Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

He wanted it closed before he went 2 sets to 1 down.

Watch it back and you will see him complaining even when he was leading in that third set. 

2 sets down and 1-0 wtf you on about, it was 1 set each, and Janowicz was leading in the third, hence leading the match.

But he shouldn't even have been moaning. He asked the question got an answer and carried on asking and moaning. The roof was shut too early when it actually got shut, but he wanted it shut about an half an hour before that. It's not on, he doesn't make the decision, it shows poor attitude, poor mentality and it another reason why he won't win a major. You think maybe his breakdown about the roof might have had a bearing on the destination of that set. Needs to learn to shut up and play tennis.

He wanted it closed before he went 2 sets to 1 down.

Watch it back and you will see him complaining even when he was leading in that third set. 

2 sets down and 1-0 wtf you on about, it was 1 set each, and Janowicz was leading in the third, hence leading the match.

How are you even justifying the actions of the Pole?

He doesn't deserve to play on Center court with his attitude.

He has never won anything, will never win anything, and will never make the Wimbledon Semi's again. 

Oh, and 'What are you on about'? - Well it is you who cannot read properly.

But he shouldn't even have been moaning. He asked the question got an answer and carried on asking and moaning. The roof was shut too early when it actually got shut, but he wanted it shut about an half an hour before that. It's not on, he doesn't make the decision, it shows poor attitude, poor mentality and it another reason why he won't win a major. You think maybe his breakdown about the roof might have had a bearing on the destination of that set. Needs to learn to shut up and play tennis.

Poor attitude and poor mentality, are reasons he won't win a major.

One name.

Victoria Azarenka.

A great match from Murray, completely dominated and took advantage of a mistake-a-plenty Djokovic.

Must say though I was in disbelief when that rat Salmond used Andy's awesome and well deserved win as Scottish nationalist propaganda. Completely disgusting and was the only reason why he went in the first place, to score a few points in front of Cameron and Miliband.

Well done Andy.

He doesn't deserve to play on Center court with his attitude.

He has never won anything, will never win anything, and will never make the Wimbledon Semi's again. 

But he was in the Wimbledon Semi's so therefore he has to play on Centre Court. Oh and his match against Almagro was on centre court.

He has never won anything...he has been on the main tour a year ffs, a year, and his second major tournament he reached the final. He went from challenger and future events to top 20 in the World in a year, he was struggling money wise and was living in his car sometimes this time last year, and a year later he has reached a Grand Slam Semi.

Enough said.

Poor attitude

Poor Mentality

Lack of Ability.

Azarenka had poor attitude and poor mentality, and now she has improved and is a two time Australian Open winner.

Lack of ability, if he lacked ability he wouldn't of beat the players he has beat. 

But he was in the Wimbledon Semi's so therefore he has to play on Centre Court. Oh and his match against Almagro was on centre court.

He has never won anything...he has been on the main tour a year ffs, a year, and his second major tournament he reached the final. He went from challenger and future events to top 20 in the World in a year, he was struggling money wise and was living in his car sometimes this time last year, and a year later he has reached a Grand Slam Semi.

Enough said.

But he is 22.

He should have showed ability by now, he has not. Murray, Djokovic, nadal, federer etc will not fear him at all.

The guy just won Wimbledon in straight sets against the world number 1, who cares within which arbitrary set of borders he was born.

That's like saying "Spain just won the World Cup, who cares which arbitrary set of borders they were born in".

It's nice and all, but I'd prefer for an English person to win it (being English myself). I'm not particularly excited about him winning it, in the same way that I don't support the Welsh football team. That being said, I'm glad he won it - he was clearly the better player, and deserved to win one, especially after coming so close last time. I just don't really see it as a "home" victory.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

That's like saying "Spain just won the World Cup, who cares which arbitrary set of borders they were born in".

It's nice and all, but I'd prefer for an English person to win it (being English myself). I'm not particularly excited about him winning it, in the same way that I don't support the Welsh football team. That being said, I'm glad he won it - he was clearly the better player, and deserved to win one, especially after coming so close last time. I just don't really see it as a "home" victory.

So how did you react to the Lions winning?

Or how will you react to 'South Africa' winning the ashes??

Murray showed incredible mental resilience today.

Plenty of players would have crumbled at 4-1 down in the second set against Djokovic but Murray turned it around to win 7-5. From there, it looked almost like a foregone conclusion. 

He outfought, outwitted and outplayed the World Number One. I get the sense he's just reaching his prime after the year he's had and best of luck to him, it'd be nice for a Brit to be genuinely considered the benchmark in world sport.

Edited by Bilo

So how did you react to the Lions winning?

Or how will you react to 'South Africa' winning the ashes??

Indifferent - I don't like Rugby or Cricket, I find them both pretty dull.

That being said, if there are players in there that represent England, then I would support the team (if I liked the sports) - the same way that I supported Team GB at the Olympics. If it was entirely Welsh players or Scottish players though, then I wouldn't care, since there isn't any part of it representing England. Tennis is a different kettle of fish anyway. It's not a team game.

Edited by Charl91

It's completely different, tennis is an individual sport. Only in the Davis Cup are they grouped by nation and Wimbledon is far more important.

Sports Personality and probably a knighthood on the way...

Pleased to see Murray win - lifts the curse and gives the BBC something else to concentrate on now.

That last game summed up the match despite the straight sets win.

So up and down but Murray made less errors and hit so many winners.

It's completely different, tennis is an individual sport. Only in the Davis Cup are they grouped by nation and Wimbledon is far more important.

It is an individual sport. That just means it's one Scottish player on the field, instead of 11 of them.

But he is 22.

He should have showed ability by now, he has not. Murray, Djokovic, nadal, federer etc will not fear him at all.

Murray feared him when they played in Paris, so much that Janowicz beat him. 

22 is still young, but it's the fact he has been only playing major events for a year, and he's gone from 220 to top 20 in the World is the most impressive. Future and Challenger events, do you know how much of a struggle and how depressing those events can be, especially with little money he had, and from that to now in a year is absolutely incredible. 

It's nice and all, but I'd prefer for an English person to win it (being English myself). I'm not particularly excited about him winning it, in the same way that I don't support the Welsh football team. That being said, I'm glad he won it - he was clearly the better player, and deserved to win one, especially after coming so close last time. I just don't really see it as a "home" victory.

Murray represents Britain. He's British. Did you cheer when we bossed it at the Olympics? That was Britain. It's the same thing.

This thread is brimming with ill-informed drivel.

For those who say the Scots "want independence" or Salmond will break up the Union, the polls have been consistently showing less than a third in favour of independence for the last few years and recently, if anything, the polls are getting worse for the Nationalists.

Plenty of Scots in forums up here seething about Salmond's stunt at the end, as well, by the way.

Oh, and almost forgot to mention that a great game of tennis was played today which I really enjoyed watching.  Fair play on Djokovic for his gracious interview after the game, too. 

• Like 2