry if you're saying Del Potro and Berdych are just big hitters this discussion is over. They are powerful, but they have much much more to their game than power. Janowicz is just looking like he's going to be another Isner, sorry. As I said earlier, picking out how far people have got in the odd slam is subjective really. Janowicz had a kind run at Wimbledon this year, maybe come the US one of those others gets a retirement, a journeyman etc and makes the semis or final, are you going to start shooting your load over them? I'm talking about players over the course of their career having the ability and shots to consistently make the later stages of slams, like the big 4, Ferrer, Del Potro, Berdych etc. Janowicz will always be dangerous to every player simply because he has immense power, but he will never consistently make it to the later stages of slams, and I would be very surprised unless someone slips laxatives into half the draws orange juice he'll ever actually win one.

EDIT: Oh and you can't use Janowicz's victory over Murray in the past to back your argument up if you're going to totally dismiss Dimitrov's win over Djokovic.

Del Potro and Berdych are big hitters though, of course they have better attributes to their game in different areas but that's why they are in the top 10 in the rankings. I really don't know how Janowicz is another Isner, I believe Janowicz has more to his game, better touch for one, and saying Jerzy doesn't have variety, he is capable of smashing winners off the backhand he is capable of going cross court. Jerzy still had to get his way through the Wimbledon draw though, he was the one who came out of that section, so surely that counts for something, surely taking a set and being 4-1 up in the third against Murray, surely shows and counts for something. Shooting my load over them? I have been impressed with Janowicz ever since Paris last year, and have tried to watch as many matches of his as possible. And talking of consistency, you just don't know how consistent he will be yet, saying he will never be consistent is a load of rubbish, because he is only 22, same applies to the likes of Raonic, Klizan & Paire. 

Not dismissing Dimitrov's win, but he didn't back up his win against Djokovic, unlike Janowicz did when he beat Murray in Paris, he had the capabilities of backing up that win by then beating Tipsarevic & Simon. Dimitrov lost next round to Wawrinka. Same can be said with Janowicz in Rome, he beat Tsonga then backed it up and beat Gasquet. Yes he has had poor losses this year, but some of those have come against very good players, like Berdych, Federer & Wawrinka. 

Del Potro and Berdych are big hitters though, of course they have better attributes to their game in different areas but that's why they are in the top 10 in the rankings. I really don't know how Janowicz is another Isner, I believe Janowicz has more to his game, better touch for one, and saying Jerzy doesn't have variety, he is capable of smashing winners off the backhand he is capable of going cross court. Jerzy still had to get his way through the Wimbledon draw though, he was the one who came out of that section, so surely that counts for something, surely taking a set and being 4-1 up in the third against Murray, surely shows and counts for something. Shooting my load over them? I have been impressed with Janowicz ever since Paris last year, and have tried to watch as many matches of his as possible. And talking of consistency, you just don't know how consistent he will be yet, saying he will never be consistent is a load of rubbish, because he is only 22, same applies to the likes of Raonic, Klizan & Paire. 

Not dismissing Dimitrov's win, but he didn't back up his win against Djokovic, unlike Janowicz did when he beat Murray in Paris, he had the capabilities of backing up that win by then beating Tipsarevic & Simon. Dimitrov lost next round to Wawrinka. Same can be said with Janowicz in Rome, he beat Tsonga then backed it up and beat Gasquet. Yes he has had poor losses this year, but some of those have come against very good players, like Berdych, Federer & Wawrinka.

Janowicz is another Isner because he doesn't have the variation you inexplicably think he does have. One minute your saying Tsonga and Berdych are just big hitters now your agreeing they have more to their game that's why their top ten. Well there you go you've just countered your own argument, that is why Janowicz isn't a top ten player, because he doesn't have those attributes, and I don't think he ever will, he doesn't even have glimpses of having them.

I've been trying to work out how someone who supposedly watches a lot of tennis can get so excited over this big serve merchant, who plays shit boring tennis, then I realised, you fancy him don't you!

Janowicz is another Isner because he doesn't have the variation you inexplicably think he does have. One minute your saying Tsonga and Berdych are just big hitters now your agreeing they have more to their game that's why their top ten. Well there you go you've just countered your own argument, that is why Janowicz isn't a top ten player, because he doesn't have those attributes, and I don't think he ever will, he doesn't even have glimpses of having them.

I've been trying to work out how someone who supposedly watches a lot of tennis can get so excited over this big serve merchant, who plays shit boring tennis, then I realised, you fancy him don't you!

He has variation though, it's like your saying just because he didn't show enough of it against Murray he doesn't have it at all. He showed variation in his other matches, and especially in Paris, just watch some videos. 

Course they have more of a game, because that's why they are where they are. All you can do is improve, and that's what the youngsters will or should do. The signs are there for Janowicz though, Grand Slam Semi Finalist, Paris Masters Runner Up, wins over big players, and is currently in the top 32. 

I do lot a watch of Tennis, I think his game is more impressive than you realise. He isn't just a big serve merchant.

Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9BTDbiPj8s

He has variation though, it's like your saying just because he didn't show enough of it against Murray he doesn't have it at all. He showed variation in his other matches, and especially in Paris, just watch some videos. 

Course they have more of a game, because that's why they are where they are. All you can do is improve, and that's what the youngsters will or should do. The signs are there for Janowicz though, Grand Slam Semi Finalist, Paris Masters Runner Up, wins over big players, and is currently in the top 32. 

I do lot a watch of Tennis, I think his game is more impressive than you realise. He isn't just a big serve merchant.

Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9BTDbiPj8s

Haven't got time to watch a 10 minute video right now, and it would be unfair to reply without watching. So will watch it later/tomorrow, and reply.

Haven't got time to watch a 10 minute video right now, and it would be unfair to reply without watching. So will watch it later/tomorrow, and reply.

Booooo.

But just to give you an idea of what to expect.

Aces, forehand winners, backhand winners(cross court), winners at the net(including volleys) & lots of amazing drop shots. 

Janowicz is better off the ground than both Isner and Raonic. Think he can be a regular in quarter finals at least. Big serving can be dull but nice to see something different to the baseline grinding that tennis at the highest level has become (not sure who said they dont like modern tennis due to excessive serving and volleying, clueless).

Rest of the youngsters arent really up to scratch yet. Everyone was desperate to latch onto Dimitrov as the next big thing because he has an aesthetically pleasing game but to me he is all style and no substance.

One more thing about Jerzy, then I will shut up.

This guy hits successful drop shots off his opponents serves. Who does that, I have never ever seen players properly attempt that type of shot, but he plays it with such confidence.

Janowicz has great disguise, and his game is awkward to read, unpredictable as Murray said in his press conference yesterday

One more thing about Jerzy, then I will shut up.

This guy hits successful drop shots off his opponents serves. Who does that, I have never ever seen players properly attempt that type of shot, but he plays it with such confidence.

Janowicz has great disguise, and his game is awkward to read, unpredictable as Murray said in his press conference yesterday

Janowicz will never win a major. A big serve and being able to play a drop shot off serve isn't enough. He double faults way too much.

Janowicz will never win a major. A big serve and being able to play a drop shot off serve isn't enough. He double faults way too much.

Double faults way too much.

Bert mate I like you and respect you, but come on lad.

Yes yesterday he double faulted lots of times, but in other matches he doesn't hit half as many as he did yesterday, you may get 4-5 max when he is playing well.

Like yesterday when he isn't playing well, yes he does hit quite a few, but when playing well the guy is a massive danger to anybody. 

He can only get better, like all the other up and coming players, same can be said about the Women's game, you are having a lot more coming through than the Men, and they can only get better, players like Madison Keys, Monica Puig, Jamie Hampton give them 3-4 more years they could be top 10 and fighting in the latter stages of grand slams. 

Double faults way too much.

Bert mate I like you and respect you, but come on lad.

Yes yesterday he double faulted lots of times, but in other matches he doesn't hit half as many as he did yesterday, you may get 4-5 max when he is playing well.

Like yesterday when he isn't playing well, yes he does hit quite a few, but when playing well the guy is a massive danger to anybody.

He can only get better, like all the other up and coming players, same can be said about the Women's game, you are having a lot more coming through than the Men, and they can only get better, players like Madison Keys, Monica Puig, Jamie Hampton give them 3-4 more years they could be top 10 and fighting in the latter stages of grand slams.

Which is why he'll never win a major. When he plays badly his game falls apart. When Djokivic and Murray play badly they still seem to win more times than not. That's partly what makes them the players that they are, the best players.

Any player can be a massive danger, don't get me wrong, but if they can't sustain it throughout a tournament or consistently enough then they'll be the player that makes the odd "shock" every now and then and reach the odd semi final, but for me that's it.

Which is why he'll never win a major. When he plays badly his game falls apart. When Djokivic and Murray play badly they still seem to win more times than not. That's partly what makes them the players that they are, the best players.

Any player can be a massive danger, don't get me wrong, but if they can't sustain it throughout a tournament or consistently enough then they'll be the player that makes the odd "shock" every now and then and reach the odd semi final, but for me that's it.

Djokovic and Murray, have much more quality and much more experience though. 

Jerzy was playing challenger events like last year, and had to qualify for Grand Slams, ranked like 270 in the World, and now he is amongst the top 20. 

This is Jerzy's first proper year on the ATP circuit, playing in the best tournaments in the World, basically he is just getting to grips with everything, and to already beat the likes of Murray, Cilic, Simon, Gasquet and Tsonga is pretty incredible going despite only featuring in major events since probably the middle of last year when he qualified for Wimbledon. 

I don't expect him to make inroads just yet, but of the crop of players coming through he is one of the best, because not just me, many people involved in Tennis, have said he is much more than just a big serve and big forehand, and that's coming from past Grand Slam winners. 

Djokovic and Murray, have much more quality and much more experience though. 

Jerzy was playing challenger events like last year, and had to qualify for Grand Slams, ranked like 270 in the World, and now he is amongst the top 20. 

This is Jerzy's first proper year on the ATP circuit, playing in the best tournaments in the World, basically he is just getting to grips with everything, and to already beat the likes of Murray, Cilic, Simon, Gasquet and Tsonga is pretty incredible going despite only featuring in major events since probably the middle of last year when he qualified for Wimbledon. 

I don't expect him to make inroads just yet, but of the crop of players coming through he is one of the best, because not just me, many people involved in Tennis, have said he is much more than just a big serve and big forehand, and that's coming from past Grand Slam winners. 

Will you shut the fvck up about Jerzy fvcking Jancwoicz lol he was soundly beaten by a vastly superior player, he's had one decent tournament which he didn't even win, For every decent display you can point out theres another big tournament where he's bombed out in the first round to someone like Kevin Anderson. And as it's been said, he's was very lucky with the draw at Wimbledon this year. There are holes in his game and he doesn't have consistency.

I don't even know why you like him he's a grade A bell end.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Will you shut the fvck up about Jerzy fvcking Jancwoicz lol he was soundly beaten by a vastly superior player, he's had one decent tournament which he didn't even win, For every decent display you can point out theres another big tournament where he's bombed out in the first round to someone like Kevin Anderson. And as it's been said, he's was very lucky with the draw at Wimbledon this year. There are holes in his game and he doesn't have consistency.

I don't even know why you like him he's a grade A bell end.

Says the one who can't even spell his name properly. He took a set off Murray yesterday and led 4-1, he's had one decent tournament, what about Wimbledon that was decent. Yes there's other tournaments where he has bombed out in the first round, to worse players than Kevin Anderson who is a top 32 player himself. All the youngsters have had poor losses over the course of this year.

Maybe I like bellends, just because he complained about the roof when he was actually leading makes him a bellend.

No, smashing your racket over your head like Mikhail Youzhny is what I call a bellend.

Edit. Also if that was Murray yesterday wanting the roof closed, the Wimbledon crowd would be like ohhh, but come out strong Murray and finish him off. Just because it was Janowicz people were calling him a bellend, and he smashed his racket on the net, so what...we have seen Murray do it, so why can't Janowicz?

Edited by kingfox

I am looking forward to another Djokovic Murray final they are always so close, just two of probably the best players ever. Darn Bartoli was brilliant but I went for lisicki because she is gorgeous... my girl don't read this so I'm fine lol

Edited by shearfox

Says the one who can't even spell his name properly. He took a set off Murray yesterday and led 4-1, he's had one decent tournament, what about Wimbledon that was decent. Yes there's other tournaments where he has bombed out in the first round, to worse players than Kevin Anderson who is a top 32 player himself. All the youngsters have had poor losses over the course of this year.

Maybe I like bellends, just because he complained about the roof when he was actually leading makes him a bellend.

No, smashing your racket over your head like Mikhail Youzhny is what I call a bellend.

Edit. Also if that was Murray yesterday wanting the roof closed, the Wimbledon crowd would be like ohhh, but come out strong Murray and finish him off. Just because it was Janowicz people were calling him a bellend, and he smashed his racket on the net, so what...we have seen Murray do it, so why can't Janowicz?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23204270

Watch his celebrations.

He's a bellend.

The light was so bad that all the courts were able to continue playing. He took a set off Murray in a tie break and failed to capitalise on a break of serve. Wow. Top bombing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23204270

Watch his celebrations.

He's a bellend.

lol seriously. That net cord shot when he won the point off it, he held his hands up and apologized, that doesn't make him a bellend, if anything that's good sportsmanship. People will bang on about the roof, but he even wanted it closed when he was LEADING. Leading being the key word. If he was losing then fair enough it would of been a bit idiotic of him, but he was leading, so there was really no harm in it. 

The light was so bad that all the courts were able to continue playing. He took a set off Murray in a tie break and failed to capitalise on a break of serve. Wow. Top bombing.

Yep at Wimbledon, in front of Murray and home support. Home crowd made the difference, didn't see him top bombing in other tournaments especially in Paris when he faced Murray with a 50/50 crowd.