Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Quality battle between Gasquet and Ferrer, about time Gasquet won a big match in 5 sets, two in a row never thought he would do that. 

One of the biggest talents in the game, has all the shots, but never been able to fulfill his full potential, mentally and physically in the past we have seen him chuck matches away. 

Glad to see him pull through, match up against Rafa will be full of amazing shots if it happens.

Super match, would have put my house on Ferrer at the end of the fourth, rare to see Gasquet hold his nerve going from 2-0 to 2-2.

Wawrinka Murray and Nadal Gasquet are both matches that could really push the seeds.

Williams brothers on now in the doubles. egh.

Super match, would have put my house on Ferrer at the end of the fourth, rare to see Gasquet hold his nerve going from 2-0 to 2-2.

Wawrinka Murray and Nadal Gasquet are both matches that could really push the seeds.

Williams brothers on now in the doubles. egh.

Which ones?  :P

You know what I mean. :pearson:

:P

Well, Wawrinka hasn't beaten Murray off-clay for three years now so that's a good sign in of itself, but that farcical USO 2010 match keeps popping up in my head so I can't help but feel just a mite apprehensive.

Provided Nadal beats Robredo here (which is practically a given) Gasquet may not offer up much threat, but it would be nice if he made Rafa work for it just a bit.

:P

Well, Wawrinka hasn't beaten Murray off-clay for three years now so that's a good sign in of itself, but that farcical USO 2010 match keeps popping up in my head so I can't help but feel just a mite apprehensive.

Provided Nadal beats Robredo here (which is practically a given) Gasquet may not offer up much threat, but it would be nice if he made Rafa work for it just a bit.

That's the problem with these sort of players isn't it? A genius on the day but stringing two World Class performances together is why they are top 20 and not top 5.

Would be nice to see a game go five, I like it even more at the US Open when it goes to a breaker.

lol

I do in the US. It's a different scene and vibe.

Wimbledon isn't for that, the fans here and France are built with patience and a bit more knowledge, but it's perfect for the US audience, the music in between play and the lights under Ashe. It fits in.

I don't think Wawrinka is actually playing that well, both players are making a lot of errors. Stan has just been more secure on serve than Murray thus far.

Really, Wawrinka is not making many errors when you consider the game he is playing, he has hit so many winners... I have rarely seen this were Murray can't get hold of his opponents serve. Tough out there especially with the wind which suits Wawrinka... The worst I have seen Murray play in a long time...

Edited by shearfox

Really, Wawrinka is not making many errors when you consider the game he is playing, he has hit so many winners... I have rarely seen this were Murray can't get hold of his opponents serve. Tough out there especially with the wind which suits Wawrinka...

He's making more winners and less errors than Murray, but that's not really saying much here. Murray playing very poorly, far too many errors, and like you said can't seem to find inroads on the Wawrinka serve.

This has always been a bad matchup for Murray really, and he needs to play better than this.

He's making more winners and less errors than Murray, but that's not really saying much here. Murray playing very poorly, far too many errors, and like you said can't seem to find inroads on the Wawrinka serve.

This has always been a bad matchup for Murray really, and he needs to play better than this.

First set Wawrinka did make some errors, second set I'm not seeing him miss anything he shouldn't...

First set Wawrinka did make some errors, second set I'm not seeing him miss anything he shouldn't...

He's making a few errors here and there, but yes reduced from the first set.

Murray still can pull this back, but he needs to apply more pressure and seriously cut out the error count.

Shocking Tennis from Murray, it has been a long time since I have seen Murray play so poorly at a slam, far too many errors... just not good enough against an opponent who is just playing some of their best Tennis and has such big weapons. Wawrinka just has so much time on the ball, I'm surprised Murray just doesn't step up a bit take that away from Wawrinka...

Edited by shearfox

I had a bad feeling about this one. Annoying that it is coming to pass. Last time he lost in straight sets in a Slam to someone off-clay who wasn't Federer, Djokovic or Nadal was Cilic in USO 2009, and that was with a wrist injury.

What's more annoying is it will be more fuel for his detractors. 

I had a bad feeling about this one. Annoying that it is coming to pass. Last time he lost in straight sets in a Slam to someone off-clay who wasn't Federer, Djokovic or Nadal was Cilic in USO 2009, and that was with a wrist injury.

What's more annoying is it will be more fuel for his detractors.

Every great player does have a very bad match, this is certainly Murrays, difficult to hold serve and struggling to return serve, been very poor today. Shocking that was... Gave Wawrinka far too many easy points, gave him time and allowed him to gain confidence. Bad day for him. Edited by shearfox