Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

But Wimbledon comes round every year. World Cups do not.

I'm not trying to take away from what Murray has done, but I thought the BBCs comments were typical of them really.

I see your point but at the same time despite the fact it does come around every year we haven't won it for 77 years. So I expect the media to be going somewhat overboard, but winning the football World Cup would be the absolute greatest British achievement ever. Wimbledon for me anyway is a close second.

Andy Murray is suppose to be british tennis player not scottish tennis player, so what is all these scottish flags being waved about. If he was an english, you wouldn't see an english flag anywhere.

Because Scotland is a country in Great Britain, the country of his birth, you egg.

I see your point but at the same time despite the fact it does come around every year we haven't won it for 77 years. So I expect the media to be going somewhat overboard, but winning the football World Cup would be the absolute greatest British achievement ever. Wimbledon for me anyway is a close second.

Now you are wrong- That would be English/Scottish

Tsonga will be a contender in a few years to come as well as Del Potro

Few years? Tsonga will be on the wrong side of 30 by then. I wish he was a few years younger but he seems to be making of an impression a bit too late. 

Del Potro, on the other hand, does have more promise due to his age. But he plays at such high intensity, I see him going the way of Nadal injury-wise. So much pressure and strain on the knees and it'll be to his detriment.

Few years? Tsonga will be on the wrong side of 30 by then. I wish he was a few years younger but he seems to be making of an impression a bit too late.

Del Potro, on the other hand, does have more promise due to his age. But he plays at such high intensity, I see him going the way of Nadal injury-wise. So much pressure and strain on the knees and it'll be to his detriment.

I thought Tsonga was relatively young, :/

Already 28. I like Tsonga though, seems a really likeable bloke, and plays with a smile on his face all the time. Would be nice if he could get one Slam before he ends. He might need a few things to go in his favour, but should the there be an injury or two and a couple of shocks to the big 4 in one of the next few slams, it'll be him, Del Potro or Berdych who will be the most likely to step up.

Yeah I did a last year (thought he was younger than 27). He certainly plays like someone about 20/21.

Already 28. I like Tsonga though, seems a really likeable bloke, and plays with a smile on his face all the time. Would be nice if he could get one Slam before he ends. He might need a few things to go in his favour, but should the there be an injury or two and a couple of shocks to the big 4 in one of the next few slams, it'll be him, Del Potro or Berdych who will be the most likely to step up.

Totally agree. I'd love for him to win a Slam too. 

I don't understand why everyone's so against him getting a Knighthood. Loads of sportsmen have them these days. He's achieved the pinnacle of his sport representing Great Britain, winning something nobody else could manage for 77 years, add an Olympic Gold to that, quite a bit of charity work and you've got yourselves a shoe-in for Sir Andrew at some stage. 

I don't understand why everyone's so against him getting a Knighthood. Loads of sportsmen have them these days. He's achieved the pinnacle of his sport representing Great Britain, winning something nobody else could manage for 77 years, add an Olympic Gold to that, quite a bit of charity work and you've got yourselves a shoe-in for Sir Andrew at some stage.

He also won the US Open so is a multiple slam winner,. how often has a British man achieved that feat. Let alone his record of 7 slam finals and numerous masters titles.

To put his achievement in perceptive in the modern era Tim Henman is our second best mens player and only won one masters title. It's not like he has just won Wimbledon on luck, he is truly a great player.

Edited by shearfox

He also won the US Open so is a multiple slam winner,. how often has a British man achieved that feat. Let alone his record of 7 slam finals and numerous masters titles.

Yep. If you look through the list of sporting knights and dames Murray's achievements are right up there with the very best. Sooner he becomes a Sir the better. Thoroughly deserved. 

Jerzy gone up to 17th in the World Rankings. The joint biggest mover inside the top 32, with Andreas Seppi also moving up five places.

Eurosport did a thing at the French Open, where pundits predicted by 2018, who will be the top 10 in the Men's World Rankings.

What do you guys think?

Jerzy gone up to 17th in the World Rankings. The joint biggest mover inside the top 32, with Andreas Seppi also moving up five places.

Eurosport did a thing at the French Open, where pundits predicted by 2018, who will be the top 10 in the Men's World Rankings.

What do you guys think?

Right, my last word on this before you can open your own thread a reply to yourself whilst masturbating over you weird obsession/crush on this freakishly tall Pole.

I'm guessing in this prediction, they put him up in the top ten, fair enough, I never said he wouldn't make the top ten, but I don't think he'll be a mainstay there. I think they predicted Dimitrov would be number 1 didn't they? Anyway yes I noticed he had reached 17th, didn't you say earlier this was his first year on the full tour? Well whilst his move up to 17th is very impressive, and to be honest he's higher than most on their first year, surely his movement upwards, especially this week will mainly be down to the fact he has no points to defend from last years events. So when he plays all these next year, and fails to match his performance, he'll start to drop back down again.

Also the other thing I really don't get is your obsession with him. Yes he's good, you don't get to a top 20 ranking without some talent, but he's not THAT good. And he's been on the tour 5 minutes, when guys have been on tour for a few years you start to get a feel for the type of person and player they are, and can make decisions if you like them or not. Even if you watch a lot of tennis you can't have built up a strong opinion of the the type of person or sportsman he is. You admitted yourself you watched him once and that was it, you had to watch more, you clearly fancy him and its **** all about tennis. I'm not saying you can't like younger players, but seriously, you've gone beyond being a little impressed and moved onto flag waving, poster buying, almost slalkerish obsession, I really don't get it. So please please shut the **** up about Jerzy ****ing Janowicz and come back when he's achieved something. At the minute he's played a few decent matches in secondary events, at least come back when he's beat a top player at a slam.

What do you guys think?

You're no Bruno Brookes

I'm not saying he should never be knighted just that it's premature especially in that it's only the last year he's come good and youd hope there's much more to come.

He has been in the worlds top four for several years, so it isn't the last year he has come good. He made four slam finals before he won the US Open... It's the last year that he has become a true champion however.

Right, my last word on this before you can open your own thread a reply to yourself whilst masturbating over you weird obsession/crush on this freakishly tall Pole.

I'm guessing in this prediction, they put him up in the top ten, fair enough, I never said he wouldn't make the top ten, but I don't think he'll be a mainstay there. I think they predicted Dimitrov would be number 1 didn't they? Anyway yes I noticed he had reached 17th, didn't you say earlier this was his first year on the full tour? Well whilst his move up to 17th is very impressive, and to be honest he's higher than most on their first year, surely his movement upwards, especially this week will mainly be down to the fact he has no points to defend from last years events. So when he plays all these next year, and fails to match his performance, he'll start to drop back down again.

Might be right there tbh.