Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Well done Dan  :chant:

Eminently winnable match next round if he can keep playing like that last game too. 

I'm not getting carried away - this may just be a one tournament flash-in-the-pan, but the potential is clearly there for him to push on from this and get himself ensconced in the top 100.

Well that was impressive, followed up his magnificent win in the first round... When was the last time the men's British number three got to the third round of a slam?

Probably Murray when he was British number 7/8 odd and made the 3rd round of Wimby in 2005.

Firstly he's a game away from victory, so wouldn't worry about him getting wound up. Criticising a player for that when your a Janowiscz fan is rich.

Secondly, stop judging him on the very best players, he's aiming for a top 100 ranking not top 10. He'll drop serves, he'll miss shots, he'll make mistakes, he's not Novak Djokovic!

There were too many breaks, he held serve well in the end, and his forehand and old school net play impressed me. 

But the fourth set for instance, started with two breaks, you get that a lot in Women's matches, not Men's.

He's won anyway, Robredo or Dancevic next for him. 

But like I said yesterday or whenever it was, he has played mainly futures and challengers so why should I be impressed, this is his second major tournament of the year and this is his most impressive run yet, and if he continues to perform in main tournaments and plays and does well against the best players week in week out, then people should start talking.

Regardless if you say on here, oh he has improved a lot this year, his temperament etc... he needs to bring this into his matches, and so far at the US Open he has done this, but this is one run so far, one run, if he can do it in the next couple of years then he will climb into the top 100. 

He will be a good player when he starts consistently beating players around Tomic's and Nieminen's ranking, and beats the odd top 32 player.

So far he has only done this at the US Open, and nowhere else, so you should realise why I'm not getting on the high horse just yet.

There were too many breaks, he held serve well in the end, and his forehand and old school net play impressed me.

But the fourth set for instance, started with two breaks, you get that a lot in Women's matches, not Men's.

But like I said yesterday or whenever it was, he has played mainly futures and challengers so why should I be impressed, this is his second major tournament of the year and this is his most impressive run yet, and if he continues to perform in main tournaments and plays and does well against the best players week in week out, then people should start talking.

Regardless if you say on here, oh he has improved a lot this year, his temperament etc... he needs to bring this into his matches, and so far at the US Open he has done this, but this is one run so far, one run, if he can do it in the next couple of years then he will climb into the top 100.

He will be a good player when he starts consistently beating players around Tomic's and Nieminen's ranking, and beats the odd top 32 player.

So far he has only done this at the US Open, and nowhere else, so you should realise why I'm not getting on the high horse just yet.

I'm not discussing this with you anymore, you're a tool. I and other have mentioned he has long been admired by those in the sport but has had a really shit attitude. So he's not been applying his talent, hence why he's been in challengers. He's changed, admitted his faults and is playing well. This change of attitude has literally come in the last few months, so obviously he won't have has other great runs this year. He's hoping to hit top 100, and on this showing he will. Try watching the tennis, and maybe looking at why a player is where they are at certain points of their career, rather than just googling their results.

Now reply if you want, I won't reply to you because you're an idiot.

Edited by Facecloth

Is this an attempt at "banter"? lol

So basically what your saying there is your that much of a stooge you can't make a call on player until he is a good player, so your admitting you have no insight into the game at all, and you want credit for stating the obvious.

I'm not discussing this with you anymore, you're a tool. I and other have mentioned he has long been admired by those in the sport but has had a really shit attitude. So he's not been applying his talent, hence why he's been in challengers. He's changed, admitted his faults and is playing well. This change of attitude has literally come in the last few months, so obviously he won't have has other great runs this year. He's hoping to hit top 100, and on this showing he will. Try watching the tennis, and maybe looking at why a player is where they are at certain points of their career, rather than just googling their results.

Now reply if you want, I won't reply to you because you're an idiot.

No I'm not a tool, there was nothing wrong with my last message.

He is British, you are jumping on the bandwagon, if this was say Jack Sock, David Goffin or someone similar to them, then people in Britain and you in particular wouldn't take notice.

You mention stop looking at their results, what else I'm I meant to do, when he is playing in future and challenger events all year, pack my bags and stalk him around the bloody World? 

One run mate run one, and when he starts producing it on a regular basis, then I will start giving him the credit he deserves.

We've seen players in the past have good runs, yet don't apply it later on down the line, Evans may be like them, he might not. 

But there's no point having ago, because of my opinions. 

Is this an attempt at "banter"? lol

So basically what your saying there is your that much of a stooge you can't make a call on player until he is a good player, so your admitting you have no insight into the game at all, and you want credit for stating the obvious.

I know more about Women's Tennis, than Men's Tennis I admit that. But if he is to climb into the top 100, why shouldn't he beating players ranked 50-60-70 like Tomic is?

No I'm not a tool, there was nothing wrong with my last message.

He is British, you are jumping on the bandwagon, if this was say Jack Sock, David Goffin or someone similar to them, then people in Britain and you in particular wouldn't take notice.

You mention stop looking at their results, what else I'm I meant to do, when he is playing in future and challenger events all year, pack my bags and stalk him around the bloody World? 

One run mate run one, and when he starts producing it on a regular basis, then I will start giving him the credit he deserves.

We've seen players in the past have good runs, yet don't apply it later on down the line, Evans may be like them, he might not. 

But there's no point having ago, because of my opinions. 

I know more about Women's Tennis, than Men's Tennis I admit that. But if he is to climb into the top 100, why shouldn't he beating players ranked 50-60-70 like Tomic is?

I'd just like to add I also think you're an idiot that's not even worth arguing with.

Murray looking excellent at the minute, although I'm sure Kingfox will point out that's impossible to say whether or not he's a potential world number 1 until he's ranked world number 1.

• Like 1

Murray not even having to get out of 2nd gear. And probably won't have to until the QF. 

If he looked any more comfy out there he'd have the slippers and easy chair. 

Mind you, as people have said Djoko and Nadal are looking untroubled as well in similar fashion. The first big roadblock for any of them will probably be Isner for Nadal in R4.

One interesting thing is Murray has actually probably the easiest QF match of the three, which could end up telling - who knows?

Murray should win matches like this comfortably, so course he is playing well, that's what you expect to see, nearly everytime he goes out on court. 

This third set a struggle though, and there he goes talking to himself.

Guest MattP

lol lol

Me and my mate Jeff were out on Broad Street a couple of years back and met Dan Evans, absolutely slaughtered in the Figure of Eight and then we wandered down to one of the restaurant bars and ended up in the Tap and Spire.

He kept calling himself Dan the Animal and we couldn't stop laughing, ended up bumping into Jason Plato as well at some point, long story but he left us in the Sports cafe after finding these two chubby blondes, last thing he said to me was "I'm gonna have a right time with this, animallll yeahhhhhh"

We were pissing ourselves, hope he can continue to do well, cracking bloke.

Edited by MattP

lol lol

Me and my mate Jeff were out on Broad Street a couple of years back and met Dan Evans, absolutely slaughtered in the Figure of Eight and then we wandered down to one of the restaurant bars and ended up in the Tap and Spire.

He kept calling himself Dan the Animal and we couldn't stop laughing, ended up bumping into Jason Plato as well at some point, long story but he left us in the Sports cafe after finding these two chubby blondes, last thing he said to me was "I'm gonna have a right time with this, animallll yeahhhhhh"

We were pissing ourselves, hope he can continue to do well, cracking bloke.

Did he chafe his nipples that night?

Guest MattP

Did he chafe his nipples that night?

Not that I remember, he did do about 7-8 Jaegerbombs though, thought he was a bit of a lunatic at the time, clearly calmed down a bit now.

Not that I remember, he did do about 7-8 Jaegerbombs though, thought he was a bit of a lunatic at the time, clearly calmed down a bit now.

He could do with a shave though, and that tattoo on his leg, less said about that, the better. 

Murray should win matches like this comfortably, so course he is playing well, that's what you expect to see, nearly everytime he goes out on court.

This third set a struggle though, and there he goes talking to himself.

Murray knows he needs to peak at the right time, and that isn't the second round... His opponent played fantastic but still lost despite Murray being in second gear.

Murray knows he needs to peak at the right time, and that isn't the second round... His opponent played fantastic but still lost despite Murray being in second gear.

I wouldn't even try mate. He's one of these people who is so convinced they know everything on a subject they won't be swayed at all despite the fact everyone is telling them they are wrong.

Anyway Del Potro has gone out to Hewitt.

I wouldn't even try mate. He's one of these people who is so convinced they know everything on a subject they won't be swayed at all despite the fact everyone is telling them they are wrong.

Anyway Del Potro has gone out to Hewitt.

Stop it just stop it.

He has 1 good tournament, 1 good tournament.

I don't expect him to be top 10, I don't expect him to beat players like Federer, Djokovic and Murray.

I'm just saying, if he can produce some good runs and more good results in other tournaments, then he will break into the top 100, and people will start to take more notice.

But right now, this is 1 good run, regardless if his changed his attitude and approach. Now like he is doing at the US, he needs to show it in more tournaments later down the line.

And like I said I don't expect him to beat top players, but why can't he gain good results, against players who are ranked 50-80 in the World? 

Stop it just stop it.

He has 1 good tournament, 1 good tournament.

I don't expect him to be top 10, I don't expect him to beat players like Federer, Djokovic and Murray.

I'm just saying, if he can produce some good runs and more good results in other tournaments, then he will break into the top 100, and people will start to take more notice.

But right now, this is 1 good run, regardless if his changed his attitude and approach. Now like he is doing at the US, he needs to show it in more tournaments later down the line.

And like I said I don't expect him to beat top players, but why can't he gain good results, against players who are ranked 50-80 in the World? 

not really what anyone has said is it.