Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

(Before I start, I'm not saying you are pointing at me, tbh I don't care if you are or not, no skin of my nose)

Bitter about what? I can't see anyone bitter tbh.

I just purely dislike the bloke, simple as that, as do others, wouldn't call that bitter.

Also, I've said Well Done, Congratulations, Scotland have a Wimbledon winner - I have also +1ed a post that said the same.

If you think there are bitter people in this thread, I suggest you look at one of the numerous threads about Watford when we were playing them in the playoffs or more so that threads after they'd knocked us out, if you want bitter that's the place to go!

It wasn't directed at you to be honest. Just the few comments I've seen who have a hatred for the bloke for some perceived comments about the English or overt sense of National identity.

(Before I start, I'm not saying you are pointing at me, tbh I don't care if you are or not, no skin of my nose)

Bitter about what? I can't see anyone bitter tbh.

I just purely dislike the bloke, simple as that, as do others, wouldn't call that bitter.

Also, I've said Well Done, Congratulations, Scotland have a Wimbledon winner - I have also +1ed a post that said the same.

If you think there are bitter people in this thread, I suggest you look at one of the numerous threads about Watford when we were playing them in the playoffs or more so that threads after they'd knocked us out, if you want bitter that's the place to go!

You've already said you don't like tennis so I'm not sure how you have such a strong opinion. I mean seriously, you moan about his attitude etc, if you don't like the sport, I'd has a guess you don't watch much, so how much to you really know about him. What exactly is wrong with his attitude? He's just a down to earth bloke who happens to be very good a tennis, he's not horrible, he doesn't court controversy, he doesn't shag around off court, he doesn't disrespect his opponents. He's just a normal bloke. I find it odd you can have such hate for a man who competes in a sport you don't really like.

Hang on if Wiggins can get one for winning golds and the tour, then Murray can have one for winning this and Olympic gold. Everyone went on about Wiggins winning the tour as so significant because he was the first Brit to do it, how is this any different really?

Any how, it's probably a bit early for a knighthood, but he shouldn't have to win them all to get it.

Perhaps all was a bit of an exaggeration, but I think he needs to win more, and consistently do so, to be great enough to deserve a knighthood.

I swear if an Englishman won it but he was a Forest fan some on here would hate it  lol

Lighten up you miserable sods  :P

Exactly.

Is it not embarrassing for the 'English' in this thread, that it takes a scot to win it?

I mean seriously, you moan about his attitude etc, if you don't like the sport, I'd has a guess you don't watch much, so how much to you really know about him. What exactly is wrong with his attitude?

He smashed his racket into the ground earlier in the match.

If that was Jerzy you would be calling him a bellend, and he should go to anger management. 

Perhaps all was a bit of an exaggeration, but I think he needs to win more, and consistently do so, to be great enough to deserve a knighthood.

Well Wiggins hasn't consistently won the tour has he? In fact he couldn't even consistently compete in it. He's been almost as successful as he could possibly be at the Olympics, like Wiggins has, ( he's never gonna win as many gold, their not there to win), and he's won the major prize in his sport, just like Wiggins. Only a few men have won all four and not many are multiple slam winners, so to just have a multiple slam to his name is amazing. If he was knighted it would be in keeping with others I think.

I can't remember watching a more grueling straight-set final than this.

Congratulations to Andy Murray. He has shown that he is good enough to win, but he's dealt with a bad knee, coming of age to face some of tennis' best ever talents, and massive amounts of pressure. Murray also gets a fair share of stick for faking injuries and stuff, which is unfortunate, because there's no way he's any worse than any other top player on tour. Murray might be lacking in the personality department, but he's a real pro, and you guys have every right to be proud of what he accomplished over the past two weeks.

Edited by Jordan

He smashed his racket into the ground earlier in the match.

If that was Jerzy you would be calling him a bellend, and he should go to anger management.

Actually I never pulled up Janowicz for smashing his racquet, players do that all the time. My problem with his attitude was his whole body language, his arrogant behaviour and his over cocky celebration after winning set 1. Edited by Facecloth

Actually I never pulled up Janowicz for smashing his racquet, players do that all the time. My problem with his attitude was his who body language, his arrogant behaviour and his over cocky celebration after winning set 1.

Finger wag and fist pump to his own box, makes him a bellend then.

Ummmm

Ummmm

After the first set he was acting like he'd won the match! lol

Anyway Murray's won Wimbledon I really don't wanna talk about this Pole you have a weird obsession with/crush on.

After the first set he was acting like he'd won the match! lol

Anyway Murray's won Wimbledon I really don't wanna talk about this Pole you have a weird obsession with/crush on.

No he finger wagged and fist pumped towards his own box, if he acted like he won the match, he would of fell on the floor. 

Is finger wagging and fist pumping such a crime, lots of players do it.

He didn't aim it at Murray's box, he didn't walk past Murray and barge him in the shoulder.

Yep Wimbledon is over now, so we move onto the US, where Jerzy will shock the world like Del Potro did a couple years back and win.

Well done to Murray!

However, (ignoring the Scottish or British conversation previously), if that fabulist weasel Salmond somehow manages to tear Scotland out of the Union, will that mean we will be back to talking about 77/78/79 years of hurt?  :blink:

Ummmm

His whole attitude was terrible.

And was highlighted by his constant arguing to the umpire regarding closing the roof.

The main problem that i had with him however was his level of cockiness, he is nowhere near the level of the likes of Murray, and may never be, so why he was so expressive was beyond belief. 

Well done to Murray!

However, (ignoring the Scottish or British conversation previously), if that fabulist weasel Salmond somehow manages to tear Scotland out of the Union, will that mean we will be back to talking about 77/78/79 years of hurt?  :blink:

No.

Because when murray won, scotland were still part of britain.

His whole attitude was terrible.

And was highlighted by his constant arguing to the umpire regarding closing the roof.

The main problem that i had with him however was his level of cockiness, he is nowhere near the level of the likes of Murray, and may never be, so why he was so expressive was beyond belief. 

Constant arguing despite leading when he was doing it. 

Watch his attitude against Kubot and his interview, then hopefully people look at him in a different light. 

Not a bad 12 months from Murray, after he had lost to Federer in last years final he has managed to go up that extra level and become a truly fantastic player. Holds two of the slams and the Olympic title.

Not a bad 12 months or so for all British sport.... Wiggins (TdF), Olympics, Ryder Cup, British and Irish Lions, Murray and a tour win in India for our test cricketers.

Lets hope our cricketers keep it going in the upcoming Ashes series  :thumbup:

Its a golden age for us (just a shame that we`re shite at footie)   :D

Edited by I am Rod Hull

Not a bad 12 months or so for all British sport.... Wiggins (TdF), Olympics, Ryder Cup, British and Irish Lions, Murray and a tour win in India for our test cricketers.

Lets hope our cricketers keep it going in the upcoming Ashes series :thumbup:

Its a golden age for us (just a shame that we`re shite at footie) :D

Don't forget Justin Rose winning the US Open as well, it has been incredible

• Like 1

Constant arguing despite leading when he was doing it. 

Watch his attitude against Kubot and his interview, then hopefully people look at him in a different light. 

Leading?

The roof was closed when Murray was leading 2-1, and even he himself said to the umpire 'you only closed it because he has been moaning all match'.

The Pole had no right to argue, it is an outdoor tournament. At least the arrogance of Murray is backed up with ability.

Leading?

The roof was closed when Murray was leading 2-1, and even he himself said to the umpire 'you only closed it because he has been moaning all match'.

The Pole had no right to argue, it is an outdoor tournament. At least the arrogance of Murray is backed up with ability.

Yes leading.

Didn't you watch the match.

He wanted the roof closed when he was leading in that third set.

Yes leading.

Didn't you watch the match.

He wanted the roof closed when he was leading in that third set.

But he was not 'leading'.

He was 2 sets to 1 down, how is that leading?

So what you are saying is that because he was leading in the set it gave him the right? So if he was 2 sets down, but winning 1 game to 0 in the third set then he is 'leading'?

It is an outdoor tournament for crying out loud, and players like he who will never win wimbledon really need to improve their attitudes.

This is the golden age for Tennis, had Djokovic, murray or nadal been born in another Era they could quite comfortably match federer's achievements, you couldn't say that about the pole.

But he was not 'leading'.

He was 2 sets to 1 down, how is that leading?

So what you are saying is that because he was leading in the set it gave him the right? So if he was 2 sets down, but winning 1 game to 0 in the third set then he is 'leading'?

It is an outdoor tournament for crying out loud, and players like he who will never win wimbledon really need to improve their attitudes.

This is the golden age for Tennis, had Djokovic, murray or nadal been born in another Era they could quite comfortably match federer's achievements, you couldn't say that about the pole.

He wanted it closed before he went 2 sets to 1 down.

Watch it back and you will see him complaining even when he was leading in that third set. 

2 sets down and 1-0 wtf you on about, it was 1 set each, and Janowicz was leading in the third, hence leading the match.